Windsong and Elemental Force Information

(Locked)

90 Goblin Priest
You're correct: the proc chance per cast doesn't change when casting indefinitely. But that means you get an increase in PPM as more events occur, all with equal proc chance as previously, within the same time frame.

For example, a 2.5s spell can be cast 4 times in 10 seconds with 0% Haste.
With 25% Haste, that spell becomes a 2.0s cast allowing you to cast it 5 times in those 10 seconds.

In both examples, each individual cast of the arbitrary spell has the same X% chance to proc it, except in the hasted scenario you have an additional event that triggers it in the same time frame. That's a direct increase to PPM.

Now consider when you aren't casting indefinitely within a time frame: the haste factor in the equation allows the hasted scenario to retain the same PPM without it being wasted just because there was nothing to heal for example. It normalizes it. In fact, without the haste in the equation, Haste rating from gear would actually cancel out the effects of RPPM.

Second, people with Windsong reach PPMs of 4-5 (or more) per stat with nowhere near 50% haste: haste scales the proc rate much faster than any of the described formulas.

Because it's probably bugged.

Thank you for this. For some reason I forgot that , with more haste, you end up having more casts in a given time frame which you need to multiply with the proc %.

The entire RPPM mechanics must be bugged: then, or everything has a much higher RPPM than stated. I'm not complaining!
85 Goblin Shaman
OK so using basic logic to identify possible problems with this new proc system, what I have to add is this. If this new system scales with haste, how is it ever going to scale as well for the classes that do not stack haste such as warriors, enhance shamans, tanks, etc.? I have not tested out the proc rate yet on my toons but I did notice that most of the praise in this forum is coming from casters and haste stacking specs. I do not see how equality can be achieved with this system but will try it out first before I add anything further. Kudos for implementing and experimenting with a new system though.
93 Blood Elf Monk
I observed the behavior of this new proc systems and it seems that for dual weilders, buffs works independantly for each weapons.

What i mean is that if you have a weapon enchant proc, for example Dancing Steel, you can get a second, stacking buff with a second proc. BUT, if the procs come from the same weapon (same enchant), which is unlikely but possible, your buff will be refreshed instead of a second buff with stacking effects.

Would you please confirm wether or not this information is true and if you guys intend it to work as it is. If it is not, how would you explain this strange and unreliable behavior.

Thanks!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I use Windsong on all my toons weapons, mainly because on my server they are posting Jade Spirit in the AH for 17.5K. I have a 468 IL mistweaver monk. Their reasoning is it can take a week or longer to get the mats to make a single one. Well they should try Jewelcrafting to see how long it takes to get the mats to make the panther mounts not to mention the 20K for the orb of mystery for each one.

I'll stick with windsong until the enchanters realize all mats are just as hard to come by, not just enchanting mats. Therefore if I run out of mana on my monk, when the spirit proc from Jade Spirit would have boosted my mana production, and they die because of my refusing to pay 17K for the enchant, Oh well, They should have thought about that prior to over pricing the enchant.

Windsong rocks ! Thanks for the fix !
2 Pandaren Shaman
Hunter's have SCOPES what a JOKE only good scopes are end game content nothing worth while when leveling they suck!
80 Goblin Rogue
Hey. It's 2/7/2013. Some of these posts are from the advent of MoP, and the most recent is a month ago. I just want to know if all this info is still current. Mainly, does putting one of these on each weapon in a dual wield still double the %? If so, I'll try brushing up on my Differential Calculus to figure out if Windsong will occur often enough to make it worth buying at the AH. Ha Ha -- that's a joke.
Edited by Unsub on 2/7/2013 1:17 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Windsong procs on my Recuperate tics and breaks me out of stealth. Quite troublesome in PVE and PVP situations.

#showtooltip Sealth
/cancelaura Recuperate
/cast Stealth

Problem Solved. I realize that dropping Recuperate in PvP isn't always a good idea, but would you rather get ticked out of stealth 5 feet away from where you disappear or be able to Ambush someone?
100 Human Priest
03/26/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Imapallywoot
Windsong procs on my Recuperate tics and breaks me out of stealth. Quite troublesome in PVE and PVP situations.

#showtooltip Sealth
/cancelaura Recuperate
/cast Stealth

Problem Solved. I realize that dropping Recuperate in PvP isn't always a good idea, but would you rather get ticked out of stealth 5 feet away from where you disappear or be able to Ambush someone?

ummm Lol Nerco
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]