Where are the smolderthorn vets ? Envy/KiSS

85 Orc Warrior
Anyone from back in the day around, or know where people headed off too?

Neuro, Kiku, Flogzero, ANALtime, shinrai, lefty, krondog, and all those nerds from Transc/NA/Entropy/BL :D

I remember those great days in BWL, ruining AQ events/world dragons/lvl 20 lock alts at kazzak...

I am in college right now, just wondering who, if anyone, is still around, even if they arnt playing.
Edited by Gophstar on 10/14/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I know some people are in my guild that played in Vanilla. But I don't know about hordies. Sorry
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
and in case anyone was wondering about a lil of the history

ran across this tale - http://www.bluntlogic.com/smf/index.php?topic=6033.0
Edited by Gophstar on 10/15/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
No idea what happened to most of them, but I was in Énvy and then NA in vanilla on another druid named Beevo. I know when NA broke up, Fuse (hunter) started Sad Panda and they're still around so maybe some people are there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ooooh man, the good ol' days....I was on smolderthorn from day 1. I was a gnome mage (slinkie) in Art of Warfare(AoW). Heres a couple screens I came across while digging through some old files, I wish i would have had name plates on for the Aq opening screen.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/Medigo666/aqopen.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/Medigo666/cec.jpg
Edited by Shampòó on 10/16/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I was that lock Gopher from Énvy ......just needed that damn nemesis belt haha :D

ill have to check on the Sad Panda, sucks I have run into people from those days from that server, but not most of those names mentioned. :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't remember any guild called Art of Warfare...just Art of Welfare...
Anyways reading that one post brought a lot of great memories back, this server in its prime had some of the best drama around. Miss yall!
Wildheart
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hey Gopher, I remember you, I hated you for the first week or so I was in Énvy. Not sure if you'll remember this, but I got recruited by Flog after your previous druid quit the game after getting the realms first Lava Dredger. I was playing my old druid, Beevo.

Anyway, I'd been in Molten Core before but never gotten past Majordomo, so I'm we're headed to Rag and I tell Flog I don't know the Rag fight, and this was before people were making boss videos or before they were really popular anyway, so Flog tells "stay with Gopher, he'll tell you what to do" and he tells you more or less the same thing or so I'm lead to believe.

We get there and you walk me through most of the fight and we're doing alright but about 3/4 of the way through the fight you tell me "I need an innervate" and while I think it's odd to give a warlock an innervate, Flog told me you'd coach me through the fight. I innervated you and not 5 seconds after I had Flog asks me for an innervate, best I can figure you whispered Flog to tell him to ask me, and I had to tell him I'd already used it on a warlock. I was sure my 'trial' was over and that I'd never be invited to join the guild.

Wasn't until after I'd been accepted into the guild and got to know everyone that I realized that probably set up from the beginning but until that point I hated you.

Anyway, just seeing your name brought that memory back.
Edited by Doug on 10/20/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I spoke mostly in sarcasm then, but then there were the ego's of the realm we had to deal with..

hahaha TOPPIN CHARTS WITH INNERVATE sounds like a legit lock strategy :D

why do we censor out Domo strat in the videos? So nerds THINK we iceblock pull!
Edited by Gophstar on 10/24/2012 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hi!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tethys (hunter) from KiSS here. Definitely remember those days with Envy wiping each other on Kazzak, among other rivalries. Been wondering the same thing, although there are too many names/memories to list. Ah nostalgia..

edit: @ Shampoo, those screenshots are great - some names I definitely recognize all too well.
Edited by Sugarmists on 11/21/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh my gosh... Krondog the original troll. I do miss him the most.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Some people moved on. Others moved on with life. I've been afk for about a couple of years myself.

Oh, fyi, I'm Breotan from Art of Warfare back in the days when that tightly wound warrior, Hits lead it. :)
Edited by Boxcar on 8/3/2013 4:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well holy crap, Breotan! What up man! <---Slinkie from AoW
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
And then there was Ebonslash camping Thorium Point flight path.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
ah the memories
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
oh !@#$ its deathstrike and cecilia in that picture! havent seen them in ages!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Spartha you're not allowed to have memories.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I remember pulling the world bosses to SW and Tauren Mill with a group of 40+ players ... or the epic battles in South Shore or better the battles for STV. Great times.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
The good old days. I just started playing again and this game has changed so much its crazy. I'm playing a panda monk but on horde side. Just started doing that LFR thing and looking around for a guild to raid with. If there are any horde vets that want to take in a former rival let me know in game. Name is Smokypalm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]