The Bigger They Come...

90 Undead Mage
This is, perhaps, the most poorly designed quest I have ever had the displeasure of dying on multiple times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Agreed. It isn't incredibly hard or anything but the whole shado'pan set of quests on that island are just terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am not enjoying the shado pan at all. I can't wait till my guildy gets to them so I have some help.
Reply Quote
Agreed! Just make them sharable kills, or failing that I suppose crank up their respawn rate.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have to agree, this quest is terrible. This entire area is way overdone. There are too many mobs that are too close together and when you pull 1 group, you typically at least 1 more. Then you add in an elite with 2 companions, only 1 of which you can CC. And since this group pats through the normal mob clusters, it makes this a quest that has to be done with a group (which is not always possible with most of us). It's a shame that the people who make this game don't read these forums or heaven forbid play the game to see how badly they screwed up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
all players battling elite Mantid will now be awarded credit for the kill.

Today's hotfix notes.

^_^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually the hotfix doesn't seem to have worked. Yes, you share the kill credit for the elite, however, the roads have exactly the same amount of mobs. Add in the fear (why the #@$#$@ does Blizzard give quest mobs fears? that makes zero sense) and it's still pretty much impossible to kill these damn things without a good group.

I give them a B- for effort and a D for execution.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Poor & flawed design is a constant now, 8+ years and still they doesnt know how to do it? Amazing.
Edited by Mantrhax on 10/27/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Poor & flawed design is a constant now, 8+ years and still they doesnt know how to do it? Amazing.

Well, then they better hire you, because you're an expert on game design.

Seriously.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
SY
They need to remove this bull!@#$ quest hub, three days in a row and i cant %^-*ing do it anymore, im boycotting shado pan til they fix this bull!@#$. Chain fear into 5 different mob packs pet dies instantly and half the elite spawns are evasion bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The fear can and should be interrupted, however only the Will-Breakers do that.

I suggest finding a friendly tank specced character to assist you if you have troubles.

I mostly solo the Shado-Pan quests, but it does go slightly faster with a dpser.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
you know the items that you get before you leave help immensely?

you guys just don't know how to or just don't want to use simple mechanics
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
you know the items that you get before you leave help immensely?

you guys just don't know how to or just don't want to use simple mechanics

You know those items you get before you leave?

Yeah, they don't work very well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I never die doing these. Just don't kill the ones that are surrounded by other mobs....
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
I avoid the Wil Breakers because I cannot handle the fears well. So, I find an area that is relatively free of addons. Then I use the poison on the large one. I back off, and then tag one of the big one's companions. They both come to me and they die. Then once I am healed up I tag the big one and play a little tank and spank until it dies. There is some movement involved but the area I am in does not have any other addons so all is well. If for some reason I get too many addons I cannot handle the vanishing smoke works well. I have never used the coins for distraction though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I see no major issue with these quests, except that you have to actually think about what you're doing and plan your kills, rather than rushing in blindly. This is something a lot of players have forgotten how to do, or never learned in the first place. As for the helpful items, I almost never use them.

That said, I do have a minor issue, and that's that there just aren't enough elite mantid for all the people in the zone at any given time and I have to spend 15-20 minutes hunting down four of them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Go
Really hard to do.
Edited by Gymlea on 12/9/2012 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Every quest on that island is quite well done except the Elite Mantid.

And the Mantid on the roads are too close together that you can aggro too many to survive at time if you get feared.

Clear out the Mantid on the roads a bit and maybe drop off one Mantid from the two patrolling with the Elites.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
There is a Vessguard on the sloped path about 20,47. He only has 2 guards with him and has a respawn timer just over a minute. This is the only way I have been able to reliably do this quest without multiple deaths and punched monitors.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Took me a few times to get the hang of this quest. Now, I just look for ambush points to separate them from the multiple of mobs just hanging out on the road. Usually on the paths leading up hills, you can find turnouts to hang out in. Make sure to take a companion that will stealth you if you have problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]