Rogue Changes in 5.1

100 Blood Elf Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/news=207261/build-16139-patch-5-1-ptr-new-items-spell-changes-and-icons

Reading through the rogue section they've "changed" 3 talents: Cheat Death, Elusiveness, and Nightstalker. At first glance they are literally exactly the same. However, look at the tooltips, on the new ones all 3 of them have changed from "Talent" to "Passive Talent".

What does this mean exactly? The only thing I can guess is that we're getting new talents in their place, and those 3 are becoming global rogue passives. But that seems like an awfully drastic change, so I feel like I'm missing something huge and obvious here.

Are they just actual tooltip changes in-game, or what?
Edited by Unseen on 10/15/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I think it means the talents are passive effects so they're going to be called Passive Talents now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
passive talent means a talent you dont have to activate aka what those talents already do.

it's probably an internal update of code or something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
passive talent means a talent you dont have to activate aka what those talents already do.

10/15/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Sauce
I think it means the talents are passive effects so they're going to be called Passive Talents now.

So it's literally just a tooltip update.

Exciting stuff ._.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
the mmo-champ post containing these changes states that there were no class changes yet.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
10/15/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nanaya
the mmo-champ post containing these changes states that there were no class changes yet.

Oh, I just saw the post on WoWhead while getting sidetracked.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yea IDK whats up. Hopefully we are gonna get something nice and new. But honestly we got a better chance of fixing global hunger then getting our class fixed back to it original glory.

My guess is they will take something we have passive now and jam into those slots, like dodge, ability to hold weapons and stealth..

EDIT: err like the others pointed out.. Yea SKILL would be something that we would have to use, passive is what they are now..

So yea, better chance of fixing global hunger then getting our class fixed...
Edited by Exodist on 10/15/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I also notice the Engineering change near the bottom about Synapse Springs only requiring a Tinker's Kit to apply.

Which it already did when Mists hit...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I'm still left wondering why shiv now can be dodged etc, as well as blind yada yada.

Meanwhile a dk's runestrike cannot be dodged, parried or blocked. What's up with that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I also notice the Engineering change near the bottom about Synapse Springs only requiring a Tinker's Kit to apply.

Yeah that kind of threw me off. I edited my main post when I saw that to reflect the larger possibility of me simply being completely oblivious, but I still wasn't really sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

10/15/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Sauce

So it's literally just a tooltip update.

Exciting stuff ._.

It would be a terrible change anyway, if you think about it; it would just further cement opener cheese with Shroud of Concealment into a smoke bomb gank as the most viable playstyle involving a rogue. Somebody should try Shroud of Concealment into Smoke Bomb / Dance with double BM triple dps; just immediately forfeit every game where the cheese doesn't win and see how high you can get on the ladder.

I hope Blizzard understands that the most viable rogue comps in arena right now are the wow equivalent of 6 Pool. Write that down in your report, feedback monitor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

not quite. that's the cata version of synapse springs (480), which gets replaced by the mists version when you retrain it. I can confirm that it required the old mats even after the patch.
Edited by Nanaya on 10/15/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/15/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Zskfjrpclmgq
6 Pool.

Hah, I see it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]