Bear Druid Flag Carrying?

86 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
Sucky? Viable? Somewhere in between? I was initially intrigued about the possibility of bears making a triumphant return to flag carrying duties before MoP was released, but I haven't seen too many watching rbg's online. So far I have seen most Warriors carrying the flag. Any bears out there flag carriers?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warrior/Blood DK are just too good to use anything else....warrior AOE CC is just nonsense, it was pretty good before and now its really too much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
yup i jack it in cat dash out go well elk or what ever the it is you call tavel form now then ill go bear while the team nukes the efc
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
Thats what everyone says Warriors. There is a druid flag carrier that claims he was the leader of the number #1 ranked RBG team in the world Bailamost. He says that Druids are the most viable because of their amazing speed and the ability to shapeshift out of roots/snares and escape cooldowns. According to him everyone is afraid to go against last seasons standard of Warriors and don't theorcraft or think outside their comfort zone. He plays a guardian/feral.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Bailamostar/simple
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Top ranked players are hard to count... everyone aspires to be them, but without the rest of the team he's packing with him you could duplicate his every move and still fall on your face.

Guardian fully gemmed for PvP Tanking could easily work if you have the proper support. There is no denying the movement advantages we provide.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
Thank you for your response Hanharr. Actually Bailamost played a rogue last season and is new to the Druid class. So I would hardly considers him a top ranked druid, he acknowledges that he still has a lot to learn about the class. He just vouches for the viabiltiy a Bear FC's. While I have you here I have a few short questions for you. I am new to druid btw..

1.) Are Feral droods totally reliant on their cooldowns to get killing blows? I like the extra energy of Soul of the Forest and was thinking of not taking Incarnation.

2.) Are Feral droods viable in RBG's as a dps class?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Top players are top players. Do you think Reckful took very long to acclimate to Warrior this season?

1.) Are Feral droods totally reliant on their cooldowns to get killing blows? I like the extra energy of Soul of the Forest and was thinking of not taking Incarnation.
2.) Are Feral droods viable in RBG's as a dps class?

In my experience it’s all about what you’re doing and who you are doing it with. I was running 2’s with a BM Hunter (lol I know) and found that I never had enough time to pop Incarnation when the kill window opened. Swapping over to SoTF allowed for more combo point generation and subsequently more healing/control via PS Procs.

If I were to be running with a healer I would likely swap back to Incarnation for the obvious insane Ravage spamming damage output.

I’ve also noticed a marked improvement in my overall damage output across a BG with SoTF over Incarnation. Not a big deal, but always fun to see large numbers next to your name when they aren’t on a scale…

With our 4 set bonus allowing for a free Ravage every 30 seconds it’s very easy to bank one for when you’re trying to land that kill. If you pool properly and have at least Tiger’s Fury available you can definitely score a kill outside of Berserk/Trinket/Incarnation. If you have Berserk and Trinket up as well as Tiger’s Fury… all the better.

Damn near every time I BG I feel the need to exert my dominance on a player for various reasons. I like to punish Rogues, DKs and anyone with “qt” in their name in particular. I’ll save my big DPS cds for them and them alone which allows for plenty of practice scoring kills on players outside of our standard burst.

As always, individual mileage may vary.

With how stronk melee cleave is right now there is no reason why a solid RBG team consisting of at least one Feral couldn’t be viable. Sadly, much like your comment on players being narrow minded, folks are already building towards last season’s flavor of caster cleave.

I’ve posted it in a few places but I think the following comp would be super fun to run….
Group 1: Blood DK, Rogue, Holy Pally, Disc Priest, Resto Druid
Group 2: Frost Mage, BM Hunter, Arms Warrior, Feral Druid, 2nd Rogue

You could swap the 2nd Rogue for another BM Hunter, Frost Mage or Arms Warrior if you like. But I like the idea of all that smoke and healer control the Rogues bring while the main damage is being pumped out by the Mage, War, Hunter and Feral.

With the recent “correction” of Stampede damage you could easily swap out the Hunter for a Frost DK or possibly a Ret Pally.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/16/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Wabbít
Thank you for your response Hanharr. Actually Bailamost played a rogue last season and is new to the Druid class. So I would hardly considers him a top ranked druid, he acknowledges that he still has a lot to learn about the class. He just vouches for the viabiltiy a Bear FC's. While I have you here I have a few short questions for you. I am new to druid btw..

The length that this player has played a class might not matter. I know that us humans need time to master skills and classes, but some people are above and beyond and seemingly unhuman at times.

Guardian FCing would be fine if you are fighting a melee cleave. But if you came across a caster team it would really suck : / Guardians need to be able to hit things to generate rage, and use that rage to live. I have seen some teams use thier Resto/Feral druid to get the flag across the map.

Infact, I use to be part of a strat where we let them intercept our tank in mid while I got the flag, only to give it to him later.

10/16/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Wabbít
I am new to druid btw..

Welcome to Druid!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
he mad
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Best mobility, but worst mitigation in bg's. SD is almost useless, and we don’t get rage from taking dmg to use FR. Warrior Barrier shield, dk meat shield and pallies getting holy power from dmg to heal them, provide better mitigation imo.
Reply Quote
Hello. World's R1 RBG Leader Bailamos here. Please see Exhibit A: http://imgur.com/SbmZ5

Here is a screenshot and example of the endurance, the stamina, the speed, the strength of Druid FC in RBGs. We are the greatest. We didn't ask to be the greatest. We were just born this way. What defensive cooldown or offensive cooldown is necessary when you have pure, unadulterated, usain bolt speed. Just... copy me. Copy everything I do, everything I say, everyway I spec, glyph, just everything. Watch my stream: http://twitch.tv/bailamost and maybe you one too can be kinda, sorta, maybe, hopefully as good as me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bears are in a good spot atm to be flag carriers, but perhaps not the best. Immune to snares, an incredible back-to-back speed combo and talent specials (ursols / entangle) means we can cross the bg in 10-15seconds.
Reply Quote
2 Worgen Priest
lol funny because now that i linked his video he took it down because he knows how badly he got raped lol ninja capped twice in the same game when you EASILY could of spun the flag if you didnt blow.

bad carried gaurdian druid is bad. keep paying people to ddos for u
Reply Quote
2 Worgen Priest
you should change your name from bailamostar to bailamostbaddie pays people to ddos
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/17/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bailamostar
Watch my stream: http://twitch.tv/bailamost and maybe you one too can be kinda, sorta, maybe, hopefully as good as me.

/yawn
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
10/18/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Bustycrustys
you should change your name from bailamostar to bailamostbaddie pays people to ddos

Wait what? How would he even get the IP addresses? Do you think he just types in the character name or something?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To address the OP, and, not be stuck in the quagmire of troll level 1's: For RBGs I stay Guardian for Twin Peaks, Warsong Gulch, Kotmogu and go feral for every node map and mines because I am the node guard and not really as viable of a DPS class as any caster (except boomkin) or as good of a melee as DK or Warrior. Ferals are actually the best node guards as well as flag carriers because they can symbiosis bubble from Paladins which are a prerequisite to any RBG team anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]