(Sticky)

100 Human Hunter
Spirit Cat (Heal and Mastery)
Shale Spider (5% stats and Wrap)
Devilsaur (Crit and reduction in heals)
Core Hound (Increase in cast time)
Silthid (Web and Stam Buff)

Thoose are mine at the moment i find them to be the best in arenas

That's a good lineup for BM, I was referring to if you were Marksmanship or Survival. You might want to swap out one of those for a dragonhawk if you are doing arenas with a caster, they bring a nice 8% increase in magic damage taken debuff.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
Hello, I do not see a "Shot priority" section of this guide. Can you shed some light on this? I'm an MM hunter running with a disc priest in 2s. When should I be Aimed Shotting? And when Thrill of the Hunt procs and Serpent Sting isn't up, should I spam my Arcane Shots or should I stop to apply Serpent Sting first? Little things like that I am unsure of. All the details you can give me would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Hello, I do not see a "Shot priority" section of this guide. Can you shed some light on this? I'm an MM hunter running with a disc priest in 2s. When should I be Aimed Shotting? And when Thrill of the Hunt procs and Serpent Sting isn't up, should I spam my Arcane Shots or should I stop to apply Serpent Sting first? Little things like that I am unsure of. All the details you can give me would be much appreciated.

The only time you should hard cast aimed shot is if...

1. Chimera shot is on CD
2. Powershot is on CD
3. You're not taking direct damage
4. You're under a haste effect like Rapid Fire or Heroism
5. You have over 80 focus

Always cast aimed shot when you have 3 stacks of Master Marksman so it's fired instantly. If you have it glyphed you can use it more often b/c you can remain mobile. Also, if you can't open with powershot it's a good idea to open with aimed shot for the increased crit chance from careful aim, or if your target is getting healed up past 90% health frequently.

One last note, don't use aimed shot if line of sight might be an issue in the next 2 seconds.

Since you're playing with a disc priest you're going to want to be doing as much sustained dps as possible before you pop your cooldowns in that kill window so you're going to want to apply serpent sting to your dps target right after your Powershot > Chimera > Blink Strike opener. The only time you wouldn't apply serpent sting is if you plan on switching targets (like if you're expecting void shift from an opposing priest) and you don't have glyph of solace equipped.

Also, don't worry about wasting TotH procs, it procs so often and the buff lasts so long that it's not really an issue.

Oh and I have a shot priority section right after the general tips and tricks section. I just didn't label it in the table of contents.
Edited by Qualk on 4/24/2013 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Very helpful! I'm just starting pvp, so this is great. Thank you :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Qualk...you are the shizznit! :-)
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Very helpful! I'm just starting pvp, so this is great. Thank you :)

You're very welcome :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Qualk...you are the shizznit! :-)

:D
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Updated Gemming and Stat priority sections for 5.3.
Reply Quote
Qualk enchant your cloak and gloves nerd.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Qualk enchant your cloak and gloves nerd.

BUT I'M SO POOR!
Reply Quote
Hi Qualk, thanks foryour guide, can see that you have put a lot of time and effort in creating this :)
I decided to roll hunter, but atm still not sure which spec to choose, Im 100% new to hunter and ret pally is my only 90 toon so Im kinda... noob and new to MoP :P.

Can you please suggest me a spec between MM and BM? Im more into MM but a lot of ppl saying BM is easier to play, more forgiving and doing better in 2's (which I consider the most).
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Hi Qualk, thanks foryour guide, can see that you have put a lot of time and effort in creating this :)
I decided to roll hunter, but atm still not sure which spec to choose, Im 100% new to hunter and ret pally is my only 90 toon so Im kinda... noob and new to MoP :P.

Can you please suggest me a spec between MM and BM? Im more into MM but a lot of ppl saying BM is easier to play, more forgiving and doing better in 2's (which I consider the most).

Thanks!

I actually think MM is better in 5.3 because of the intimidation move and MM has binding shot now which is really a great ability now that we don't have to take it instead of silencing shot. MM is also more forgiving if your pet dies or bugs out or whatever. I mean it's not so bad anymore since they did buff the cast time on revive pet, but the blink strike nerf and the intimidation nerf really hurt BM.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
A guide for Hunter pvp in 5.3, really? C'mon guys, you're just trolling us now..
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
A guide for Hunter pvp in 5.3, really? C'mon guys, you're just trolling us now..

Not sure if trolling...

*fry face from futurama*
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I have a question, it's kind of random in stupid but I'm really curious is this all done with the blizzard UI or not if so, do you just keybind them to any certain space that you prefer?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I have a question, it's kind of random in stupid but I'm really curious is this all done with the blizzard UI or not if so, do you just keybind them to any certain space that you prefer?

Not really sure what your question is here.

I do use a number of addons, I'd consider my core UI setup to be...
Xperl_Unit Frames
Dominos Action Bars
Quartz Cast Bar
Gladius EX Arena Frames
Recount
DBM (PvP)
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Updated some of the class specific strategies.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
This is an amazing and well thought out post.

I am a new hunter and this has stimulated many ideas.

I mean I cannot tell you how many times I used arcane shot on a DK when I should not have been because he is imune and many other stupid things.

I cannot believe this has not been stickied as really good especially the portion on how to deal with other classes as I think thats the creme of the post here.

Please sticky.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Anyone notice how BM hunters seem to take more damage? I looked through all the talents and could find nothing but when I spec BM I live longer with people on me hitting me. I don't live as long as MM.

Nothing I can find to explain this but it really seems to be the case. I play both specs MM and BM I really like MM better but it does not do as well, about 10k lower DPS during max burst maybe 15k and MM seems like a glass cannon dies very easy.

However, MM feels better to play like your more active.

Any thoughts?

Please sticky!
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
This is an amazing and well thought out post.

I am a new hunter and this has stimulated many ideas.

I mean I cannot tell you how many times I used arcane shot on a DK when I should not have been because he is imune and many other stupid things.

I cannot believe this has not been stickied as really good especially the portion on how to deal with other classes as I think thats the creme of the post here.

Please sticky

Thank you very much!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]