Challenge Modes

100 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm...

We are doing relatively OK when you consider 25 man only.

Can't see world comparisons for Challenge modes, but in US are Shado-pan run is currently 35th.

Hopefully we can get a few more up there when we push for a complete refresh of our times to try and get pretty, flappy birds this week.

Our server takes a lot of heat from it's own players for being !@#$ty. Perhaps we just need to do a better job at not sucking?

This isn't meant as a slam on anyone. I've never played with Emp or anyone from Reforged so I am in position to judge their individual skill levels. More just an observation at the fact that our server is so willing to trash itself, but not willing to try and accomplish things.

Perhaps Thunderlord simply fell by the wayside becoming a haven of casual raiding and hardcore smack talk. I am still yet to regret coming to this server though.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior

So you use the dungeon that's the hardest without a healer (excluding Scarlet Halls) as your example. Most people find it difficult because they aren't playing well enough, the DPS have an integral role in keeping the tank alive, but most want to just hammer buttons for crazy damage. Cooldowns are required by the whole group. (Offhealing, AoE stuns, etc.) Anything to mitigate damage while also keeping their damage up. Source: Warlock buddy on Illidan who's full Gold.

Edit: But regardless, I'm unsure the difficulty of running that comp has anything to do with my original statement, it's the fastest comp to run, there's no argument there so this is fruitless.
The reason I suggest Shado-Pan is because I want you to see how challenging they can be instead of using a secondhand viewpoint from your friend who is in the #2 group in the world.

The argument of difficulty comes from you suggesting it like anyone is capable of doing it. It's not that it isn't the best comp. I see it being very difficult for any Thunderlord group to even finish a run much less get a gold time with no true healer. I"m not going to continue to debate something with you that you have no first hand experience with. That comp works with the right players. You'll get no argument from me there. This is Thunderlord though. Talk to me on skype or in game if you still want to discuss this.

I'm more pissed about the fact they nurfed warrior tanking and not blood when they clearly stated both tanks were overpowered.

To prove my point here's a video of a DK doing challenge modes solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yooucaQhg-U
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hmm...
Our server takes a lot of heat from it's own players for being !@#$ty. Perhaps we just need to do a better job at not sucking?

Most good players have left the server or don't play enough to do Challenge Modes. Being a casual is actually really fun though; It doesn't mean you suck.

It's quite apparent that we don't have a single hardcore raiding guild left on this server so, like I said before, we should probably not bother talking about Thunderlord's ranking compared to the rest of the world. PVE is basically a server specific competition at this point.

This isn't meant as a slam on anyone. I've never played with Emp or anyone from Reforged so I am in position to judge their individual skill levels. More just an observation at the fact that our server is so willing to trash itself, but not willing to try and accomplish things.

IDK, I've accomplished a lot since launch.
PVE progress becomes irrelevant in a year or two, always has.
All I have to show for my accomplishments are server-first titles and an old baby blue tier set.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/18/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Emptronic
server-first titles

Back in TBC I didn't get server first titles or mounts for doing baller stuff across four tiers of content.

#firstworld(ofwarcraft)problems

Well, I did get an Amani Bear, but it doesn't even fly. WTF. What good is a bear if it can't fly
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's kinda difficult to accomplish anything Alliance side, period.

Personally, that's what's stopping me from doing anything minus Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies, and the occasional sauntering over to the BMAH. There's a bunch of heroic loot that would still qualify as upgrades, but what's the point?

server-first titles

Back in TBC I didn't get server first titles or mounts for doing baller stuff across four tiers of content.

#firstworld(ofwarcraft)problems

Well, I did get an Amani Bear, but it doesn't even fly. WTF. What good is a bear if it can't fly

Darkmoon Dancing Bear > Amani War Bear
Edited by Ishkandir on 10/18/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Challenge modes really just come down to running the right comps and knowing all the tricks/tips for trash. If you go into it knowing how you will handle each pull with cd's, potions, and LoS you should do really well. I'd like to see some tlord groups at the top of the US leader boards beating out the groups from a lot of the high end PvE guilds!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
5 deathknights would get platinum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Update bump: Now Kaif, Catparty, and myself on Tsospinach have completed our silver meta. Come on guys we want some competition to make it more fun!

We did have to get rid of that baddy priest tsokin in order to do it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think anyone else on this server has the time to reroll the FOTM class just for challenge modes.

Props to you guys for having enough time to raid, PVP and do challenge modes.
Reply Quote
99 Orc Shaman
10/28/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Emp
I don't think anyone else on this server has the time to reroll the FOTM class just for challenge modes.
We did a lot of our runs with a monk tank. Silver isn't hard. You just have to not wipe.

10/28/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Emp
Getting 5 people together and spending an hour getting a silver isn't that time consuming. It only gets time consuming if it takes you 60-90 minutes to finish your first run :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's more: not everyone can spend five hours a day playing this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It almost sounds like your saying we should be ashamed that we enjoy playing the game when we have time to, Emp. What's wrong with spending time on it, it;s not like we don't have RL duties to attend to. Don't berate players that are doing these things for fun just because we make the time to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You sincerely think what I said was in any way berating?

Drama queen detected.

You seem to forget there are a hundred other things to do in this game (leveling alts, dailies, heroics, pet battles, achievement hunting, PVP and a myriad of other activities) and I was merely pointing out that the majority of the server has prioritized challenge modes near the bottom of their to-do list, granted that most of the players left on this server have a limited time to play.

Carry on with the butthurt though.
Edited by Emp on 10/28/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I don't think he's berating at all. You either have a lot of time to play the game and do the cool/hard stuff or you don't.

We would love to give you guys some competition in Challenge Modes. Emp and I talked about this months before the release of MoP but having very restrictive RL priorities has made it to where schedules aren't aligning for the people interested in doing CM's (and it's about to get worse for me, come Veteran's Day weekend I'm going to be chaotically busy for a good 4-5 weeks).

GL in your quest for all Golds though. May the Double DK cheese carry you all to victory.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
GL in your quest for all Golds though. May the Double DK cheese carry you all to victory.

this just comes off as butt hurt and retarded. if you were mildy competent you'd look at their group comp for each silver and see they only had 1 dk in every one. good job looking small though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/28/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Riketycrikit

this just comes off as butt hurt and retarded. if you were mildy competent you'd look at their group comp for each silver and see they only had 1 dk in every one. good job looking small though.

Relax with the mad, no one is bringing up 25 man world rankings here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/28/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Riketycrikit

It was actually a playful tease at the fact that the world first All-Gold CM group used two DK's. At ease, panda.
Edited by Lau on 10/28/2012 4:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
i would think with your incredibly busy lives you'd have something better to do with yourselves then troll the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Anything else? You should really relax. It's Sunday. Most people have weekends off.
Edited by Emp on 10/28/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Orc Shaman

Not gonna lie. This kind of came off as backhanded at first.
Edited by Catparty on 10/28/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]