Relic of Xuen

90 Pandaren Monk
I didn't really know where else to put this, but since it's made with inscription, I guess this works.

The agility based Relic of Xuen Relic of Xuen suffers from a severe disadvantage when compared with the strength version Relic of Xuen.
The strength Relic is a chance on hit. Simple, easy to use.
The agility Relic is a chance on crit. The uptime and potency of the agility trinket suffers greatly from this.

Please change the agility Relic to chance on hit to bring it in line with the strength version.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
It might have the chance on crit since agility provides crit alongside ap.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
There's an internal cooldown to both that probably helps to equalize the two.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
According to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6397900436?page=14#261 the internal cooldown on the Strength version is actually 10 seconds less than that of the Agility version, in addition to the much less reliable chance-on-crit.

The longer ICD wouldn't bother me as much due to the higher crit in addition to AP, as Bluecrayon pointed out, if it would actually proc close to the cooldown. I've gone 15-20 seconds with my Relic off cooldown without it proccing, just because of a chance-on-a-chance based system.

In Wrath, we had the Greatness cards that were, for all intents and purposes, the same thing. High primary stat, primary stat proc, available first tier. At that time, there was no on-hit vs. on-crit differentiation. Darkmoon Card: Greatness vs. Darkmoon Card: Greatness for comparison.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
You make a valid point on paper, and could very well be correct in identify a previously unseen issue.

However, you might want to also factor in other variables. For instance, most agility users rely on fast 1h weapons while strength users tend to focus on slow one handers.

EDIT: Damn, caught by a necro.
Edited by Jozie on 12/17/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hrm,this thread is a few months old and I thought I had replied to it but I guess not.

My question would be, do you see an appreciable difference in their actual up time?

12/17/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Twigy
does anyone know if the proc rate goes up per upgrade. or if the cd between procs goes down?

It just increases the passive and proc agi amounts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]