Hunter PvP Guide (6.0 Warlords Updated!)

(Sticky)

90 Human Death Knight
...like what? Jeez this is like pulling teeth.

Not doing this again. Every time I have pointed out flaws in your guides you have very happily told me why you are never wrong and has left little impact.

I'll just remind everyone that the majority of it is based on random battlegrounds and 1500-1600 2v2 arenas which should automatically be a huge red flag to anyone reading.

Speaking of red flags, how is the DDOS squad in Dara doing? Right now you guys are the laughing stock of the whole PvP community. Arena Junkies, the WoW forums, everywhere.

Just because the OP isn't Glad doesn't mean he can't make a topic about hunter PvP. Get off of your high horse.

If you think you can make a better topic, do it. It's clear that the OP is the only person here who had the balls and the knowledge to make a detailed PvP topic like this. Don't insult him for being the only person on the hunter forums to step up to the task.
Edited by Vartrius on 11/19/2012 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Sticky requested. There should seriously be one of these topics for every class forum. Given the sheer numbers of PvP questions in every class forum, a kick-!@# topic such as this should definitely be something to be sticked.

I am so proud to see a guildie of mine create one of these

/tear

Thanks man! I appreciate everyones positive feedback :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I'm still curious... how is this thread, along with the other guide threads, NOT stickied yet?! XD.

:D Appreciate the support!
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Speaking of red flags, how is the DDOS squad in Dara doing? Right now you guys are the laughing stock of the whole PvP community. Arena Junkies, the WoW forums, everywhere.

Just because the OP isn't Glad doesn't mean he can't make a topic about hunter PvP. Get off of your high horse.

If you think you can make a better topic, do it. It's clear that the OP is the only person here who had the balls and the knowledge to make a detailed PvP topic like this. Don't insult him for being the only person on the hunter forums to step up to the task.

/Salute
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Updated: Added 'headlines' of hunter changes to the "What's New" section and removed some outdated macros (mostly aspect of the fox macros).
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Updated monk info a bit
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So how up to date is this guide? I've been playing my monk more lately since I PvE more but my hunter is my PvP toon since he has gear already. I haven't really played him in probably close to a month. Didn't really look up any changes besides the BW one.

Is BM still the go to spec? Or is MM/SV making it close?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
So how up to date is this guide? I've been playing my monk more lately since I PvE more but my hunter is my PvP toon since he has gear already. I haven't really played him in probably close to a month. Didn't really look up any changes besides the BW one.

He is constantly updating it, it seems. as he gets new information, other opinions, so on and so forth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Re evaluate the usefulness of binding shot. When used properly it is very strong- and also I do not like the way your evaluation of talent's 'scores' is also based on the strength of other talents in the same tier, they should be judged and 'scored' separately without taking the others in the tier into the judgement of that one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Also, you have aspect of the iron hawk above spirit bond*- Exhil is really the most picked/ useful talent in this tier but some who are very good at kiting/ avoiding high damage can effectively use spirit bond when expecting long periods of low damage incoming- Just as it is with pve.
Edited by Gudrød on 12/1/2012 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

It's 5.1 current, although I am constantly updating as I find new information etc.

BM is still very strong with the CC breaks, however with the nerfs to lynx rush and Bestial Wrath Marks is starting to look just as good as BM.

Survival is still possibly THE worst pvp spec of ALL the classes in the game, lacking any burst outside of LnL and STILL no dispel protection.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
By was of a bump you could also add something about the fact that you can swap your talents and glyphs in arena now based on the comp you are facing.

Only problem, add ons can often bug that out with a message "blah blah add on blocked whatever" and you need to reload ui to make it work again. Just dont reload UI in arena or even weirder things may happen, like once after reloading the UI I could not use any of my abilities, none at all ..
Reply Quote
By was of a bump you could also add something about the fact that you can swap your talents and glyphs in arena now based on the comp you are facing.

Only problem, add ons can often bug that out with a message "blah blah add on blocked whatever" and you need to reload ui to make it work again. Just dont reload UI in arena or even weirder things may happen, like once after reloading the UI I could not use any of my abilities, none at all ..

Bows to the tabards of tabards. )

Tell them to bring it back plz ).
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
12/01/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Gudrød
Re evaluate the usefulness of binding shot. When used properly it is very strong- and also I do not like the way your evaluation of talent's 'scores' is also based on the strength of other talents in the same tier, they should be judged and 'scored' separately without taking the others in the tier into the judgement of that one.

I fail to see there EVER being a situation where you would take Binding Shot over Silencing Shot, and if there is it's most likely VERY situational.

As for the talent ratings...Of course I'm going to rate them that way, rating them each separately doesn't make any sense. Each of the talents on the same tier is competing for your talent point, so it makes the most sense to compare each of the talents on the same tier.

For instance, Binding Shot would be much better if it was on the level 15 tier, because then you could have Binding Shot AND Silencing Shot. However, it's not. It's competing with Silencing Shot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
12/01/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Gudrød
Also, you have aspect of the iron hawk above spirit bond*- Exhil is really the most picked/ useful talent in this tier but some who are very good at kiting/ avoiding high damage can effectively use spirit bond when expecting long periods of low damage incoming- Just as it is with pve

Yeah, all those talents are pretty even on that tier. I just prefer iron hawk because I feel like it's more useful in the long run than the other two but that's not based on any hard math or anything. Plus I don't want an extra keybind in exhil.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Bows to the tabards of tabards. )

Tell them to bring it back plz ).

:D
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Qualk this was a huge help
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/04/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Shuloa
Qualk this was a huge help

Thanks, and you're welcome :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]