CRZ Feedback part 5

90 Human Warrior
Seeing as the mega-threads and minor threads have all capped this shall be version 5.

Davids CRZ Feedback thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325
Rhygarius Blue post thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893?page=1
Drtickles thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6864316776?page=1
Alicia's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893649484?page=1

Keep the discussion rollin folks.
90 Human Warrior
10/15/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Banè
Wow seriously? Someone actually reported the op over his post? /facepalm

Wouldn't really suprise me, folks really have it out for those who have issues with CRZ. That or it could be sticky request who knows. IMO they really need to change sticky to something other than the bio-hazard symbol. Makes folks paranoid.
90 Draenei Monk
There is nothing against the forum code of conduct in making another thread about a hot topic provided the threads before it capped in posts.

People really need to lighten up and get over themselves.
90 Goblin Hunter

Wouldn't really suprise me, folks really have it out for those who have issues with CRZ. That or it could be sticky request who knows. IMO they really need to change sticky to something other than the bio-hazard symbol. Makes folks paranoid.

A large number of posts in those threads are reported, both for and against.
Edited by Sayne on 10/15/2012 4:06 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/15/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Sayne

A large number of posts in those threads are reported, both for and against.

Ugh don't remind me, I think it was Drtickles thread the first 8 pages are almost entirely reports /sigh.
85 Draenei Hunter
Even with CRZ ingame, I fail to see just how Blizzard is going to put people in all these areas with so many people leaving ? They really have no clue just how bad they have made this game now.

AFTER the hubb hubb of new players in MoP subsides and people start leaving MoP,,Then maybe,,just maybe Blizzard MIGHT just wake up. But I really doubt it.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Gonna post this here, since just now decided to post where the Blue sticky is, but is capped. :

Well, here's my two cents from the CRZ I've experianced so far.

Keep in mind, I must be 'casual', because I can only play after I get home from work, for 3 or so hours, then log/eat/gotobed/rinse/repeat Monday thru Friday - Weekends are when I get to play the most, obviously.

I figured I didn't need 4 JCers anymore, with how JC is done this expansion, so I figured I would level up Herbalism on my mage. It was OK at first, the levels of content up to level 50ish zones farming. Right around when I hit Blasted Lands, all heck broke loose, there were people everywhere, dropping down for same node as me every once in a while, no biggie. Anywho, the point of this part, is, that it ended up taking the good part of 4 evenings to level up my gathering profession (mostly after hitting near-level-60 content), instead of typically one or two evenings.

The biggest pet peeve I have is the lag. I've never lagged in the game, ever, like I do now. By mousing over the clock, I can tell I'm not on my server, which is ~95% of the time (when I'm not in Stormwind/Dalaran, heh). Usually I'm on a West Coast server...umm, I'm On The East Coast for cripes sakes, no wonder the lag!

My favorite spot to hang out and AH is Dalaran. I kid you not, there are now 20+ people at the auctioneers, and so many people in general in Dalaran now, that it seems...sometimes...unplayable it lags so much!

TLDR: I want to be on my own realm so I don't lag so much (if at all) ; being sent to a central station of servers that are far away from me. = LAG
Edited by Krysdavar on 10/15/2012 4:18 PM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
10/15/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Jinkai
either that or it was Dezu

Sorry to inform but it wasn't me, this is so silly lol...
90 Orc Death Knight
10/15/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Banè

I dunno, isn't making the same post 5 times or more spam? I'm sure the couple dozen people making the same points over and over while the other couple dozen people yell at them for making those points have really evolved the dialogue and added a lot since the same points were made originally.
90 Draenei Monk
I'd fully accept what they're trying to do with CRZ if they'd stop trying to push it as something good for US when it's really something good for THEM.

And fix the issues we're having with it.

Dynamic spawn rates, for the record, do not affect harvesting nodes. Only mob spawns. And it has a cap on it. It's dependent on how many players are in the area actively killing them. To alleviate the gank by respawned mobs, they don't register other players in the area for 5 seconds after spawning in order to allow players time to get the heck out of the way.

Node spawns, the only thing that was changed to how they spawn outside slowing down out of control spawn rates in certain zones(uldum, deepholm) was to make it so that nodes that were not completely emptied eventually despawn. This was done due to the practice of leaving motes or rocks in the harvesting node, but taking the ore and/or gems. They do NOT replenish faster when mined faster.

That noted, I don't think spawn rates take into effect cross realm players. They only count the players on the home realm.. which means respawns take forever when only one person killing them is on the home host realm, but the other six are on other servers.

The time zone change is intended. This is not a bug. This is, however, annoying, and doesn't "feel right" to most of us... except Blizzard. They've stated that if it feels weird they'll change it, but apparently having their in game clock changed rapidly between 3 different hours, 4 time zones, is "normal". Makes me wonder if they actually play outside Pandaria. I know I try to avoid it if I can.

