Windsong and Elemental Force Information

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Priest
10/15/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
In this case, it refers to the highest of your casting speed multiplier, or your attack speed multiplier. So, haste rating, increased attack speed effects (such as the attack speed raid buff), pure haste (such as Heroism or Bloodlust), or even Mind-Numbing Poison will all affect it.

Does this mean if the Windsong haste effect procs, Windsong will be more likely to proc again?
Edited by Adelena on 10/15/2012 7:14 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
There's something wrong with Bloodthirst, its heal, or Deep Wounds and the current Windsong. If I'm just autoattacking a dummy, I see proc rates right around where I'd theoretically expect. If I turn so I'm only able to hit a dummy with specials and just hit BT on CD, I see virtually no procs(I can go several minutes without seeing one). If I just autoattack and BT a dummy simultaneously, I see significantly reduced proc rates compared to the pure autoattack test.

It seems as if some part of BT, BT's heal, or deep wounds is counting towards the "last time I had a chance to proc" timer, without actually being able to proc it, and it is significantly dragging down the overall proc rate as a result.
Edited by Rallik on 10/15/2012 7:43 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
In general, if the same proc triggers while a previous one is active, will the effects stack?

Some possibilities using Windsong:
- Get 2 stacks of the buff: 3000 rating
- Buff duration is extended by proc duration: 2 * 12 seconds in total
- Buff time gets reset to the duration: duration of previous proc + 12 seconds in total

In the last case the overlapped time would be lost, making longer duration procs relatively worse.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Death Knights too? Isn't Runeforging supposed to be their thing, better than other weapon enchants?

And DKs, since our Runeforges are superior to these enchants

Useful does not mean the same thing as optimal.
Edited by Jagernaught on 10/15/2012 8:36 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Monk
Is the Way of the Monk 40% attack speed bonus counted for purposes of the proc? If so, that will do weird things to 1h vs. 2h balance.
90 Troll Warlock
EJ (if I recall correctly, I can't seem to find the post anymore) has a similar system detailed out for Nightfall procs for Affliction warlocks. However, by their theory, the chance to proc Nightfall starts out very small (I believe 0.5%) and increases over time, thus stabilizing the proc rate at roughly once every 20 seconds. Is this an accurate model for Nightfall, or is it actually using this Real PPM model without us realizing it?

Are there any other proc mechanics added or changed in or since 5.0 that are using Real PPM, or are using a system other than Real PPM and the two you detailed above?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/15/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Adelena
Does this mean if the Windsong haste effect procs, Windsong will be more likely to proc again?
It certainly feels that way on my Ret Paladin.
The new Haste Potion also seems to affect it. I could see myself dropping a haste potion as a pre-pot and then a strength pot mid-fight if this is the case.
87 Troll Hunter
MHC
Also, a minor clarification from the original post:

[quote]Windsong is now a useful enchant for all classes and specs

*Except Hunters, since they use scopes instead of weapon enchants.

Could we get some fun scopes then? Or let us use regular weapon enchants on our bows?

Scopes aren't fun.
90 Goblin Priest
Unless the equation was explained incorrectly, the final proc percentage does not interact with haste at all.

Percent chance to proc:
= (X PPM) * (% haste) * (average time between damage events with 0 haste) / (% haste) / 60
= (X PPM) * (average time between damage events with 0 haste) / 60

At least it don't scale negatively with haste, and I presume that's what the intent was.
Edited by Gyrobine on 10/16/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Community Manager
10/15/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Eternalreign
And DKs, since our Runeforges are superior to these enchants

Oh, oops, yes, them too. Sorry!

10/15/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Pins
I suppose this brings up another question of mine. Does it dynamically update with haste procs?

Yes. The proc chance is determined based on the haste at the time of the damage/healing event.
100 Gnome Mage
Thanks for the quick answers to these questions, very reminiscent of when everybody came together for the Beta Class Balance thread. GCs been crushing it on Twitter too with his Q/A. 150 character answers really afford you the opportunity to get to more questions. I still think Windsong might be the choice for Mages, but I'll go through some logs next time I get a chance (daily time!) Thanks again.
Edited by Digerati on 10/16/2012 2:43 PM PDT
89 Tauren Druid
10/15/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
di
MDWEUU4U32EE/EO3O2
89 Tauren Druid
IOL I CANT EVIT TEL YOU THIS IS SOCH A GOD GAM
90 Human Paladin
Prolly make myself out to be a noob asking this...but.

Is this balanced for dual wielders? I feel kind of left out being only able to wield one weapon and receiving less of a chance to proc this seemingly awesome enchant.
90 Goblin Mage
10/15/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Dreyfuss
2H weapons have more stats than a pair of 1H weapons.

Loshan, Terror Incarnate + Tornado-Summoning Censer

Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker

So a 1h/oh setup gets me:
-30 Stamina
+146 Intellect
-53 secondary stats

She meant melee weapons. A one-hand melee weapon has less than half the stat budget of a two-handed melee weapon in order to balance the fact that you can use regular weapon enchantment on both weapons when dual-wielding.
90 Goblin Mage
10/16/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Toddless
Is this balanced for dual wielders? I feel kind of left out being only able to wield one weapon and receiving less of a chance to proc this seemingly awesome enchant.

Sort of. They're going to try to, obviously. It's tough to balance all the different specs exactly, though, especially since they scale differently with gear levels and work differently on different encounters, so they won't get it exactly right.

But what they're definitely not going to do is balance the classes around the assumption that everyone's using unenchanted weapons and then give them weapon enchantments that unbalance everything. They do balance around enchantments, gems, buffs, consumables, and even encounter mechanics.
90 Night Elf Druid
Windsong is 2 RPPM total and the buff applied is totally random. Each time it procs, you randomly get 1 of 3 buffs.
So, should we expect to not see multiple Windsong buffs when we only have a single enchant then? Or is it still possible to get more than one of the random buffs up at the same time?
Why does Windsong give my Frost Mage Mastery?
100 Orc Warlock
Because it randomly chooses one of the three: Crit, Haste, and Mastery, every time. As for having multiple Windsong buffs up, I'm routinely rocking at least 2/3, occasionally all 3. It's goofy.
90 Goblin Mage
10/16/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Arcanu
Why does Windsong give my Frost Mage Mastery?

Windsong is 2 RPPM total and the buff applied is totally random. Each time it procs, you randomly get 1 of 3 buffs.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]