Increases Stable Slots Please!

90 Worgen Hunter
@Yijal & Aoir,

If you dont like collecting pets, thats fine... but most hunters in game does, and there are the very few 1% that does not like to collect. And as far as PvE and PvP, i dont see anything wrong with hunters atm, at least from my point of view.

But for the main subject, please more stable slots, at least 2 more pages. seriously blizz, look at http://www.wow-petopia.com/ , and take a moment to see how many pets their are, color combos, rares and spirit beasts. way too many to be tamed by one hunter, unless we had more stable slots.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Hunter
I don't get why so many people are against a stable stab system like I explained before that would be the same thing as a guild bank or even your bank. I'm sure none of you would object if blizzard added in another tab for personal/guild banks.

Do I worry about raid buffs when I raid on the US servers? No, I never do and never will. My cat from the twilight highlands is my pet of choice for anything other than BM.

Now as far as BM goes yes I wanted to try to tame rare pets as I leveled up that I use for BM and am stuck having to say bye to this rare pet you really cant farm anymore with the cross server zones simply because Blizzard keeps adding new pets to the game without giving us anymore space. I think my idea from last night would be perfect I'd pay a fair chunk of change for an extra slot so I can get a few more as I find them when I decide to level in MOP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/14/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Aoir
No. We don't NEED more stable slots. I'd rather they focus on actually balancing us and making all our specs viable and/or competitive (Whichever is more appropriate; too tired to care right now) in both PvE and PvP than adding more stable slots so you can tame more pets you'll never use.

Yes....the chance of what you ask for is going to either never happen or take a while to get implemented. Adding more stable slots wont.

If you like to collect pets, honestly that's what the pet battle system is for, and if that's not enough, try Pokemon.

Also terms like "most hunters" seems suspect... care to show me a study rather than anecdote... perhaps a poll in which you go realm to realm asking a plethora of hunters whether or not they enjoy collecting pets over, say, being a dps or PvPing?

BM hunters who farm exotics for one. I sure as hell aint about to drop Loque after looking for his azz for a month. Same with my other pets. Sure I got a few common I can drop, like the monkey , the eagle , etc. Hunters that are BM particularly like to collect pets not just for fun, but for the ability to have a larger toolbox to selection from. Especially since stampede takes this into account.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I, for one, would enjoy having some more stable slots. I'm getting tired of having to go through my stables and pick and choose which pets to abandon each time they add new pets to go after. I don't want to give up my spirit beasts because they're a pain to track down with how many people are also loooking to tame them(or those who kill them just as a hunter starts to tame one).

Plus I've got other pets with unique looks that I'd rather not be forced to give up, Chromagus for one, and even some pets I've tamed just because I love their species. Such as my precious fox. Pretty sure I'm one of the few hunters that actually uses the foxes despite their strange tendency to randomly go after critters. Only time I had that happen in a dungeon run, the entire group was laughing at the sight of my fox suddenly running off into a group of mobs after a cockroach. I will never abandon my foxy.

*mashes the more stable slots vote button* Give us more stable slots, blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah its annoying to not be able to tame every pet you want, 3rd slot would fix this problem. I hate having to decide which pet I abandon and which I dont.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Keep the posts coming, eventually blizzard might see this post and decide to help us hunters out with this, it honestly does make sense to add more slots to our stable to increase the variety of pets to tame.

there are 42 species (with 5-20+ color schemes) of beasts to tame + 9 spirit beasts, so just estimating, there can be close to 700 different pets including colors, design of beast, etc...

so help us out Blizz.
Reply Quote
more slots plz
Reply Quote
I said it earlier, and I will say it again, no. There's only a relative handful of buffs to bring, and you don't need every pet family that brings them. If you want to collect pets, do Pet Battles or play Pokemon. Of all teh pets I have, I use 3-4 at most, so no, again, we do not 'need' more stable slots. What we NEED is meaningful balancing done so all our specs are equally competitive/viable in PvE and PvP , not programming time wasted to satisfy collectors who want more pets they'll never use. You do not NEED to tame every last pet family you come across.

If you think 25 pet slots is too few, try having played back in Classic. You could have THREE pets, and only one with you, and you have to keep one slot free so you could tame a pet to learn a new rank for your pets abilities and then abandon it so you could then free up the space again and then train your main pet with the ability you learned via taming the one you just abandoned.

Also, stop saying 'most' hunters want more pet slots. You have no evidence, and the forums are not an accurate source for that claim, either. I could jsut as easily claim just as many hunters hate collecting pets and you couldn't prove me wrong, either. Only a small minority of the player base actually comes to the forums. Most of the hunters I know in-game don't care about pet collecting, either. Reminds me of what we got in Patch 4.2. Instead of meaningful buffs, we got those taming challenges.
Edited by Aoir on 10/14/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
We dont care about what buffs pets bring, most of them are now taking care of by other classes now, and only even good for 5 mans, i personally would like to see different pets when i play instead of using same old ones in my stable all the time, but i refuse to abandon pets i spent hours and hours camping to tame. help us out Blizz
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I am truly baffled... MORE stable slots?
I remember having 3 and I was happy.

