Can't turn in Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

92 Undead Death Knight
i have six stacks and each stack is 180 a stack so it would be nice to use them instead of only using 90 a week
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Mage
It has been almost two weeks since I turned in my first stack.
I have 147 [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] and I STILL CANT turn more in...

WTF gives here?

You know the WoW week starts on Tuesday?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/14/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Solaru
Another prime example of Blizzards wonderful foresight.

I know you are being sarcastic but you are actually dead on. There will come a time when you finish your rep grinds and not do as many dailies. You will then have to dip into your reserve of charms.

Think of it as stockpiling food for the winter :)

this is exactly why stockpiling them now is a good thing. people dont think long term.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Mage
You understand the concept of "TWO" weeks do you not?

that means BEFORE last Tuesday........

mmmkay

Then you should report it in the bug report forum mmmkay?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/14/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Malmström
^ Another prime example of Blizzards wonderful foresight.
Um. Yes, it is.

Would you prefer you could get however many elder charms you wanted and have one for every boss of every raid at all times?

Wait, silly question. We'd all PREFER that, but it doesn't make sense to do it.

Think next time for like 3 seconds before you sound like a moron in your post.

No I'd prefer Blizzard do their homework and create a system that works and flows nicely. I agree that they shouldn't allow you to get tons and tons of the Elder charms, but if they're not going to let us trade in Lesser charms then don't give them away like candy. I managed to get over 270 this week, that's without really trying. So that means that Blizz gives these things out a a rate over 3 times the rate you can spend them. That's just stupid.

Either let me turn them in as I get them or put some sort of limit on them so I don't have 3-4 times the amount I can actually use.

Just as an example, at my current rate after 2 months of doing dailies I'd have around 1400 of these just sitting in my inventory, and that's with turning in as many as I can each week. Now please tell me that's not just moronic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/22/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Aayla

I know you are being sarcastic but you are actually dead on. There will come a time when you finish your rep grinds and not do as many dailies. You will then have to dip into your reserve of charms.

Think of it as stockpiling food for the winter :)

this is exactly why stockpiling them now is a good thing. people dont think long term.

Nope just another huge oversight by Blizzard lol. You could originally turn in as many as you wanted. Blizz hot fixed only being able to turn in once a week which goes to show that they actually had no idea what they were doing and still don't. They just fixed it real quick because they realized how bad they messed up, but now we have to sit in limbo while they figure out what to do about it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/22/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Magedaw
Um. Yes, it is.

Would you prefer you could get however many elder charms you wanted and have one for every boss of every raid at all times?

Wait, silly question. We'd all PREFER that, but it doesn't make sense to do it.

Think next time for like 3 seconds before you sound like a moron in your post.

No I'd prefer Blizzard do their homework and create a system that works and flows nicely. I agree that they shouldn't allow you to get tons and tons of the Elder charms, but if they're not going to let us trade in Lesser charms then don't give them away like candy. I managed to get over 270 this week, that's without really trying. So that means that Blizz gives these things out a a rate over 3 times the rate you can spend them. That's just stupid.

Either let me turn them in as I get them or put some sort of limit on them so I don't have 3-4 times the amount I can actually use.

Just as an example, at my current rate after 2 months of doing dailies I'd have around 1400 of these just sitting in my inventory, and that's with turning in as many as I can each week. Now please tell me that's not just moronic.

So because you have time to do 20+ dailies every day the system should be designed around you? You having that many will just mean that you can take a week or five off from doing dailies if you want to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
[quote="69331611678"]
So because you have time to do 20+ dailies every day the system should be designed around you? You having that many will just mean that you can take a week or five off from doing dailies if you want to.

I only spend about an hour doing dailies each day lol. That being said, first off, no I never said they should design the system around me, I actually consider my amount of dailies to be rather low (I usually only do Golden Lotus and maybe Klaxxi if I'm bored) so right there I'm missing out of a ton of charms so the number I put in my above post multiply them by 3 or 4 or more depending on how many factions you do each day.

Second, the point still stands either way. This is a huge oversight by Blizzard, you can't tell me you actually think Blizzard intended for people to be carrying these around by the thousands.

Plain and simple the system needs to be reworked. Even Blizz knows this as they hot fixed it a few weeks in after realizing how big of a mistake it was to let people turn them in at will. Hot fixing in the ability to only turn them in once a week means we still have a system of getting them that's based on when you could turn them in infitely. Which means that the current system is flawed.

Let me recap because you seem a little slow. Blizzard gives these out under the impression that they can be turned in as many times as you want. They hot fix so you can only turn in once a week. They continue to give you the charms at the same rate as when you could turn them in as many times as you want. Therefore the system is broken as we're currently using two halves of opposing systems.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/22/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Magedaw
I only spend about an hour doing dailies each day lol.

If you got 270 tokens in a week then you did 135 dailies that week. That averages to just under 20 dailies a day. So if you're saying that you're not doing an average of 20 dailies a day then you're lying about how many charms you get a week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/22/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Dasffion
I only spend about an hour doing dailies each day lol.

If you got 270 tokens in a week then you did 135 dailies that week. That averages to just under 20 dailies a day. So if you're saying that you're not doing an average of 20 dailies a day then you're lying about how many charms you get a week.

Way to completely ignore the point of my post. I can tell you're one of those lazy players who is fighting to keep the current system because you know it's easy and broken and that you won't be able to keep up if the system is made to work correctly.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/22/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Magedaw

Way to completely ignore the point of my post. I can tell you're one of those lazy players who is fighting to keep the current system because you know it's easy and broken and that you won't be able to keep up if the system is made to work correctly.

lolwhat? Ok you keep believing that. The reality is that I have more Lesser charms of fortune than I can turn in as well and I only do one or two hubs a day. I just don't care. I know that when I'm Exalted on all my Reps I won't HAVE to do 45 dailies a week to keep up my flow of ELder Charms. I can do as many as I feel like, at least until my excess charms wear out.

There's nothing broken about the current system but even if they do "fix" it I'm not going to be worried about "keeping up". I'll get as many as I get, no more no less, and I'll be fine with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]