Remote Guild Chat does not work.

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
Just started using the app on a iPhone4 (up to date iOS) today, and haven't been able to use guild chat at all. Also the app has an occasional connection issue.
66 Night Elf Druid
I actually am having this same issue on my iPhone 5.
36 Goblin Mage
Same with my ipod and ipad.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eazy's pro tip of the day: if you can't connect to remote guild chat, try logging into europe or korea, then try again.

Seemed to work for me.
100 Gnome Priest
Having same problem today. Tons working but not chat. Tried over wireless 4g connection and wifi, both didn't work. I also tried to turn phone off and on.

How could you connect to another country? Do I already have to have a character on a server or can I try and just swap countrys?
100 Orc Mage
Unable to connect to chat for most of the day. It will connect for like an hour and then Whenever I try to log in I get a chat connection error. This has been going on for over a week now.
Samsungs SGH I997
100 Goblin Shaman
Worked earlier but not now... Come on blizzard find the issue!!
100 Blood Elf Mage
Could we get an update on this issue? It has been increasing and I have been unable to connect to chat at all for the last day. I am also on Durotan not Moon Guard. LG Revolution android.
Thank you
90 Dwarf Paladin
iPhone 4. Haven't been able to chat for about a week now. Keeps saying connection error
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This seems to be a global issue as far as realms and devices. I have an Android ICS 4.0.3 tablet and all aspects of the mobile armory work except the remote guild chat. I get the same error message. "Chat Connection Error. Unable to establish connection to server." I'm on the Illidan server and I know at least two of my guild mates are having the same issue. I have a feeling this is a coding problem so it could take some time to fix as there is a massive amount of networking code involved in this kind of application. I'm fine waiting for a solid fix as everything else works. Cheers to Blizz for making this service free and available for all.
90 Human Mage
i am of the Emerald Dream as well, and have also been experiencing this issue since late december, i get a few minutes online every other day b4 i dc and can no longer establish a connection

i am using the Bluestacks application installed on a Windows 7 PC
Edited by Ice on 1/8/2013 10:12 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Is there any way we could at least get an update on this issue?
90 Goblin Hunter
I would like to add that i was unable to use remtoe chat for about 2 weeks now until today i have been able to sign in and out all day.
90 Night Elf Priest
Experiencing it on my Iphone 4S.
90 Tauren Death Knight
iPhone 5

iOS 6.0.2

Ever since Blizzard made the Remote App free, i have only been able to log on any of my toons on Mal'Ganis like 3-5 times ONLY....

Will there be a fix ? EVER? =\
100 Troll Hunter
I also am experiencing difficulty with guild chat. All the other feTires are in working order. I am using the most recent ipod known to date. Why am i having this issue?
Quality Assurance
02/06/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Shananageins
I also am experiencing difficulty with guild chat. All the other feTires are in working order. I am using the most recent ipod known to date. Why am i having this issue?

Have you recently joined this guild? Has your guild recently performed a name change or transfer? Likewise, have you recently performed a name change or transfer?

All of these scenarios would prevent you from immediately having access to Guild Chat. This is due how cached data works from WoW to Web to Mobile.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hi! I'm on mal'ganis and I am having the exact same problem tried everything. Thanks!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]