Windsong and Elemental Force Information

(Locked)

86 Worgen Rogue
10/16/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Brennvin
And DKs, since our Runeforges are superior to these enchants

Oh, oops, yes, them too. Sorry!

I suppose this brings up another question of mine. Does it dynamically update with haste procs?

Yes. The proc chance is determined based on the haste at the time of the damage/healing event.

I like your name...
85 Undead Warlock
How does Elemental Force work with DoT classes? Does each DoT have its own proc chance tracking or is it a single tracking done across all DoTs?

Example: Say I have 20% haste so the formula will be 10 * 1.2 * (time since last chance to proc).
I have 3 DoTs on the target: Agony; UA; Corruption each ticking every 2 secs for 20 secs, so 10 ticks. First tick is after 2 secs, and not on application of DoT. Using numbers/tick times for ease of calculation so bear with me :)

DoTs applied in order: Corr > UA > Agony - each 1 sec apart. There have been no EF procs for UA or Agony. However, on the 3rd tick of Corr EF procs. 1 Sec later UA will be ticking for 3rd time; 1 second after that Agony will be ticking for 3rd time.

Will the UA & Agony ticks that follow this Corr-EF proc take into account this Corr-EF proc or will they be looking at the last time UA or Agony had a chance to proc EF and use that time?

So, say, for UA will it be something like: 10 * 1.2 * 1sec (Corr-EF proc'd last) or 10 * 1.2 * 4 (3rd tick = 4 secs after 1st tick)

I went through the blue posts but couldn't find the answer to this =/
90 Goblin Priest
Unless the equation was explained incorrectly, the final proc percentage does not interact with haste at all.

Percent chance to proc:
= (X PPM) * (% haste) * (average time between damage events with 0 haste) / (% haste) / 60
= (X PPM) * (average time between damage events with 0 haste) / 60

At least it don't scale negatively with haste, and I presume that's what the intent was.

So, we tested this and it seems that the enchants do scale positively with haste, which means that the equations given are incorrect =\
Edited by Gyrobine on 10/19/2012 4:04 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Windsong is nice but still needs work. It's great because when I can get in a raid I can get a couple buffs gauranteed. My main issue is they dont work still. 1500 crit for me should be on dot's and wrath spell. but it never does any extra critting EXCEPT for, Wrath and starfire. I liike the enchant a-ton though because ofthe nice icon that show on top right of screen that sais Plus 1500 crit strike, and 1500 mastery when they proc. but that's all I got out of the enchant so far. cute icons on top right of my screen.
85 Undead Death Knight
10/23/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Xnames
Windsong is nice but still needs work. It's great because when I can get in a raid I can get a couple buffs gauranteed. My main issue is they dont work still. 1500 crit for me should be on dot's and wrath spell. but it never does any extra critting EXCEPT for, Wrath and starfire.

You have to recast your DoTs while the buff is active to benefit from it. The buff will then remain on the DoT until it recast or refreshed.
90 Worgen Druid
Any word yet on why feral uptime with Dancing Steel is drastically lower than everyone else?

http://i.imgur.com/koQCL.jpg
90 Worgen Druid
To expand, from Tinderhoof in a different thread:

Continuing to see a pattern of Ferals seeing about 1.2 ppm and 2h classes like Palis and Warriors are getting 2-3 procs a minute (50% up time). Rogues, Monks and DKs are seeing 4-5 PPM. It's pretty clear something is broken, just not sure if everyone else is proc'ing to much or we are proc'ing to little.
100 Orc Warlock
10/15/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit are 2 Real PPM,

Testing I just performed shows quite clearly that Jade Spirit is not based on PPM, but on proc rate with an ICD.

Over a period of approximately 5 minutes, while channeling Malefic Grasp and maintaining DoTs with Soulburn: Soul Swap, procs occurred at the following times:

0:04
1:03
1:54
2:44
3:35
4:25
5:18

It appears to have a reasonably high proc rate with a 50 second ICD.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/5/2012 10:37 PM PST
Community Manager
In 5.1, we’re migrating four additional procs over to the Real PPM system. Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit are 2 Real PPM, River's Song is 4 Real PPM, and Colossus is 6 Real PPM.
90 Orc Hunter
11/06/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Daxxarri
In 5.1, we’re migrating four additional procs over to the Real PPM system. Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit are 2 Real PPM, River's Song is 4 Real PPM, and Colossus is 6 Real PPM.

So when are scopes going to get some love?
90 Worgen Druid

Will this 'fix' feral uptime? Because it is most definitely lower than everyone else.
85 Troll Mage

So your not going to hotfix this to live? oh well can at least set this up internally until 5.1 hits.
100 Orc Warlock

Are they currently on the Real PPM system on the PTR?
100 Human Monk
Any chance of seeing this system moved to class abilities as well at some point? It always felt like it would be a good way to handle chi generation with soothing mist/crackling jade lightning (instead of a flat % like it is now).
10/15/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Suzushiirou
Is the Way of the Monk 40% attack speed bonus counted for purposes of the proc? If so, that will do weird things to 1h vs. 2h balance.

Quoting this because I'm wondering the same thing. Will have a great effect on purchasing either Conquest 2h or Conquest 2x 1H because as it stands, DW is far above anything 2H can provide unless this is true.
85 Troll Mage
Forgot to ask but will the proc length and and values of the procs stay the same or will they change also?

Jade Spirit = 12 seconds
Dancing Steep = 12 seconds
Colossus = 10 seconds
River's Song = 7 seconds

I remember Jade Spirit had a 50 second cooldown before. Now that it's going to a Real PPM, will this change cause Jade Spirit to go to say a 7 second length to compensate for the change.
Edited by Delritha on 11/6/2012 10:46 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Dysheki

Will this 'fix' feral uptime? Because it is most definitely lower than everyone else.

Quoting for increased awareness.
100 Orc Warlock
11/06/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Delritha
I remember Jade Spirit had a 50 second cooldown before. Now that it's going to a Real PPM, will this change cause Jade Spirit to go to say a 7 second length to compensate for the change.

Unlikely. Jade Spirit is supposed to be better than Windsong. The way it is now, Windsong is competitive with Jade Spirit because of its three second longer duration and its higher proc rate. Reducing Jade Spirit to a 7 second duration would make its uptime less than half of Windsong's, making Windsong the clear winner in terms of caster weapon enchants.
100 Undead Monk
Brewmaster Monks using 2-handed weapons get a 40% bonus to attack speed on that weapon as a result of a passive ability called Way of the Monk. For this RPPM system, does the attack speed before or after this affect get used for the calculation?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]