Inscribed Crane Staff

100 Draenei Mage
I think the way the quest works makes it pretty easy to make a mistake. I mean, you have to click "yes" to destroy a grey item, but there is no "are you sure you want to do this?" to destroy a BoA epic staff that takes DAYS to make? Or what if it was a misclick?

And sure, you can argue that it says it in the quest, but what Weedhopped said above is absolutely true, you do have to type "delete" to destroy other BoAs, and I am pretty sure there is no precedent where a quest takes away something like this, generally you have to turn the quest in to GET the weapon. It seems like poor design. At the very least you should be able to get it back, like a buy back from vendor option. They have those for a reason.

Also, even if they can't restore the quest item, shouldn't be that big of a deal to restore the mats so you can craft another one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
There are two Youtube videos made by people that also had this issue. Both of them have had their items restored as well. Keep your tickets open.
Reply Quote
Staff restored just a bit ago. Thank you, Blizz. XD

Now please take the quest off the item and attach it to the vendor, mmkay. Even your CSRs must be grinding their teeth over this one by now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
/cry
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If it happened to you Oriole just open your ticket. It seems everyone is getting it back just be patient a little bit longer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am a victim of this stupid quest set up.

Victim? The quest tells you exactly what will happen. If you're a victim of anything you're a victim of your inability to read and comprehend quest text.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I just made this mistake on my shadow priest. I had just finished upgrading the staff to the epic, spent my valor points on upgrading it, and went to turn in stuff at the arboretum and saw the question mark. I did not realize that I was losing the staff, my fault because I clicked and moved on. Did not even realize I no longer had the staff until I was in a raid in heart of fear. Now I have no weapon at all, so playing is not an option right now.

So yes, it was my mistake for not reading the quest. With daily quests for cooking, golden lotus, august celestials, and shadow pan...all on two toons plus leveling a third, I can honestly say that I do not have time to completely read them all. Did I mention that I also have a home, job, family and life beyond the game? I feel like this game is a second job lately.

I do think that it is a poorly written quest. Why anyone would dump the staff is beyond me. When you try to delete old items a box pops up and you have to literally type delete into it, yet not for this?

I am putting this post in multiple forums so that perhaps someone from Blizzard will take notice and do something about this. I am well aware that I am not the only one who has done this, and I am hopeful they will restore those that have lost theirs, and change the wording on the quest so that you at least get the pop up box!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/22/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Adelaide
I am a victim of this stupid quest set up.

Victim? The quest tells you exactly what will happen. If you're a victim of anything you're a victim of your inability to read and comprehend quest text.

This, 100 times this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
For the new people that had this happen, please open a ticket and inform them of what occurred. You will hopefully have your item restored as everyone else has. It would certainly have been nice for this issue to be addressed before so many players were affected by it but alas they chose to make you open a ticket to get it resolved. I was really hoping for the "quest" to be changed for 5.1 to make this error less common, oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Years and years of playing WOW ive gotten to the point where I hardly read quests anymore. I mean cmon seriously. Click on the question mark accept. This is a big design flaw.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Marus
Years and years of playing WOW ive gotten to the point where I hardly read quests anymore. I mean cmon seriously. Click on the question mark accept. This is a big design flaw.

It's not a design flaw if you don't read a quest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It is a design flaw. With any gear, regular or even other BOA, you can equip it with a right click. You lvl multiple chars..and with each gear upgrade it is an automatic right click. How often do you drag your gear? Do you even remember that is an option? But in this case, the right click doesn't equip the item. It starts a quest.

And in this case, you made a base staff and used that until you are 90 and have the mats for the purple BOA. And by now, you have for sure outgrown the original base staff that it is made from. So when you get the quest, you think that it is to complete the new BOA staff. You expect the BASE staff to be destroyed in the process, creating the shiny new purple BOA staff. Comm'on Blizz, fix this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have been able to equip my Inscribed Serpent Staff on my warlock but not my death knight. Probably because death knights cannot equip staves. I also have an inscribed Tiger staff to equip on maybe a warrior or hunter but a ranged weapon would probably be best for hunters and my warrior is a long way from level 90.

I almost completed the quest and lost my staff but stopped just in time.

I just completed first upgrade to the serpent staff tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Now I'm wondering what would happen if I abandoned those quests, probably lose the staves that way.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Just happened to me. The quest still works the same stupid way. Hopefully I get my staff. I honestly thought the 10 scrolls were a reward just for making the staff. Really frustrated now as I was excited to experiment with my resto shammy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
XXL
Put in a ticket. I did the same thing. Put a ticket in and they gave it back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am so pissed! I spent so much time getting all the materials and the scrolls for this to happen. I have my ticket in, and i`m waiting for a response. This is like on tv when a woman is waiting for her pregnancy test response, geez. I really hope I get my staff back. I bought a month subscription for WoW and am still considering if i`ll go for the next month. This might be the deciding factor. If I don't get it back i`m going to be stuck with my green ilvl 429 staff for a while longer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/17/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Instìnctz
Seems like people need to learn to read the quest text.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Is there a dungeon/raid that drops the Rain Poppy Staff?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]