macro for dire beast & glaive toss

90 Blood Elf Hunter
in an attempt to minimize the number of buttons on my action bar, i thought about macro-ing two of my shots (like explosive and arcane) with dire beast and glaive toss since i use these two whenever they are up.

as example:

/cast explosive shot
/cast dire beast

and

/cast arcane shot
/cast glaive toss

i have two problems creating a macro for this:

1) i don't know the actual term for these two. is it "/cast dire beast" for instance?
2) since most of the time these won't be off cooldown, how do i silence the error i would get?

i'm posting here first before i post in the ui/macro forum to get the correct terms.

thanks in advance,

taka
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sadly, both Dire Beast and Glaive Toss are on the GCD, so the macros you've posted won't work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
damn. (lol)

i never thought i'd say this ... but ... i have too many "spells".
Edited by Takamurasaki on 10/17/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
damn. (lol)

i never thought i'd say this ... but ... i have too many "spells".

BM requires ~4 things to be kept on CD outside of major cooldowns. That isn't too many spells. I'm only using ~50-60 keybinds, which I would say is average compared to other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
BM requires ~4 things to be kept on CD outside of major cooldowns. That isn't too many spells. I'm only using ~50-60 keybinds, which I would say is average compared to other classes.

when running sv during raids i have the following bound to keys "1" to "="

(serpent sting)
explosive shot
black arrow
cobra shot
arcane shot
kill shot

dire beast
glaive toss
murder of crows
stampede

rapid fire
readiness

and multi-shot OFF the bar to be clicked (EEK)

50-60 are too many keybinds to wrap my little brain around. these few are taxing enough. lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
when running sv during raids i have the following bound to keys "1" to "="

Stopped reading after that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
It's not what you asked for, but this will allow you to put both spells on the same button, you just need to hit that button twice.

#showtooltip
/castsequence Dire Beast, Explosive Shot

To find out what to "name the spell", when you are editing your macro just click the spell in your spell book (it will put the proper name in).

Personally, the above Macro is not a good idea because the Cool Downs are not very compatible with each other. You *could* do this:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=30 Dire Beast, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot

This resets the macro back to the beginning 30 seconds after you first press it. Explosive Shot has a 6 second cool down so you put it in there 5 times. After the 5th shot it the macro restarts and you cast DIre Beast again. Not ideal mind you, but it could be used. You could throw a Serpent Sting in there at the beginning to make sure you have SS up on your target.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I never understood "too many spells."

Key bindings are your best friend.~
Reply Quote
I realize this is an older thread but I'd like to apply my knowledge to help those that are wondering a macro for Glaive Toss & Dire Beast like I was >.< Many people say they share GCD so its ""Impossible"" so i've fiddled around for a while to see what macro could work and honestly, this macro works splendidly for me :)

#showtooltip glaive toss
/castsequence reset=2 glaive toss, dire beast
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I realize this is an older thread but I'd like to apply my knowledge to help those that are wondering a macro for Glaive Toss & Dire Beast like I was >.< Many people say they share GCD so its ""Impossible"" so i've fiddled around for a while to see what macro could work and honestly, this macro works splendidly for me :)

#showtooltip glaive toss
/castsequence reset=2 glaive toss, dire beast

I use a similar macro - going off of memory:

/castsequence reset=15 Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, Glaive Toss

It has issues, mostly when I get out of sync. I am going to try yours out +)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Og
Consider using KEYS: F G R T Q E Z X and some shift click keys

I commonly use shift 1-4 for CDS

also I use Mouse 4 for disengage and mouse 5 for silence / wyvern sting
Edited by Piovick on 3/15/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]