2nd Half of Mogu'shan Vaults LFR

(Locked)

100 Human Rogue
Let's just pretend I pay the same sub you do, but the way I play the game is different than how you play the game.

And the way I play the game is punished by a superficial attunement predicated upon completing some RNG loot or insane rep grind..........which were ironically exactly what the CotN attunement required for SSC/TK prior to the patch that wiped out their rep requirements in BC.

Let's pretend we both pay the same subscription fee. Now lets stop pretending that your subscription fee should buy you more than mine should. We both pay $15. We both have the same opportunities to get the same items. I do a better job of it. I get rewarded for it. Simple concept is simple.

It's not like 1 or 2 people in the world have reached this item level or that reaching it is very difficult. The way you play the game is slower and thus you reach places slower. If we both buy gears of war 3 and I sit down and play for 12 hours and wind up on the last level and you play for 2 hours do you really think we will be in the same spot? Is it "punishment" that I played more and got farther? Does the fact that the game cost us both $60 have anything to do with the price of tea in china? No, it's just the way video games work.

If you are sarcastically suggesting we bring back attunements your barking up the wrong tree because I am 100% in favor of this.
Community Manager
10/15/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Ngatayou
470 minimum i-lvl?

The second half of Mogu'shan Vaults is the same as the first half. The required item level players must have is 460.

Once Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring open up, they will have a required item level of 470, with both raid dungeons dropping improved gear.
90 Human Paladin
10/15/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
Is it "punishment" that I played more and got farther? Does the fact that the game cost us both $60 have anything to do with the price of tea in china? No, it's just the way video games work.

Bonus points for use of "price of tea in china". <3
100 Undead Mage
10/15/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Crithto
470 minimum i-lvl?

The second half of Mogu'shan Vaults is the same as the first half. The required item level players must have is 460.

Once Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring open up, they will have a required item level of 470, with both raid dungeons dropping improved gear.

IT'S OVER
THREAD IS FINISHED
29 Human Mage
So 5 man dungeons are going to be dropping gear with a higher ilevel at some point?
90 Pandaren Monk
So you're going to release new 5mans in this same raiding tier that are going to completely invalidate the current heroics? I know this usually happens, but I figured it would at least wait until the next tier.
90 Human Death Knight
10/15/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Tanoshiiqt
So you're going to release new 5mans in this same raiding tier that are going to completely invalidate the current heroics? I know this usually happens, but I figured it would at least wait until the next tier.

What in the world are you talking about? If you're referring to Heart of Fear and Terrace of the Endless Spring, those are the other two raids for this tier and will require a higher item level to get into in LFR because they are tuned higher and drop higher ilvl loot than Mogu'shan Vaults. There are no 5-mans coming any time soon.
100 Undead Mage
10/15/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Bobmistina
So 5 man dungeons are going to be dropping gear with a higher ilevel at some point?

Doesn't look like it. It might happen when the next tier of raids comes out, but I'd just as soon bet against it due to the existence of lower tier LFR.
90 Undead Monk
If casuals took so long to level, then why is there all of a sudden this big rush to run lfr as soon as it's added in too?
90 Human Paladin
I'll have a 470 ilvl in no time, I mean with all the gold that drops from sha, galleon and LFR bosses and the gold from the 60 dailies I have to do a day I can afford those 60k gold crafted epics in no time.
100 Undead Mage
10/15/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Briyan
If casuals took so long to level, then why is there all of a sudden this big rush to run lfr as soon as it's added in too?

Because running LFR is easier than leveling.
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/15/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Briyan

Purples

It's also not casuals asking for nerfs, it's bads.
Edited by Entitlement on 10/15/2012 3:08 PM PDT
90 Troll Rogue
Iirc they were going to try avoiding adding more 5 mans this xpac. The new entry level gear will be obtained through LFR and old raids.
90 Human Warrior
Sitting on 470 equipped ilvl right now without having anything from LFR, stepping foot inside a normal raid or buying BOE crafted gear... It's possible.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=6893569969

says the i-lvl is 460 now
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]