August Celestials rep

90 Gnome Priest
Just a friendly tip now that a lot of people have escaped the Golden Lotus grind and moved onto to Shado-Pan and August Celestials.

August Celestials has 4 total daily quest hubs - Temple of the Jade Serpent, Temple of the White Tiger, Niuzao Temple and Cradle of Chi-Ji. If you visit their representative at your faction's Shrine in the Vale, he will tell you which of the first three is an active hub for that day. What usually doesn't get mentioned is that the Cradle of Chi-Ji hub is active every day. If you aren't doing 2 hubs for August Celestials per day, you're losing out on rep.

Just get prepared for a lot of mail spam from the Chi-Ji NPCs. There's a little story going on and while the mail you get doesn't seem to make a lot of sense at first, it's part of the story.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Thank you. I have indeed broken thru to AC, but didn't realize there was more than one hub. You'd think they throw some breadcrumbs at you to send you to the 2nd hub.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I missed out on 2 days of August Celestials rep because I didn't know about the second area. omg..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Good thing my guildie was complaining about how little rep he was getting. That's what prompted me to post this after I whacked him upside the head (figuratively) and told him to go do the other hub and he said "what other hub?"

Beta grind paid off. If only grinding through all these dailies since June didn't leave me nauseous at the thought of doing them yet one more day.

Shado-Pan doesn't have anything hidden that I ever came across but then I hadn't come across the hidden Klaxxi daily at Terrace of Gurthan in beta, either. It might have been added after I stopped doing their dailies. I only found out about it while looking something else up online last week.

If you don't know about the hidden daily, here goes:

On one of the small "paved" areas at the Terrace of Gurthan, you can see red and green rune circles on the ground near a large statue. On the days that it's the active Klaxxi daily zone, a stone tablet will appear leaning against a nearby stone block. If you read the tablet, it gives you a hint about what the circles are for.

You need two players - you don't have to be grouped.

One gets in the green circle and does /lay (must be /lay, /lie won't work).
The other gets in the red circle and does /kneel.

Energy will channel into the statue from both circles and a spirit will appear. Kill the spirit (again, just have to participate in the kill and don't have to be part of the group) and loot the quest item that drops. Turn it in at Klaxxi'Ves for additional rep (think it's 150 instead of the usual 130).

I've read that you can only do this on the days that the Terrace is the active daily zone but haven't tested it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were other small hidden dailies like this scattered around the faction daily zones. Keep your eyes out for things that seem out of place. I'm willing to bet that Shan-Ze Dao (one of the Shado-Pan areas) has a couple because there is so much weird stuff on that island.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/14/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Joynal
I've read that you can only do this on the days that the Terrace is the active daily zone but haven't tested it.

This seems to be the case, though it could also be that I didn't really know where to look to begin with.

Don't forget to kill the named kunchong (Karanosh), and the named gyre worm thingy (Kypa'rak) when the dailies are in their respective areas. They each drop a quest item that starts another daily.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Just did the dailies in white tiger and after i finished with those i headed down to the Cradle of Chi-Ji hub and didnt find any dailies there.

Am i not supposed to complete the normail dailies to unlock the second hub or was this recently changed?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Hmmm I finally logged on and only got the dailies at Niuzao Temple today as well. Not sure what's up with that or if Blizzard has hot fixed something without a post.

Which sucks because now it's going to take that much longer to hit Revered with August Celestials as well. >.<

Welcome to the even longer grind!
Edited by Joynal on 10/15/2012 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah odd. I was able to get a few (maybe 3-4) quests at the cradle the other day after seeing this thread, but since then it has been empty. I flew around a bit in the area and haven't found any other hubs. My suspicion (this is with 0 beta experience mind you) is that this hub is meant to open up after the player reaches a higher reputation level with AC. They seem to like to have new hubs open at rep plateaus. I may be wrong and this might just be a random daily hub, but this would explain the oddity of having a daily hub with no breadcrumbs leading to it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
On beta, it was the one hub open every day. The other 3 had a random rotation though with Jade Forest out of commission for several weeks, sometimes the Cradle was all there was to do.

Been trying to cruise the other forums to see anything was mentioned but no luck so far.

Edit: because nothing was said in the forums. Evidently Ghostcrawler did a Tweet yesterday about. Not intended to have 2 hubs a day so they hotfixed >.<
Edited by Joynal on 10/16/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Another weird side note: Angler's Dailies seem to be popping up an hour before the daily reset. If you're a night owl, you can do the dailes as normal, and get a bones set in an hour before reset. They then reset again at the normal reset time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Hotfix (2012-10-16): "Fixed an issue that caused the August Celestials quest hub at the Cradle of Chi-Ji to always be available."

Thanks Blizz.. you rock. UGH
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Hey guys, was just checking the thread here, and read few of the posts, so far i havent seen anyone mention the daily quest from the Tillers farm!!!...
yes there is one quest that u will have when ur Exalted with the tillers and when Yoon farmer will give you his farm to be ur own, when he does, he will leave the farm and in his place an order board will appear, giving you 3 quests daily, 1- shao pan 2- Golden lotus 3- August celestials.

the august celestials will require you to plant 8 stripen melons, once you do the quest will be completed but no REP reward yet, on your delivery cart, a Blue ! will appear or if not, when the mellons are ripen, harvest the first one, and a new quest message will pop up at the quest bar, asking you to harvest 8 melons and collect 40 to deliver to the august celestials, once you finish it u will be rewarded about 350 rep.

PS: im not sure if you can do it more than once in a day, but i think its possible.

I hope that i have helped you with this info =)

Happy farming.

if you need help on how to reach exalted with the tillers faster, add me as friend ;).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Nice necro! This was written before 5.1 even came out but thanks for adding the updated information.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cross Realm necro even. Gosh I love folks who never look at the forum brackets before posting <.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are brackets?? OMG
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, I suppose its prolly more properly called sections and subsections.

right now its:

WoW> Forums>Realms>BWR> August Celestials rep

W/E Im doing a search on the official forums, I always look... seems alot of folks arent as discerning.....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I started the Golden Lotus dailys this week... all i can say is God help me please, I'm friendly and ... oh gosh end it now blizz take it away, Take it away! T.T
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just don't do it, you'll hate yourself for it.

Farm the Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers for rep tokens instead. Plant veggies on your Sunsong Ranch. Do the daily dungeon/scenario championing. Just don't stress yourself out over doing something you don't enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
My favorite part of farming for rep is watching the students and lackeys from each faction come collect the box of veggies.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My favorite part of farming for rep is watching the students and lackeys from each faction come collect the box of veggies.

IKR?

It reminds me of working on my Masters degree. going down to the storage in behind the morgue on campus. security looking at me, little blonde in oversized labcoat. "No, seriously, Im supposed to be here, with this box of bones. Honest, I am not stealing." Every Other week, Gosh Darnit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]