Mailbox on the Wandering Isle

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
10/16/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Melenia
Doing this would allow you to transfer massive quantities of goods between factions without penalty. I'm pretty sure that would break the game in half.

I already do that via the neutral auction house. And it's cheaper since I can put stacks up for 1 copper instead of having to pay 30 copper for every item I mail.

On top of all the other reasons mentiioned above...

Wandering Isle is "instanced" much the same way the Goblin and Draenai areas are -- they're a one-way journey. Once you leave there's no way back... so the mailman can't get there from here.

...both of those places have mailboxes.
Edited by Recht on 12/22/2012 4:02 PM PST
72 Worgen Druid
Quite aside from how awkward it is to be reading my own posts from last month, it's not feasible.

And Cakewalk, do you really want to delete those heirlooms?? Not everyone has the resources to get them the first time (case in point, I have the guild rep to get my first set, but I can't afford any).
1 Pandaren Priest
You have no idea the Alliance/Horde exist, and there's no way for the mailbox to magically receive mail. There are no trade/travel routes to the Wandering Isle, while there are for everywhere else. And, yes, for the gameplay reason that you are neutral.

Monks start in their race's zone, not on the Wandering Isle. Only the Pandaren start there.

So...I can send mail to a new death knight. They aren't affiliated with the Alliance or the Horde. Guess they just assume those heirlooms coming from PwnzNubz is a practical joke from the Lich King.

I can send mail to a new worgen. They aren't yet affiliated with the Alliance. The city has also been on lockdown, behind the wall, and is under siege at the start by feral worgen. But sure, mail from someone they don't know, from a faction they aren't affiliated with, makes total sense.

Etc., etc., etc.
100 Undead Warrior
Quite aside from how awkward it is to be reading my own posts from last month, it's not feasible.

And Cakewalk, do you really want to delete those heirlooms?? Not everyone has the resources to get them the first time (case in point, I have the guild rep to get my first set, but I can't afford any).

The "heirlooms" that are in the mailbox aren't the gear items you purchase through guild or justice points. They are things like collector's edition pets and tabrads that all of my toons get automatically. I will suffer no loss from deleting the panda.
Edited by Cakewalk on 12/22/2012 6:22 PM PST
85 Pandaren Shaman
The should at least have 1 mailbox to recieve Blizzard only items, like pets and mounts that you recieve that doesn't matter what faction you are honestly. Since half the time that is the only thing you have on a level 1 character anyway. At least when you first log in.
90 Dwarf Paladin
There's a simple reason why it's impractical to put a mailbox on the Wandering Isle: It's on the back of a sea-going turtle in constant motion. Every mailbox in Azeroth and Outland is part of a vast network, with each point completely stationary. The boxes might be connected by underground pneumatic tubes, or tiny portals (see Dalaran), or have mage or warlock carriers who can teleport between certain points of the system. But do you know how much harder it would be on the system to plot a delivery route to a moving destination?

It's not like pandas need heirlooms before they reach their first mailbox at level 11 anyway. That's just an hour of gameplay, maybe two if you read the quest text and admire the scenery along the way.
I don't get why people want looms there anyway. It's not gonna make the process any faster, you still have to do all the quests to leave.
81 Gnome Warlock
12/28/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Bryna
I don't get why people want looms there anyway. It's not gonna make the process any faster, you still have to do all the quests to leave.

Because I'm spoiled.

All my other characters, I can send them a full suit of heirlooms to make the beginning faster and more fun for me by killing things in a few hits.

Instead, on pandas, I have to sit there and whack, and whack, or cast, and cast, then wait for my health to regen. Plus, on things like those dang tricksters in the forest or the boss at the very end of the zone, it would be so much easier if I were more powerful/had more stamina, etc. Only having a six-slotter and an eight-slotter until level 12 chafes me, too.

Yes, I suck at playing, but I still enjoy the game. :)
85 Dwarf Priest
10/16/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Melenia
Doing this would allow you to transfer massive quantities of goods between factions without penalty. I'm pretty sure that would break the game in half.

I'm not sure it would. SWTOR started allowing trading between factions, and even made the AH common to both and nothing seemed to break.
90 Pandaren Monk
I wish there was a mailbox there, Now I'm stuck with a level 1 panda that I can't delete because breanni had to send it a safari hat.
87 Human Paladin
Are you genuinely that freaking lazy and impatient that you can't even play through a race's starting-area without screaming OMG NEED MAH HEIRLOOMS MUSTGOFASTERMUSTGOFASTERMUSTGOFASTER like some sort of caffeine addict chasing down his next espresso fix?
86 Undead Rogue
all about the benjamins
10 Troll Warlock
12/28/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Calberth
Are you genuinely that freaking lazy and impatient that you can't even play through a race's starting-area without screaming OMG NEED MAH HEIRLOOMS MUSTGOFASTERMUSTGOFASTERMUSTGOFASTER like some sort of caffeine addict chasing down his next espresso fix?

1- Espresso is awesome. Don't drink it because it's got caffeine, drink it because it has this amazing smell, a rich, silky, almost chocolately texture as you drink it, and because it has a wonderful flavor. Try some of the good stuff and you'll find that there's more to it than a jolt. I'm not saying wear sunglasses indoors, a black turtleneck and a beret and play some !@#$os. Just give the give stuff a try without buying into the coffee culture. And seriously, sip it. Don't just knock it back like whiskey.

2- I just got incredibly bored with their starting zone, and my choices are wait until the WoW mail goes away before deleting or play a zone that it turns out I hate. Yes, I waited for that mail to go away.

Oh hey, the forums will not allow me to type the name of a small set of drums. tee-hee.
Edited by Advicetroll on 12/31/2012 9:25 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/28/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Tansung
I wish there was a mailbox there, Now I'm stuck with a level 1 panda that I can't delete because breanni had to send it a safari hat.

Yea that's the only real valid reason they need to exist there.
100 Draenei Death Knight
We need it for when Blizz sends us stuff like the anniversary thing. I have a monk on the wondering isle that I can't delete do to there being mail in waiting her pick up but I don't intend on leveling her out of the instant just to collect mail. I'll wait the time it takes for the mail to expire. Blizz either needs to stop sending mail to those toons in the instant or give a mail box on the wondering isle so we can delete our toons if we want.
85 Night Elf Priest
break the game in half? not a chance
90 Undead Warlock
01/18/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Thelordshand
break the game in half? not a chance

Seeing this is a 3 week old thread? Not a chance!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]