Gigabyte OC Guru causes launcher crashes

85 Undead Mage
Just a quick heads up to anyone having launcher crashes with a Gigabyte video card. Couldn't get the Diablo 3 or WoW launcher to run at all.Directly running the wow.exe works fine but without the patcher you're stuck. Went so far as to delete everything and start a fresh install and the installer launcher crashed.So I started turning off startup programs one by one to see if another service was interfering.As soon as the Gigabyte OC Guru was removed everything worked perfectly.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
Oh. I would have never guessed. Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I can confirm this on my machine as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Wow Conal - nice grab. Confirmed (OC Guru 2) crashes D3 and WoW launchers (same program and/or core APIs for the most part, different skins). I'm running GB's 670. Just turn off and deselect it from our start up (run -> type "msconfig" -> Startup tab -> uncheck box for "OC_GURU" or equivalent). Enjoy!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
CONFIRMED - I just went thru the same process in finding my launcher issues and took the same steps in removing startup one by one. I found the same exact success upon removing the Gigabyte OC Guru service. I had looked for issues prior to this and did not see this thread until I specifically searched for the OC Guru and World of Warcraft. Nonetheless, I am glad to have found the issue and hope others do as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]