Increases Stable Slots Please!

11/07/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Kiera
Why can't they make hunter pets an integrated spellbook tab like mounts and battle pets?

Agreed, there is no reason to not allow a hunter to tame every pet in game if they want. It will not make them unbalanced they can only use one at a time anyway and carry 5 with them to switch between.

Also, no I don't think we should have to pay for stable slots/pages. I already spent a huge amount of gold just to use my gun/bow when ammo was in game. I don't see a need to make hunters have to pay gold just to do what hunters do tame and use pets.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I love the idea of having more stable slots, I had to give up a lot of my pets so I could obtain others but I have found out that some of the more rare and exotic pets you need the help of another hunter to get it this benifits you an the other hunter especially if they need it to. This way you gain a friend in the WOW so I say Hunters unite, the more the friends the more the merrier!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Because we all need 10 different skins for a cat right? Hunters have bigger fish to fry right now than more stable slots.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Agreed, there is no reason to not allow a hunter to tame every pet in game if they want.

You can already tame every pet in the game, as many times as you like, without penalty (i.e. you don't have to level them up, any more).

Yes, I know what you meant. But think about what I wrote for a minute. You want more stable space. Well, the whole World of Warcraft is one giant stable for hunters to keep their pets.

Stable masters are useful because they allow us to swap between pets that we actually use frequently. The less frequently you use a pet, the less difference there is between keeping it with a stable master, or keeping it out in the game world.
Reply Quote
/sign

Was full before MoP launched. Am currently full and unable to tame anything in Pandaria.
Point of having a wide variety of pets actually helps with certain aspects of being a hunter.

Please Blizzard, quit neglecting this class like it's the black sheep of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Tbh I Don't think we need extra stable slots... This class needs alot more REAL fixes first.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Point of having a wide variety of pets actually helps with certain aspects of being a hunter.

What aspects of being a hunter do seven spirit beasts and six cats help with?

Please Blizzard, quit neglecting this class like it's the black sheep of the game.

Don't be so dramatic. Choose your pets, and own your choice.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Gnorf
You want more stable space. Well, the whole World of Warcraft is one giant stable for hunters to keep their pets.

If you want a certain piece of gear for transmog you can just go farm it till you get it too. Oh wait we have void storage for that. Why not limit us to 5 mounts and you can just re-buy them from the vendors or reacquire them as drops if you run out of space and decide to change?

The point is that allowing a hunter to tame every critter doesn't break anything it just makes life easier on someone who wants to collect more pets than the stable can hold.

What aspects of being a hunter do seven spirit beasts and six cats help with?

The aspect of taming multiple hunter pets and using them. Why have more than one weapon model or set of armor per class? Change, variation, and uniqueness of character. How boring would it be if we all looked the same or had the same weapon? Transmog has no stat purpose whatsoever it doesn't change anything about your character other than appearance, this is a desire for pet transmog if you will.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i would like more slots.i find collecting hunter pets more fun then the pet battle system.infact i think pokemon games itself needs a freakin change.i want to collect beasts that stand by me and go into combat with me.i know that we might already be broken but the thing is the more they try to fix the more damage they do anyway.i see nothing wrong with more slots.and another thing if you want the world to be a stable that we have to fight other players to get to recatch the beast we want how about this
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2012/10/idea-hunter-pet-zoo-instead-of-more-stable-slots/

so we don't have to worry about recatching it with all the hassil and cross servers makes it harder.

this will also solve the bonding with your pet thing that some ppl think we don't do.i know i already did a silamlar thread but is a topic i will suport.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
If you want a certain piece of gear for transmog you can just go farm it till you get it too. Oh wait we have void storage for that.

Like the stable, Void Storage is also limited. Like the stable, it's a waste to fill Void Storage with items that you will never use, or are easily replaced.

Change, variation, and uniqueness of character. How boring would it be if we all looked the same or had the same weapon? Transmog has no stat purpose whatsoever it doesn't change anything about your character other than appearance, this is a desire for pet transmog if you will.

Like Void Storage, a limited stable does not preclude you from being able to "pet transmog". In fact, neither a stable, nor Void Storage are required for this purpose.

Unlike transmog, which has "no stat purpose whatsoever", the stable was designed to support multiple styles of hunter gameplay, which can require a hunter to frequently switch between different sets of pets, including exotic pets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Alrighty then, here goes. I'm asking Blizzard to "Pretty please with a Huge Hug on top", to please increase our stable by at least 10 slots. Those of us hardcore Hunters have all the Spirit Beasts and Rares from Previous Expansions and do not and further more should not want to give them up, it's simply not fair. We see the wonderful new pets available in MoP and yet cannot let go that which we have WORKED so hard for. Please, Hunters pay the monthly bill just like everyone else 8- ) Also- LOVE the idea of a Hunter Pet Zoo!!!!!!!
Edited by Bassi on 11/8/2012 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Like the stable, Void Storage is also limited. Like the stable, it's a waste to fill Void Storage with items that you will never use, or are easily replaced.

