Are we in short supply?

90 Goblin Priest
I've noticed my queues are getting shorter, down to less than a minute usually, and ive seen some guild spamming for healers. I've also seen a handful of groups where im the only not guildie..

Also im the only healer in my guild atm.

Is this merely me noticing anecdotes, or are healers hard to come by these days.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We usually are at the start of an expansion. The shortage will ease later on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
5 man queues are getting longer for healers-- most of the demand (and satchels) goes to tanks. Healer queues for raid finder are pretty fast, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Raids - Most groups starting off with 2 healers in their 10 man raids, as opposed to 3 as is usually typical early on.

Yeah, when I read this about the new raids I was very bugged-eyed about it. Starting OFF with 2? That makes me nervous. I went disc/shadow instead of disc/holy for that reason and because questing as disc is PAINFUL. Needing a dps offspec to be brought to a raid always made me sad though.

(edit) I was always pure heals, but asking which of 3 healers had dps offspecs and having to say "no I'm a healer" seemed odd to even have to say.
Edited by Ocyla on 10/13/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used to think it was tanks since they were the only spec I saw with Satchel available, and I saw it a lot.

Last night I got my first Satchel of the expansion, and I've actually seen it a few times since when I wasn't interested. So maybe?

I hope I can continue to heal as my Monk without issues since I have no love at all for the other two specs, but desperately love my MW. Even when I had a healer with a spec I sorta liked (Boomkin, Ele), the tanks were often right behind me during raids on the chart, and that was before Vengeance got OP again. That's partially since I usually DPS'd in my healing gear, but it's not like I ever got an influx of trinkets or anything to help much. No one expected me to do a whole lot so I didn't complain usually.

If the content doesn't like me healing (and I always make sure I do a good job with healing, or quickly learn how to), then I say whatever content that is can take a hike, cause I'm not interested and will find something better to do, even if it's not in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
healers are always in short supply and good healers even more so
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Until I see my first heroic satchel, I'll assume there are plenty of healers, so it's OK for me to keep leveling my tank or play Pokemon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
My guild decided to do an LFR last week, when all was said and done we were queuing with 2 tanks, 17 dps and 1 healer. Of those 17 DPS, 2-3 of them were tanks who switched to DPS.

Queue time for our run ended up being something like 13-15 minutes while we waited for healers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't know, overall, but for the first time ever I got not only one, but two satchels as a healer. I'd never gotten one before and had no idea what it was. lol. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The "first wave" of healers is done with heroics. Also, most raiders do LFR on tuesdays. As the week goes on less and less healers need to queue heroics for VP.

10/13/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Ocyla
(edit) I was always pure heals, but asking which of 3 healers had dps offspecs and having to say "no I'm a healer" seemed odd to even have to say.

That has been common practice forever, but priests are the least likely to DPS due to double healing specs compared to say, druids who usually have a boomkin spec handy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I made the mistake of starting daily without switching to ret once. Never again will I do that. That 500k health mob that takes 10-15 seconds to kill as ret, took forever to kill as holy. Never, ever, again!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Beginning of expansions are the worst time for noob healers since our mana regen requires thought :l
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MoP dungeon still new to most ppl. Blizzard make most ppl need to do dailies to have gears with high item level. Use healing spec to do dailies is totally a nightmare. Gears for healing and dps is totally different, farm 2 type of gears is hard, but still can get all of them, just need more time, as I hv farm tanking and healing gear for this toon. My main spec is MW, off spec is BM. Not many ppl like to farm 2 type of gear, so most prefer dps. Tank is really short supply in dungeon, almost every time instant q. HOwever, healer q very fast in LFR. My 1st MoP LFR is last week, tue. I q as healer, instant q. But for H dungeon, last week, need to wait about 5 min, but now less than 5 min, and has satchel. Satchel always is for tank.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]