Stable slots, not active pet slots.
As in, the bank where you can store pets, much like soulbound transmog gear. That you'll never actually use.

Some people actually like collecting pets, kind of hard, though, when the number of unique pets is less than the number of spaces you get.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Due to all the expansions and increased number of pets, variety and exotics... most hunters who love to play their class and tame beasts to add to collections find it very gun, especially the molten spiders in which it made it a little challenging and fun.

But with all the different type of exotics, rares and even just new models, our slots fill up quick, mine was filled during Cataclysm with all the rares... but to make that happen i was forced to abandon some of my other pets to make room, and some hunters have abandoned spirit beasts they spent a long time farming to make room for new pets.

Basically my question is, Blizzard , can you please increases the number of stable slots a hunter can have, even if it is at a small cost or trained for at like a level 90. I believe most hunters will be happy if this was to happen, and some may comment to stop asking for so much, but i believe this is a good idea and i also believe we have supporters of this post as well.

yup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Am quite late to the party, but I have to peep up and support this!

Collecting pets is part of the draw of the hunter class for me. And, as was said earlier, adding more pet slots will not take away time from the never-ending task of balancing classes. No need to growl at people who want something that is *gasp!* FUN in a GAME.

I hate having to pick through my stables for pets to abandon. Some of my pets have sentimental value, or took me quite a bit of effort to find them. (3/4 of the LK spirit beasts) Yes, I have 3 spirit beasts. No, I won't abandon any of them. They have some of my favorite pet skins in the game! Also, for BM, having a variety of pets is pretty handy. I'm quite happy with my exotics!
Edited by Kanaan on 10/21/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Already threw out most of my Firelands spiders, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
not programming time wasted to satisfy collectors who want more pets they'll never use.

Do ya really think it takes all that much time to add a page or 2 to the stables?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
[...] If you want to collect pets, do Pet Battles or play Pokemon. [...]

If you think 25 pet slots is too few, try having played back in Classic. You could have THREE pets, and only one with you, and you have to keep one slot free so you could tame a pet to learn a new rank for your pets abilities and then abandon it so you could then free up the space again and then train your main pet with the ability you learned via taming the one you just abandoned.

No offense, but back in Classic time, we didn't have true taming challenge pets (other than, perhaps Chromie in BWL, but how many guilds actually let you tame a boss back then?). Now we do have many cool looking rares that made us camp their spawn points or track them down for hours or even days. Is it that hard to see some hunters are enjoying the "hunting" aspect of the game, not just the PvP or PvE "combat" aspect the game has offered all these years? And why is it that hard to see the reason these game hunter players are having hard time parting with their prized collections?

Another thing is that we did not have Pokemon style mini battle system back in Classic and "most" of us were happy playing hunters w/ot that. Pokemon battle is more like a critter collection. It may appeal to those who like collecting cute non-combat pets and wished to interact with them. Now, my opinion might change, if, those critter pets will turn into huge ferocious looking beasts after leveling them to certain high level. Do they do that?

Having said all this, however, don't get me wrong. I do understand your claim that Blizz got more urgent things to deal with. I do agree. But TBH, I'd rather have Blizz trash the new Pokemon battle and give us more stable slots. They could have spent "much less" developer resource and time and everything by not bothering with the pet battle system in the first place.
Edited by Albrand on 10/22/2012 2:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/14/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Aoir
No. We don't NEED more stable slots. I'd rather they focus on actually balancing us and making all our specs viable and/or competitive (Whichever is more appropriate; too tired to care right now) in both PvE and PvP than adding more stable slots so you can tame more pets you'll never use.

This. I'm going to quote what I posted in another thread about this same topic:
We don't need one of every pet, a lot of them share similar debuffs/buffs. Dragonhawks and Wind serpents have the exact same debuff, Serpents and Hyenas have the same buff, Wasps and Bats both have a 2 sec stun... see where I'm going with this?

I'm not trying to argue against stables slots, I'm just pointing out how Blizz is probably viewing it xD We took a huge increase from 3 stable slots to 20 and then 5 active, so I'm not sure we will get more slots any time soon. Blizz has their surprises though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why can't they make hunter pets an integrated spellbook tab like mounts and battle pets?

I would really like additional stable slots!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Its not that I wouldn't mind more stable slots.

Its just that I want our class fixed to be a little more competitive before they worry about this sort of change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]