Shadow Priests need spirit.

100 Troll Priest
What's so hard to understand about this?

Had an idiot Holy Pally freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Palace because I won the Intell/Spirit necklace off the final boss. Idiot through out lots of 'l2Priest' and 'you're a f@@#$^' and screamed at any explanation of my saying that Shadow Priests do need spirit. Warrior in the group also supported this.

Why can't people get it through their thick skulls?

edit: Palace is the 5-man, Vaults is the raid, my bad.
Edited by Byniri on 10/14/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Well, in their eyes you took THEIR gear. That gear had their name on it, and you went in and rubbed the name off and laughed at their mother, clearly.

So after ninjaing their gear and griefing them by taking what rightfully belonged to them, you began harassing them by talking back to them instead of trading the gear to them and apologizing. I am surprised that a GM did not suddenly appear and banish you to the depths of the maelstrom.

... thats the skewed perspective some seem to get anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Me like my spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM SPIRIT SO TASTY.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well, in their eyes you took THEIR gear. That gear had their name on it, and you went in and rubbed the name off and laughed at their mother, clearly.

So after ninjaing their gear and griefing them by taking what rightfully belonged to them, you began harassing them by talking back to them instead of trading the gear to them and apologizing. I am surprised that a GM did not suddenly appear and banish you to the depths of the maelstrom.

It's almost creepy how accurate your description of that mindset is.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
Ignore them. What a case of crybabies mad they lost a fair loot roll
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
When that happens tell the raging moron it ain't theirs until they win the roll.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
So you were in a heroic raid, and people didn't know spriest, boomkin, and elemental would roll on spirit gear becasue they can use them? Hmm, I must be more elitist than I thought.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

10/14/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Lexine
It's almost creepy how accurate your description of that mindset is.

Indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Some people behave very poorly when not given what they want.

Others are so angry that they'll swarm the aforementioned person's target like a rabid pitbull just to chew on something.

I suggest you just ignore 'em.
Reply Quote
74 Human Priest
In all reality you dont need spirit. Mages & Locks hit the hit cap without the spirit gear. You can too.

does it mean people are going to do this prolly not. It would take effort to actually hit the cap without spirit and its much easier to have gear with spirit for healing gear.

besides badge neck is BIS for most players

Another reason besides gearing up for healing at the same time is out of combat regeneration rates. I always use Spirit gear whenever possible to get the hit caps I need instead of Hit rating. On a PvP server doing dailies, I don't want to use my mana cooldowns just to reduce downtime because they also happen to be important offensive/defensive cooldowns.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I also forgot to mention this Holy Pally !@#$%ed after I won the cloak off the Saurok boss.
Reply Quote
74 Human Priest
So are you pugging H raids, or are your guildies really just this uninformed?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Show the shortbus people your T14 gear that has spirit on it and ask them why Blizzard put such a worthless stat on your tier gear.

Then ask them for an intelligent reply.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/14/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Byniri
Had an idiot Holy Pally freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults because I won the Intell/Spirit necklace off the final boss.

Had an idiot Holy Pally freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults

freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults

H Mogu'shan Vaults

H Mogu'shan Vaults

Anyone else notice this?

OP, I believe you mean H Mogu'shan Palace.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
10/14/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Emizz
So you were in a heroic raid, and people didn't know spriest, boomkin, and elemental would roll on spirit gear becasue they can use them? Hmm, I must be more elitist than I thought.

10/14/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Dazbekzul
Had an idiot Holy Pally freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults because I won the Intell/Spirit necklace off the final boss.

Had an idiot Holy Pally freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults

freak the eff out in H Mogu'shan Vaults

H Mogu'shan Vaults

H Mogu'shan Vaults

Anyone else notice this?

OP, I believe you mean H Mogu'shan Palace.

10/14/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Loversdeath
So are you pugging H raids, or are your guildies really just this uninformed?

Whoops... my mistake.

I get Vaults/Palace mixed up occasionally.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
In all reality you dont need spirit. Mages & Locks hit the hit cap without the spirit gear. You can too.

does it mean people are going to do this prolly not. It would take effort to actually hit the cap without spirit and its much easier to have gear with spirit for healing gear.

No, in reality I need spirit gear because it has haste on it. Most hit gear has crit and mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

No, in reality I need spirit gear because it has haste on it. Most hit gear has crit and mastery.

Also, as a human shadow priest, I benefit from spirit more than hit due to my racial. Why pass up spirit gear when I'm going to reforge gear to spirit?

Giving healers priority on spirit items would mean passing up most of my BiS pieces. Maybe I'd do that for a guildie, but not for PUG members.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]