MOP Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread!

(Sticky)

Quality Assurance
Rather than making a single thread for every typo please post your typos and grammatical errors in this megathread. QA will regularly go through this thread and document the bugs.

There won't be a whole lot of communication in this thread but rest assured we're reading every post.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When collecting the five Jade Quilen for the achivement in heroic Moshu'gan Palace, the counter at the top of the screen shows "X / 5 Quilin" rather than "Quilen".
Edited by Icedragon on 10/16/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
portal in shrine of two moons reads "Ogrimmar" and not "Orgrimmar"
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warlock
10/16/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Amilo
portal in shrine of two moons reads "Ogrimmar" and not "Orgrimmar"

I wonder who screwed that up..... :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not 100% sure if this counts as a typo or a grammatical error, but it IS a mistake caused by the Jade Forest revamp in mid-beta that wasn't caught, and anyone not familiar with early beta and the "hozu" would think it was a typo.

Sky Shark Signal Flare
1) There is no such thing as the Sky Shark, it was removed (and Honeydew Village put in its place), and the new name of the Horde gunship is Hellscream's Fist. So this really should be Hellscream's Fist Signal Flare. After all, there are hozen all over the wreckage of Hellscream's Fist, so the signal flare being from that would work nicely. Honestly, this item would've totally confused me, if I hadn't been in early beta and seen "wreck of the Sky Shark".
2) This item mentions the "hozu". This was the old name of the hozen in early beta, and should be changed.

Another "hozu" error occurs with this item: Gut Bomb
The item itself works fine and there isn't a problem with its description, but if you try to use it in the wrong area, it will give you error text that says "requires hozu wharf". This should be hozen wharf.

Also THIS is a typo: Watermelon Bomb You get to "trow" a trinket.
Edited by Mogrigg on 10/17/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
76 Orc Mage
Where is the Typo Error: [Tricks and Treat of Pandaria]

Typo: "Visit the Candy Buckets in Kalimdor." It should be Pandaria
Edited by Øfaiz on 10/17/2012 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Traveler Yotimo: It should be Borean instead of all lower case.
Reply Quote
Quest: Twinspire Keep, questgiver Sunke Khang
"We can no longer stand their presence Twinspire Keep, so close to Paw'don."
missing the word 'in'
Reply Quote
Not sure this counts as a typo exactly, but it's an instance where the text doesn't match up, so posting it.

Quest: SI:7 Report: Fire From the Sky, questgiver Sully "The Pickle" McLeary
When you reach the shrines, the text reads White Pawn, but the audio of the same lines says Anduin.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The achievement Tricks and Treats of Pandaria says to go to "Valley of Four Winds - Thunder Cleft" but Thunder Cleft is located in Krasarang Wilds.

Achievement Error Hi-lighted - http://i.imgur.com/eT8NE.jpg

Showing the bucket at the Inn - http://i.imgur.com/fiue7.jpg

Also it says "Tricks and Treat" not Treats, its missing the S. It also says to "visit the Candy buckets of Kalimdor" which this is Pandaria, not Kalimdor.
Edited by Mukeshi on 10/18/2012 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Mistfall Village - nothing there and no bucket.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The buff you get when using Kaffa berries, or at least the mobs buff text reads "Hopped on on Kaffa Berries." Instead of "Hopped up on Kaffa Berries."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Orgrimmar spelt wrong for Org portal in Shrine for Horde
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
When I learn the Jade Panther I cannot find it under Jade Panther on the mount tab it is called "Emerald Panther".
Reply Quote
When speaking to Teya Dawnchaser when she is at the Halfhill Market, one of the things she can say is:

Let us not bring bloodshed to this peaceful place, rother:sister;.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed this as well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
One can THROW a Watermelon Bomb, but how does one "TROW" one anyway? (Read the item description)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
In more than one place in Kun-Lai, friends have commented to me that "peak" is spelled "peek" instead. I seem to recall several mentions of Lorewalker Cho being the culprit...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In reply to Zanéaa re: Mistfall Village Bucket of Candy:

You have to do (most of, if not all) the first Golden Lotus quests involving Ruins of Guo-Lai and Guo-Lai Halls and Golden Lotus daily quests before Mistfall Village is populated and has the Bucket of Candy.
Edited by Razorhawk on 10/19/2012 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]