MOP Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread!

(Sticky)

90 Undead Rogue
When switching guilds and losing rep or rank, you are warned that you will lose (#) RANKD with "whatever guild". Unsure as to what "RANKD" is but it sure isn't english.
Reply Quote
The quest "Echoes of Thunder" has the same issue as "Rise Of An Empire" - Tak-Tak offers my Horde character a ride to Seven Stars instead of Two Moons.

Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/SiUhKhn.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
The message to purchase another sha-touched gem from Wrathion says "upgarde" instead of "upgrade".

"I would like to upgarde another sha-touched weapon."
Edited by Andarìel on 2/6/2013 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7347/wowscrnshot020613175358.jpg

Seen in Thunk's Abode, Desolace.

Pretty sure you meant "Ambassador."

Edit: Turns out "Embassador" is actually listed in the dictionary as an archaic form of Ambassador. Still, it is inconsistent with all other usages of the word in the game.
Edited by Lorinall on 5/22/2013 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Korjan Collectors in Krasarang Wilds:

"The pandaren are not hear to save you now."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
For the level 90 quest daily, "Whitepetal Lake", there is a typo in the description.
Reports suggest that things are quiet at Whitepetal Lake today, but I've dispatched Ren Firetongue and He Softfoot to make sure it stays they way.

Should be "that", not "they".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The Infinite Whelpling's tooltip says 'You better belive he knows what time it is.'
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kun-Lai Summit

When you first arrive at Winter's Blossom, if you speak with Suna Silentstrike, she says:

"Lin is upset - Zhiya was his good friend ..."

Quest text from Lin Silentstrike (A Line Unbroken) and corpse text identify him as Zhiyao.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pet journal entry for the "Infinite Whelping" has a typo in the flavor text:

"You better belive he knows what time it is."

The display model is also oddly off-center and sits too low in the pet journal. Odd.
Edited by Icedragon on 2/10/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Schools of Arcane Magic - Divination has this one:

"opposite sex on a
this is your last warning"

There seems to be some text missing. Maybe that's intentional, but even so, I can't figure the grammatical construction "on a ___"; Also "This is your last warning." should have a capital at the start and a period at the end as it is a separate full sentence.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The trample tool tip: "Your goat tramples the enemy, kicking up an obscuring cloud of dust, causing all enemies within 10 yards to have their spell cast speed increased by 50% (25% on player targets) for 30 sec."

Not sure if this is a typo and I am hoping it is. But I think increased is supposed to be decreased, if I am wrong I would like to know.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Druid spell tooltip: "Celestial Alignment"

The text reads: "In addition, casting Moonfire also applies THE THE periodic damage effect of Sunfire to your target."

Two the's.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Quest: Preservation (Order of the Cloud Serpent Daily)

"While the cloud serpents become ever rarer, those brutes are... are...

<Suchi takes a deep breath>

...they're eat their eggs for dinner! It's horrible!"

Shouldn't that be "...they're EATING their eggs for dinner"? or even "those brutes eat their eggs for dinner!"
Reply Quote
25 Orc Warlock
Meng-do, Strength of Mountains from the quest Ogudei's Lieutenants casts a spell "Devestating Blow". Shouldn't that be devastating?
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
Seed of Tranquil Growth

I believe the "Tranquil Spout" should be "Tranquil Sprout".

(as shown here)

http://tinypic.com/r/2hp7f2s/6

"Summon Tranquil Sprout, Summons a Tranquil Spout ......."
Edited by Nobully on 2/25/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
One of the Kezan Citizens in the Gallywix labor Mine on The Lost Isles says, "Shirts with leg-holes. Reversable shirtshorts!" when you give her/him the Kaja'Cola Zero-One. It should, of course, be 'Reversible'. C=
Edited by Oldcodger on 2/26/2013 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Quest: Riding the Storm
Objective: Shan'ze Cloudrider saved: 0/8

The quest text properly refers to the mobs as Cloudrunners. It's just the objective that's typo'd.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
On the quest "Gourmet Kafa" in Kota Peak, the quest says that you have to mark 10 deposits, but the quest objective is to mark 15 such deposits.
Reply Quote
The correct spelling is "referring."

Tog'thar (wowdb.com/npcs/2238-togthar) says: And we don't appreciate you refering to our friends as a 'ball and chain,' doc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]