The dismount bug. Please for the love of Hate fix this crap. It's annoying. I know exactly why it's happening and you know what? I don't care why. It needs fixed. This plus the jarring framerate hitching and particle effect that occurs when you cross the zone(it shoots glowy crap out of your feet like if you'd hearthed.. its sometimes visible when you use a boat/zeppelin or go through an instance portal as well) really ruin immersion. The world is no longer seamless. This reminds me GREATLY of the issue Vanguard had when "chunking", or crossing into another section of the game world(these were called chunks). Over there, when I still played (was there for about five months post launch), it could dismount you and despawn your pets... sound familiar? I'm unsure if they ever fixed it.

This pretty much summed up my problem with it. The rest of my issues are community behavior issues, and the ONLY way you're going to solve that is to get heavy handed with the ban hammer. And as I've mentioned before, I'll do that free. Don't even need to pay me, just flag my butt as a GM and give me that ban hammer. Good times will be had, and we'll clear up some of the troublemakers.

Can't possibly be losing more players than the ones leaving over this, can we? No? Then GIVE IT TO ME.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Tired of unnecessary lag when going to Dalaran. This isn't WotLK expansion, it's Mists of Pandaria!
90 Tauren Shaman
10/15/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Rashend

I dunno, isn't making the same post 5 times or more spam? I'm sure the couple dozen people making the same points over and over while the other couple dozen people yell at them for making those points have really evolved the dialogue and added a lot since the same points were made originally.

Regardless of what side you're on, bringing up your concerns isn't a problem. If you fill up a thread to it's max and don't create another, the issue that's being discussed will thus be forgotten or ignored. If people believe in this concern enough, they should be creating a new thread when the last one gets maxed out. Those that believe CRZ is good should also be pointing out counter arguments. This shows that this topic is important to everyone and needs Blizzard's attention and even if they don't reply they will still see it's being discussed.

That being said, I am completely against CRZ. I'm not going to go through and restate my concerns over it, as there are too many. However, after 13,000 posts, both positive and negative towards CRZ, you think Blizzard would post in reply. That's what's getting me at this point the most. It's poor customer service to ignore a topic concerning your product after 13,000 posts about it. It's completely unacceptable. And no, Twitter comments about it does not count in my opinion.
90 Draenei Monk
10/15/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Rashend

No.

They dislike multiple threads, but it's more "a dozen small thread" over "1 consolidated thread".

This is a hot topic. It's not going away. The last several have post capped. They'll take a single follow up thread that'll cap over the 6 or 7 little ones that will show up. Blizzard's stated this time and time again over the years. It's not spam.
Just had some friends rejoin to play and they are about to quit because of CRZ. They have had to resort to instancing because zones are filled with 90s doing archeology and ganking. Impossible to quest in any zone. You would think that 90s wouldn't be CRZ with people of appropriate level, but thats too logical for blizzard to think of on their own.

Move over voice chat, CRZ is by far the worst feature blizz has ever implemented.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Also, being on a PVE server, I haven't had the pleasure of ending up on a PVP server. However, I have seen a few folks from PVP servers on whatever server I happen to be on. (vice-versa effect, I'm not flagged, but they are, cause they zoned into my zone from being on their pvp servers and all....and I also know it's a pvp server they are from, being here for a long time and all)
Edited by Krysdavar on 10/15/2012 4:31 PM PDT
90 Draenei Monk
10/15/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Krysdavar
Usually I'm on a West Coast server...umm, I'm On The East Coast for cripes sakes, no wonder the lag!

The only time zones that are solely on one location are the Atlantic zones(Brazil) and Australian Eastern Time. The Aussies are in Los Angeles and the Brazilians I think are in Chicago?

US PST, MST, CST and EST are all found in all datacenters. You don't change datacenter.. yet. It shouldn't affect your latency at all unless your internet routing changes when you change realms. This *can* happen. But the realms are all on the same destination location. In my case, Los Angeles.
89 Dwarf Hunter
10/15/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Reshaari
Usually I'm on a West Coast server...umm, I'm On The East Coast for cripes sakes, no wonder the lag!

The only time zones that are solely on one location are the Atlantic zones(Brazil) and Australian Eastern Time. The Aussies are in Los Angeles and the Brazilians I think are in Chicago?

US PST, MST, CST and EST are all found in all datacenters. You don't change datacenter.. yet. It shouldn't affect your latency at all unless your internet routing changes when you change realms. This *can* happen. But the realms are all on the same destination location. In my case, Los Angeles.

I'm not having latency issues with cross-realm zones as my reported latency stays very low and my framerate clips along at 48 fps and yet there is definitely something going on. It acts like I'm lagging whenever I enter and play in a cross-realm zone. Crossing from a normal zone into a cross-realm one causes a huge delay and the zone itself acts like I'm lagging even though my latency remains the same (I've seen other people describe it as "rubber-banding" which seems like an accurate description for how it feels). Mobs and nodes phase in and out. Some mobs can't be looted. Even worse is sometimes the cross-realm is fine for gameplay and other times it is not. Couple that with the day to night time changes between zones and I have to say I really dislike cross-realm zones. Playing in Pandaria without CRZ is like a godsend after trying to level alts.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]