Pet Quality Macros

90 Undead Death Knight
I have seen a pet Macro that you can use to determine the quality of the wild pet you are fighting with so you know if you want to capture it or kill it. I am sure ther may even be some addons for it. I am guessing it is legal and not considered an exploit to do so, but if it is, why did Blizzard not just build that feature into the game itself. Why does something as simple as determining the qulaity of a pet you want to capture have to rely on players finding a macro or addon to do it? It seems Blizzard put a lot of time and effort into the pet battle system and to leave out something so obviously needed/wanted/required is just foolish. I guess they expect players to capture every single thing they fight just to determine if it is a rare, uncommon, common or poor pet.

I guess bottom line is are these macros considered an exploit?
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
The player base always figures out better and different ways to manage these things, pet battles are no exception.

Blizzard takes the features of the ones they like and incorporates them into the standard UI.

Nothing new. :-)
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
No, they aren't an exploit.

Blizzard is adding the feature to identify the rarity of a pet during battle in the next big patch. Pet rarity was in their code so apparently they intended to add it. Maybe they just ran out of time.

They are adding several things that maybe got left out initially including more functions to the pet journal, 2 wild pets and a pet tamer for Darkmoon Island, stones to raise pet quality, wild pet levels on the zone maps, etc.

Even without the macro, you can learn to recognize a rare quality wild pet by its higher health, power or speed, especially if you have already captured a poor, common or uncommon one of the same type and level.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
No, they aren't an exploit.

Blizzard is adding the feature to identify the rarity of a pet during battle in the next big patch. Pet rarity was in their code so apparently they intended to add it. Maybe they just ran out of time.

They are adding several things that maybe got left out initially including more functions to the pet journal, 2 wild pets and a pet tamer for Darkmoon Island, stones to raise pet quality, wild pet levels on the zone maps, etc.

Even without the macro, you can learn to recognize a rare quality wild pet by its higher health, power or speed, especially if you have already captured a poor, common or uncommon one of the same type and level.

Would be nice if they added the ability to cage up wild pets as well. Do not understand why they do not allow that. But thanks for the reply. Guess I will use the macro until they "fix" that feature.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/15/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Gorthn
Would be nice if they added the ability to cage up wild pets as well. Do not understand why they do not allow that.

Ever run into a botter farming for a rare drop pet?

Now imagine the botter summarily despawning all the wild pets to find rares to capture and sell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Vex
PetBattleQualityGlow - Shows the quality of your opponents
PetJournalEnhanced - Adds very useful sorting options to the journal, as well as quality
BattlePetCount - Adds tooltip information when you mouseover a battle pet

Install these 3 addons and you'll have more than what Blizz is preparing for 5.1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]