Remote Guild Chat does not work.

(Locked)

90 Goblin Warrior
Hello. I have acquired a Huawei Activa 4G m920. It has the capability of having the WoW Mobile Armory. I can login and use everything such as the Auction House, the Realm Status, Events, view my character in the Armory, etc.
My problem is that I can not sign into my Remote Guild Chat. It says, "Chat Connection Error: Unable to establish connection to server." It has been doing this from the start as soon as I got this, and I tried to uninstall and reinstall, along with changing settings in my account. I also tried to enter two different servers from two different characters.. I tried to enter on my main here on Moon Guard, to no avail. It was the same on Wyrmrest Accord.
I wasn't sure if many other people were having the same problem as me, with just the Remote Guild Chat being the only thing that isn't working, and I hope to learn about this situation a little more, and hopefully have it fixed. Thank you for your time!
Edited by Nícken on 10/13/2012 5:16 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warrior
Oh! And if more information helps, I noticed that others have their characters shown in WoW as signed in from the Remote Guild chat, but unable to sign in from their phone. This is not my case, as it does not show me I am signed into the Remote Guild Chat at all. Along with this, I have not done any paid services after I have installed the WoW Mobile Armory for the first time. I have done so in the past, but not recently.
Edited by Nícken on 10/13/2012 5:21 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Remote Chat for Moon Guard guilds has very seldom worked...even when this was a paid service. Any timeframe available for when this might be fixed for Moon Guard?
Quality Assurance
10/13/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Anadas
Remote Chat for Moon Guard guilds has very seldom worked...even when this was a paid service. Any timeframe available for when this might be fixed for Moon Guard?

Our engineers are still working on a permanent fix for this. Honestly, it's never persisted as long as it has this time around. I collect data pretty regularly and send it up to the engineers working on this bug, so I'll make an announcement in the Moon Guard forum when it's been resolved.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm on Tortheldrin and it's not working. It keeps telling me Connection timed out.
Some extra info:
This character never transferred from a realm
I do not have any problems using mobile auction house
90 Blood Elf Mage
First of all: Thank you for making this feature free, Blizzard. :)
I have been having this problem all month as well, since I downloaded the app. I was able to log into Remote Guild Chat once for about an hour a few days ago, and then it stopped working. I have tried several times to no avail. I have the same thing as the original poster: I can log into auction house and all other features but remote guild chat, and get the following error message.
"Chat Connection Error: Unable to establish connection to server."
I am also stuck on being logged in to remote guild chat according to my guild roster in-game, even though I have logged off fully from the app by pushing the "log off" button.
I really like this app and this feature, and I hope that the Blizzard engineers get it fixed soon. I really enjoyed chatting with my guildmates while I was out shopping a few days ago, and would love to keep in touch with them when I travel and am out and about. It's not a necessity, obviously, but the convenience and pure novelty of the app is wonderful. I do hope it is being worked on, and not ignored. Particularly the problem of my being logged into remote chat on the guild roster when I am not.
Thanks! I know you are working hard, Blizzard, and have a lot to do. But this gamer would be very pleased to see this fixed. :)
<3
P.S. - My phone is an android. It is an htc Aria. I believe it has Froyo 2.2.
Edited by Sarellia on 11/3/2012 3:35 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Moon Guard player here. I seem to be having some trouble myself. All of my moon guard characters cannot log into the remote chat. I get the message 'Chat Connection Error: Unable to establish connection to the server'

Here's what little info I can provide-
This char has been transferred from another realm that I play on.
Chars made on this realm on both factions can't access their guilds in remote chat.
I play on multiple realms and this is the only one that has the problem (For me personally.)
My phone is an Android 2

What little it is, I hope it helps. Thanks blizzard though for making the app free and here's to hoping this gets fixed soon!
91 Night Elf Monk
Moon Guard here too. My characters from other realms can easily and quickly log into guild chat; however the second I switch my Moon Guard toon; I get the same "Chat Connection Error" message as well.

This is on an iPhone 4
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just tried it again -just now- and was able to get in. I don't know how or why, could maybe have had something to do with maintenance today. But I’d figured I’d go ahead and post it anyway.
93 Draenei Paladin
For the record as yet another Moon Guardian, I've been completely unable to access Guild Chat on a 2nd Gen iPod Touch.

This wasn't an issue before with a dead guild, but as I'm actually with people I'd like to talk to now, it's really annoying this STILL is apparently a server-wide problem.
Quality Assurance
For the record as yet another Moon Guardian, I've been completely unable to access Guild Chat on a 2nd Gen iPod Touch.

This wasn't an issue before with a dead guild, but as I'm actually with people I'd like to talk to now, it's really annoying this STILL is apparently a server-wide problem.

Our choice to support the iPhone 5 processor architecture required us to drop support for devices using older processors, such as the iPod 2nd gen and iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3G and the iPod second gen are 4 year old products. Are you experiencing this issue on any other devices?
Edited by Wilebosk on 12/11/2012 12:29 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
I'm using an iPhone 4S and I am unable to access the chat feature for my server as well.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm on a Ipod Touch (the one with a camera) and I can't connect to any of my guild chats on Uldaman.
Quality Assurance
Are either of you two still experiencing guild chat connection issues since the weekly maintenance today?
100 Tauren Druid
I still am, I actually created a thread in reference to it yesterday after posting here within this thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7384088563

Sorry, for the multiple post thing, after reading through the posts here, I thought it might be helpful to have an iOS specific thread. It seemed that all the different types of mobile apps might be having different issues.

My iOS is up to date, the App is up to date, I tried on two different platforms, 4S and iPad 3rd gen.
87 Blood Elf Priest
Tried to log into gchat just now and still not working.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am also unable to log into remote guild chat. Kargath server, using a Droid 3, with android version 2.3.4. Haven't been able to log in for 2 days now.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I also have been having problems logging into the Remote Guild chat for the past two days. Every time i try to connect it gives me an error message that says "Cannot connect to server" I'm on the Medivh Server with a Droid Razr Android version 4.04
Quality Assurance
We're looking into these connection issues. Just letting you all know that we are also encountering this and we have a team working to resolve this.
Citizen of the Emerald Dream, here. Guild Chat was working for me until last Tuesday, when the changes were laid down by Blizzard. Now I have been unable to access my guild's words since that time. An iphone 4 and 5 have been attempted, to no avail. Reinstallation and rebooting also.

All aspects of the Armory function, save Guild Chat, which reports "chat connection error."

Many thanks for your hard work on this. It is a truly breathtaking function, sorely missed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]