Humans racial even more op now

31 Blood Elf Monk
Starting at the begining of Cata, every serious pvper rerolled human because the racial was insanely overpowered. Now it is still strong, not just because of the 900 pvp power difference passive, but a large damage proc of your preferred stat is layered on top of it. If used properley, especially for a dot class, you can get a ton of throughput out of that proc. I get a 2 min leap, a passive 1% haste, and +15 alchemy, so don't whine and say your racial is underpowered humans. I agree addint pvp power to medallion would fix this, as human will remain an attractive class especially for healers (3% spirit is pretty nice).

Also on a side note, those who believe medallion is mastery only are wrong. I don't know if this is a glitch but at the top of the vendor UI where you can set your spec specific filters, if you set to 'All', there is indeed both a crit medallion and a spirit medallion as well.

Pretttty much this.

The human racial would still be very attractive without being completely op. As of right now anyone who pvp's as a non-human is at a noticeable disadvantage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you think 900 PVP power is destroying WOW Pvp you're going to have a bad time. PVP power scales linearly which means that every 265 PVP power = 1%+ dmg against players. 900 pvp power = 3.4% A 200,00 chaos bolt would give an extra 6.8k dmg.

On the other hand resilience scales exponentially. Each point of resil after the base 40% of resilience is going to be worth more damage reduction than the last, This of course has diminishing returns since blizzard knows 90% resilience is too stronk.

Blizzard is going to buff Disc Priests before even thinking about nerfing this 900 PVP power racial.

^that's sarcastic meaning blizzard does nothing.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
I don't think anyone is saying it destroys pvp

But when one racial is so strong that it gives a noticeable advantage over others then it should be evened out.

That being said, its not JUST the 900 pvp power. It's 900 pvp plus a fairly large on hit bonus to your main stat that can go off more than a few times in a single arena.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/14/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Noodlestorm
A random stat proc? It's a permanant 900 pvp power. People like being op so I don't really think I'm gonna persuade you anyway.

your reading comprehension is low considering that I was talking about the the proc that the pvp trinket gives and not its base stats

Starting at the begining of Cata, every serious pvper rerolled human because the racial was insanely overpowered. Now it is still strong, not just because of the 900 pvp power difference passive, but a large damage proc of your preferred stat is layered on top of it. If used properley, especially for a dot class, you can get a ton of throughput out of that proc. I get a 2 min leap, a passive 1% haste, and +15 alchemy, so don't whine and say your racial is underpowered humans. I agree addint pvp power to medallion would fix this, as human will remain an attractive class especially for healers (3% spirit is pretty nice).

Also on a side note, those who believe medallion is mastery only are wrong. I don't know if this is a glitch but at the top of the vendor UI where you can set your spec specific filters, if you set to 'All', there is indeed both a crit medallion and a spirit medallion as well.

I remember a point in time where the human racial was changed to a 3 minute cooldown and immediately humans became the worst race in the game. If you make every race the same with the qq about 900 pvp power then the same thing is going to occur. Humans have no distinct racial ability over other races and people will switch to horde to reap the benifits of their much more op racials while reaping the benifits that only humans used to have.

btw, as the season goes on and people get weapons that have around 2.8k pvp power, the human trinket deal is not going to be as gamebreaking as you think. so really, nothing needs to be done about this, horde already have good racials, theres no reason to give your side anything more
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It's not ONLY 900 power. it's the disbalance between horde vs alliance.
I would gladly roll human for the racial if I didn't have friends on horde side. Either put more power on insigna or give the racial to pandas therefore BOTH sides get it.
People complain about balance all the tie, and this is an insane advantage over non alliance players. 3 people in a 3's team all human vs a non human team. who wins? not skill that's for sure.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
I would gladly roll human for the racial if I didn't have friends on horde side. Either put more power on insigna or give the racial to pandas therefore BOTH sides get it.
People complain about balance all the tie, and this is an insane advantage over non alliance players. 3 people in a 3's team all human vs a non human team. who wins? not skill that's for sure.

Well I wouldn't go that far to say that being human gets you the win.

I will say in very close matches the proc trinket and the 900 pvp power can make a big difference. All the need to do is add some pvp power to the insignia.

