Windwool Bags

90 Human Warrior
Personally, as a tailor, (on my mage) this game needs Windwool bags. At its current state, Windwool cloth is pretty much useless to make gold with compared to other professions. Currently, our guild bank is loaded with Windwool cloth, my bank is loaded with Windwool cloth bolts, the AH is loaded with Windwool cloth, is cheap, and is slowly dropping in price because no-one wants it. Not to mention, that i need my rep to revered with The Golden Lotus, something i don't give a toss about, just to start getting dailies and rep for a faction i actually want to get rep for to make the Royal Satchel which i then need to Exalted, and then i have to wait 12 days to make a bag with an extra 2 slots. Its a joke.

Embersilk cloth on my realm sells for over double the price of Windwool cloth. There are only 2 Embersilk cloth bags on the AH currently on a full server that usually has a 2k que time and no-one is exactly farming Embersilk cloth simply because of the immense amount of dailies you have to do every day.

This game is becoming more of a grind and hassle and less of a game to actually enjoy.
Edited by Riruka on 10/14/2012 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Something has got to give about the recipe for the Royal Satchel. It currently is a BoP recipe which requires exalted with August Celestials, which requires revered with the Golden Lotus. The kicker is that the materials to make the damn bag are BoP, so unless you main a tailor, the only way to get those bags is to buy them for gold.

Either make rep BoA, make the bag recipe BoA, or make cloth BoE. I can appreciate tailors who would like to make gold off the bags, but it punishes people who actually gather the materials themselves. I've been doing the silk daily on my alt but came to the conclusion that the Celestial rep is taking way too much time on my main and will have no intention on doing them on my alt.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
Not to mention that for the royal satchel you need 12 imperial silk. And to make 1 imperial silk you need 3 spirit of harmony. And so to make 1 bag you need 36 spirit of harmony which is 360 motes of harmony and I know I don't even need to get into the piss pour drop rates for that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Aeos:
Not to mention that for the royal satchel you need 12 imperial silk. And to make 1 imperial silk you need 3 spirit of harmony. And so to make 1 bag you need 36 spirit of harmony which is 360 motes of harmony and I know I don't even need to get into the piss pour drop rates for that.

Probably your best bet is to farm them at Halfhill. 36 spirits should take...hmm...24 days to farm.

I want a windwool bag too. As long as it has a number of slots divisible by four, I'd buy it.
Reply Quote
Necrothread.

I disagree anyway. I can't buy enough cloth to keep up with the demand for pvp sets.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
Two things that would make sense is to make rep BoA, considering how long it takes to get it up, the endless hours of grinding dailies and kissing butt to do them; repeating it all for an alt is pure torture.

And second, making the MoH BoA would help your situation. If you take the time to level a couple alts who can farm them in Halfhill, then transfer to the crafter that needs them, your problem would be solved. We are allowed to transfer any other crafting mat between toons, why not MoH? I can see keeping them bound to our account in order to limit supply enough to keep prices up; after all, high level items shouldn't be cheap or easy to make. But the current costs of the royal satchel are insane.

Having a larger bag available would be a great concept. The additional 2 slots of the RS don't justify the cost increase, but we have so many more items we have to carry in MoP than previously, making a real need for larger bags.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Deezchick:Two things that would make sense is to make rep BoA, considering how long it takes to get it up, the endless hours of grinding dailies and kissing butt to do them; repeating it all for an alt is pure torture.

How would that affect people who have different alts with different reputations, like with the Aldor/Scryers and such?

Deezchick:And second, making the MoH BoA would help your situation. If you take the time to level a couple alts who can farm them in Halfhill, then transfer to the crafter that needs them, your problem would be solved. We are allowed to transfer any other crafting mat between toons, why not MoH? I can see keeping them bound to our account in order to limit supply enough to keep prices up; after all, high level items shouldn't be cheap or easy to make. But the current costs of the royal satchel are insane.

I don't know...I think making harmony bind-on-account is too broad a solution. We don't want to change the whole economy because of one item. I think it would be much better to just reduce the amount of imperial silk required for the royal satchel.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
You talk about the time it takes to farm motes and spirits of harmony but that is only if you want to make the imperial silk that is not on a cd. If you just make 1 a day it does not require any type of harmony. This would take you 8 days as opposed to much longer growing the motes on the farm. Or you could do both and have it in 5 days instead of 8.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Timing is everything. I made a killing on PvP gear within two weeks of release. I used my motes to buy patterns and those motes came through normal pugging and questing, not farming, per se. I do my imperial silk cool down dutifully every day and have sold spelltwisters' gear for good gold, too.

Part of the specialness of some of the patterns and items is that there is a gateway to get to it, such as reputation with a faction or performing a miracle at the black market auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree tailoring is kinda bad this time around. PvP gear makes a small profit. Some of the 476 gear and 496 can clear profit, but it's risky. Most peeps would rather use their VP for 496 gear than their coin for 496 items. Spellthreads barely seem worth it. However, if prices are around 1.5 per cloth, then you might be able to squeeze out some coin from DEing the cheap PVP items.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Definitely agreed. Tailoring is very lackluster right now. Stupid me, I just got my 12 silk today and went to go get the pattern when I realized it had rep attached to it. Ugh. My fault. So then I went looking at the other patterns which required the silk only to find the same thing. Definitely regretting leveling my alts tailoring so far this xpac.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]