Agreed it is useless to fill storage with things you won't use. I will use more than 20 pets so I need more storage. Also, lots of pets are not "easily replaced" certainly more than 20 in game. There are 80 void storage slots versus 20 stables slots, give me 80 stables slots and I will be very happy.

Unlike transmog, which has "no stat purpose whatsoever", the stable was designed to support multiple styles of hunter gameplay, which can require a hunter to frequently switch between different sets of pets, including exotic pets.

So you are saying we need to have lots of different pets to switch between for different situations. Which means we need to have lots of storage. How is this an argument against having plenty of pet storage?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/14/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Aoir
No. We don't NEED more stable slots. I'd rather they focus on actually balancing us and making all our specs viable and/or competitive (Whichever is more appropriate; too tired to care right now) in both PvE and PvP than adding more stable slots so you can tame more pets you'll never use.

1) Increasing a limit is not going to take focus away from balancing
2) Storage space is an issue, as each pet slot takes up space on the server, per hunter.
3) Blizz wants pet choice to be limited (which I can agree with)

Solution: Let players permanently "learn skins" via taming. We still have to visit a stable master to pick out the skin we want (they can even charge a nominal fee for it, but then we should probably get 5-10 slots for easy swap storage, for the differences between PVE and PVP and such).

When we "stable" a pet, it effectively is abandoned, but we can simply "re-tame" the skin, via the stable master interface, instead of having to track down the tamed mob (rare spawn or otherwise) again. Since pets no longer level with us, and they don't even have talent points, the only downsides to this approach is the time spent setting up the system, and the "flavor" aspect of literally being able to tame them all (even though, you have a set # at any one point in time)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
i think we should not have to recatch something we worked realy hard to get before cross servers.now we have cross servers which will make retameing them even harder which kinda was hard to get to begin with.so yea we realy should get bigger stables.see the cross servers complaints to read how hard it is to get a rare pet and mount now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I will use more than 20 pets so I need more storage.

Good thing the game world stores infinite pets for you. You can use the stable for short-to-medium term storage for the 20 pets you use most often.

So you are saying we need to have lots of different pets to switch between for different situations. Which means we need to have lots of storage. How is this an argument against having plenty of pet storage?

The stable is designed to support the following uses: BM-PvE, BM-PvP, non-BM-PvE, and non-BM-PvP.

I suspect Blizzard could be persuaded that the stable is a bit tight for it's intended design, and that another 5-10 slots would be appropriate. But your best bet would be to explain how the stable doesn't meet its design goals. (Collecting every spider in the rainbow was never a design goal.)
Reply Quote
Good thing the game world stores infinite pets for you. You can use the stable for short-to-medium term storage for the 20 pets you use most often.

Many pets that once existed in the game world have been removed what about them? Again saying it's still available to get from the game world doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to store it. Otherwise we wouldn't have a need for void storage, big banks, etc. for old gear you don't use often or only for transmog. If they want to add a "long term stable" where we have to pay gold to store pets we don't use as often or only for looks/collecting like void storage that would be fine.

(Collecting every spider in the rainbow was never a design goal.)

Three words "Pet taming challenges" read the patch notes it is a design goal to get hunters to go out and try and collect all the challenge tames. There are more than 20 of those alone. Not to mention the pets you use on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
More stable slots
for the love of all that is good More!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Three words "Pet taming challenges" read the patch notes it is a design goal to get hunters to go out and try and collect all the challenge tames.

Just because it's your personal goal doesn't mean it's a design goal. Consider Ghostcrawler's recent tweets about the subject:

"More stable slots would be fine to a point. Don't want hunters feeling like they should tame evey pet they see."

And:

"Taming should be a decision. There are plenty of 'collect all' achievements. Hunters aren't crazy cat hoarding ladies."

And:

"It's fun for hunters, but your pet is supposed to be your boon companion, not a list to fill out."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/244452989279035392
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/statuses/258242063592742912
Edited by Gnorf on 11/9/2012 9:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Screw class balance, MOAR STABLE SLOTS
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
If we had more stable slots I might try taming pets that actually look good instead of what ever pet brings the buff I want.

more stable slots!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]