Problem solved. Humans still have the advantage of having the on hit and on use trinket for more burst without having a flat damage increase.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

As a previous poster said the difference is barely 3%. horde racial have a way bigger impact and are more numerous that ones on alliance. Alliance only has human's and to a lesser extent night elves. On horde, every race has a viable pvp oriented racial, orcs have stun reduction and bloodfury, taurens have a aoe tune, blood elves have an aoe silence, goblins can jump away to safety, undead have DAMAGE procs with a fear trinket. And then theres alliance with !@#$ like stoneform.....

another thing that made humans in particular op was the access to PVE trinkets like vial, bone-link and cunning and now with the introduction of pvp power this advantage is lost and now humans are relatively balanced racial

So if you seriously think that taking the one thing alliance has that is viable in arenas then you are seriously out of your mind
Edited by Avarence on 10/14/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/14/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Noodlestorm
So you think 900 pvp power is fine? 900 is alot, so please stop being biased and think about how op this REALLY is

It's actually about 3% pvp power increase.

You get on a pvp trinket;
pvp power
resilience
and your choice of
crit
mastery
or spirit

There should be one that gives you a bit more pvp power and/or resilience, instead of the 3 other stats if anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it is kinda annoying to be at a disadvantage for racials

but then I realize my warrior can 100-0 someone in a shockwave stun so its k

Blood elf silence is a disadvantage???

oh plz, horde racials as a whole are better than alliance stop the whine
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just wanna add my two cents:

1) Funny how all except one of the alliance personnel who replied to this post has a human toon as their cover. You might have an alt, shrug, I dunno, but there was only 1 ally gnome who asked to have racials removed from competitive pvp all together.

2) For those who are saying it's just a 3% increase, lets round that to 4%, which from math-in-my-head skills tells me it's about 1200 pvp power (basically a dreadful insignia of dominance), and take that away from whatever pvp character you have right now. If you don't notice the obvious decrease in damage because of lack of pvp power, then you're kinda blind. By the logic of "it's only 3%" I should just cap out my pvp power at 20% and leave the other 5% in the air because "it's only 5%"

3) You don't think stoneform is good? Are you high?

But personally, it doesn't really matter to me, they can have it, one racial doesn't determine skill and it takes some skill at least to pvp.
Edited by Khoïboi on 10/15/2012 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just wanna add my two cents:

1) Funny how all except one of the alliance personnel who replied to this post has a human toon as their cover. You might have an alt, shrug, I dunno, but there was only 1 ally gnome who asked to have racials removed from competitive pvp all together.

2) For those who are saying it's just a 3% increase, lets round that to 4%, which from math-in-my-head skills tells me it's about 1200 pvp power (basically a dreadful insignia of dominance), and take that away from whatever pvp character you have right now. If you don't notice the obvious decrease in damage because of lack of pvp power, then you're kinda blind. By the logic of "it's only 3%" I should just cap out my pvp power at 20% and leave the other 5% in the air because "it's only 5%"

3) You don't think stoneform is good? Are you high?

But personally, it doesn't really matter to me, they can have it, one racial doesn't determine skill and it takes some skill at least to pvp.

I'll raise your 2 cents with my 3 cents.

1. Why remove racials entirely when it adds flavor to an already semi-homogenized game?

Where along the line did people get this all or nothing mentality? There's such thing as aving balance and flavor. Just because blizzard hasn't shown an iota of interest in balancing PvP balance with flavor doesn't mean the best solution is to remove it entirely.

Honestly I'd rather be a night elf but the game won't let me.

2. The OP is correct, the insignia should have the same amount of PvP power as the non-PvP trinkets. Everyone else is just butt hurt because of the wording of the title of the thread. The human racial isn't overpowered in itself. What is unbalanced currently is that the insignia isn't yielding the same benefit of a normal PvP trinket. So the human racial is double dipping as it stands.

3. All racials have situational use. Everyone who thinks their racial can't tip the scales of a game is highly bias.

Yay. PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't nerf the human racial, buff the pvp trinket. Humans will still have a Proc trinket AND on-use trinket, without having 900 more pvp power (this number will only go up as seasons progress and trinkets get higher stats too, meaning it scales very well, whereas my Arcane Torrent is always just an Arcane Torrent.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well that was a funny read, I think the 900 PVP power should be compensated and this shouldn't be to hard to accomplish. All Blizz needs to do is make the difference of the pvp power (which appears to be 900} and put it on the PVP every other class in the game besides humans use. Problem solved.

As for the human racial being op; its not. The difference of PVP power was probably something over looked, which honestly been developing and expansion probably isn't all that hard. Anyways thanks for pointing it out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Iv played this toon first as a human then a cow and then back to a human. I choose human because the other choices are dwarf, midget, Big blue goat, dog, and night elves who look like they need to eat.

The perks of having 2 trinkets is nice dont get me wrong.. But most horde talk about humans as if this is the only reason anyone would ever play a human. Thats just not the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]