Hunter PvP Guide (6.0)

(Sticky)

100 Goblin Hunter
Very nice guide! Also, could you add other class' spells that makes them immune to interupts & silence. Theres also the pally bubble, they can use it now even when silenced???? I thought they remove immunities on cata coz like they said, " We want CCs to matter in PvP & PvE".
Reply Quote
This is a very well done guide, and it shows that you put allot of effort and time into this.

Great job!
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
Long guide and all, but I'm not sure how trustworthy it is given your low PvP ratings. I suppose this helps new people get their feet wet, but I'd much prefer a sticky PvP guide to be written by someone at least 2k, preferably higher.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Long guide and all, but I'm not sure how trustworthy it is given your low PvP ratings. I suppose this helps new people get their feet wet, but I'd much prefer a sticky PvP guide to be written by someone at least 2k, preferably higher.

Highest Arena rating ever achieved - 1959 last season in 3v3 (Good enough for Challenger)

RBG rating - 1700ish last season (don't remember exactly)

So sorry I don't make your cut, but those gladiator's didn't take the time to write a guide, I did. So take it or leave it but I honestly think you're missing out if you don't read it simply because I don't have the 2k achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Very nice guide! Also, could you add other class' spells that makes them immune to interupts & silence. Theres also the pally bubble, they can use it now even when silenced???? I thought they remove immunities on cata coz like they said, " We want CCs to matter in PvP & PvE".

Thank you! I was actually thinking of just making a whole section about important abilities from other classes that you should know (instead of the lengthy dueling guide I wrote for my cata guide). So I will work on that and add it shortly.

Here's the thing with paladins. If you hit them with silencing shot DURING a cast, it locks them out of their holy school for a few seconds (therefore they cannot bubble). HOWEVER, if you hit them with silencing shot when they're NOT casting, they are not locked out and can bubble. So if you can you should always try and silencing shot them during a cast since it prevents bubble for a few seconds.
Reply Quote
24 Undead Hunter
Your guides always make me cringe. There is a reason why your previous two weren't stickied and this one wont be either.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
10/18/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Garrygum
Your guides always make me cringe. There is a reason why your previous two weren't stickied and this one wont be either.

Could you please elaborate?
Reply Quote
24 Undead Hunter
10/18/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Qualk
Could you please elaborate?

It's mostly the false, misleading, and highly opinionated information.
Edited by Garrygum on 10/18/2012 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
10/18/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Garrygum
It's mostly the false, misleading, and highly opinionated information.

...like what? Jeez this is like pulling teeth.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/18/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Qualk
...like what? Jeez this is like pulling teeth.

Not doing this again. Every time I have pointed out flaws in your guides you have very happily told me why you are never wrong and has left little impact.

I'll just remind everyone that the majority of it is based on random battlegrounds and 1500-1600 2v2 arenas which should automatically be a huge red flag to anyone reading.
Edited by Powerspawn on 10/18/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Not doing this again. Every time I have pointed out flaws in your guides you have very happily told me why you are never wrong and has left little impact.

I'll just remind everyone that the majority of it is based on random battlegrounds and 1500-1600 2v2 arenas which should automatically be a huge red flag to anyone reading.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I made several changes based on your input to my last guide. You're just convinced I'm bad because I don't have a high rating.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Doesn't most of this mean nothing now in light of the recent nerfs announced?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/18/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Qualk
I have no idea what you're talking about, I made several changes based on your input to my last guide. You're just convinced I'm bad because I don't have a high rating.

Nice speculation, but you're wrong. I never said anything about your skill, for all I know you could be the best hunter in the world but that doesn't make the guide any better.

10/18/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Eponine
Powerspawn, can you point out things that you see are "false, misleading, and highly opinionated"? I've only had time to browse the first couple of posts, but I didn't catch anything off in them.

Alright, I'll name the things wrong I see in just section II b, ignoring the awkward formatting, and then I'm done.

3) Kill Shot isn't necessarily our 1st priority shot

5) Concussive Shot doesn't always need to be applied, it's situational. I don't know what you mean by "barring abilities like hand of freedom" but if you mean it prevents them from using it then that's wrong.

6) You don't always need to apply Widow's Venom either. It costs focus and a GCD, both something that you could be using on damage abilities.
Edited by Powerspawn on 10/18/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
TLDR;

Pop trinkets, pop BW, pop lynx rush, readiness, repeat previous steps. = Healer is dead, arena has been won.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
3) Kill Shot isn't our 1st priority shot

Correct. Which is why I listed it second to silencing shot.

10/18/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Powerspawn
5) Concussive Shot doesn't always need to be applied, it's situational. I don't know what you mean by "barring abilities like hand of freedom" but if you mean it prevents them from using it then that's wrong.

Good point, I'll edit that part a bit.

I just meant that you should try and have conc shot up as much as possible because abilities like hand of freedom remove it.

10/18/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Powerspawn
6) You don't always need to apply Widow's Venom either. It costs focus and a GCD, both something that you could be using on damage abilities.

Correct again, which is why I said directly below it to not use widow's venom if there's someone else who can do the healing debuff. I actually do think that you should always have widow's venom (or any healing debuff) up though because every single class has some sort of self-healing even if there isn't a healer around. Plus, focus regen is MUCH better this expansion so we aren't as punished for using it on widow's venom.

I really appreciate the feedback, however reluctant you were to give it ;p

I will change the conc shot section a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/18/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Qualk
3) Kill Shot isn't our 1st priority shot

Correct. Which is why I listed it second to silencing shot.

I actually hate you, Qualk.
Edited by Powerspawn on 10/18/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
10/18/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Powerspawn
I actually hate you, Qualk.

Channel that hatred - strike out at the ignorant community! Write your own superior guide that will turn mine into mere ashes! And stop spawning Sha's of Hatred in the hunter forums!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/18/2012 03:15 AMPosted by Magnolia
I'm almost positive it's only really to help those who have never really pvp'd before.

Most of the guides written by the high rated players are on other sites.

@Powerspawn. I don't see the issue. No one else has been willing to write any kind of PVP guide outside of qualk. Could it be better? Ya. Doesn't mean it's not sticky worthy, as it WILL help out those new to PVP.

I do think that there should be a part mentioning Arena Junkies for more heavily detailed / high skill level players however, as sites such as arena junkies will be more helpful for supporting proper play past the 2200, or even 2K ratings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]