Best AD Tanks?

85 Worgen Warrior
In no particular order, Valandra, Almalexi, Calissi. As of two years ago.

Feels good to post on a pointless thread when I don't play anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Me
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tankest. Oh wait.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I didn't realize we still had tanks on AD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Psh. I am! :DD Hehe, I kid...
Reply Quote
Ace
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I recall Odok being rather pro.

Someone use that mod to find out this persons main so we can not name them.

Chrome Bastard Addon says this is "Playaqt" / "Unaware" are other known toons of the op. Mind you, this only pays attention to toons someone has posted on. If they only post on alts, their main won't show up on the list.

I should dust off my old sword and board since I have no idea who half the people listed here are.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
If you don't know who Odok is, then you really aren't from this server; and I'm not even Horde.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Hunter
Sinne
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Lazeezella
If you don't know who Odok is, then you really aren't from this server; and I'm not even Horde.

Odok was one of the few names I knew. Oh and Ace
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Alright, time to flesh out the old school ADer's, when I say Golithion(sp) was the greatest AD tank.

J/K, i just wanna see how many old school ADers are still around. Any remember the SS of him saying he's better then any tank in Dark Paradigm and Black Phoenix?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I am the best skank on this server!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Alright, time to flesh out the old school ADer's, when I say Golithion(sp) was the greatest AD tank.

J/K, i just wanna see how many old school ADers are still around. Any remember the SS of him saying he's better then any tank in Dark Paradigm and Black Phoenix?

Oh man. Gothalion. So easy to push his buttons and get him all worked up.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I'm the cutest tank, I think we can agree, but as for the best?

Odok hands down.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Goth was a joke, he was that easy to rile.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/12/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Inopa
Odok was one of the few names I knew. Oh and Ace

I've been in groups with both of aforementioned folks.

I recall Odok being good.

I remember Ace being unimpressive. It's possible he got better over time. I remember him from when he was known for his five-boxing gimmick with the paladin and four mages. (Which takes a disposable income, decent computer, and a few macros (could be done with 2-3). Skill not terribly required. Boom was better. :p )
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/23/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Ironfist
I remember Ace being unimpressive. It's possible he got better over time. I remember him from when he was known for his five-boxing gimmick with the paladin and four mages. (Which takes a disposable income, decent computer, and a few macros (could be done with 2-3). Skill not terribly required. Boom was better. :p )

(Obvious troll thread is obvious)
Question have you been in a raid with Ace tanking? If you say no then what you said above has no weight. If you have then you surely know that he used the mages when raiding something like MC or AQ40 or to camp out rare spawns for the Frostbitten achievement. In an at level raid (Wrath) I found his skill to be excellent; he knew the fights; used CDs; great reaction time; didn't rage out. I'd say that last one is the most important but that's just a personal opinion.

Unfortunately I've not been in a raid with anyone else mentioned so far so can't speak to their skill but the fact that they've been mentioned certainly says they're above average for AD.

Tank on AD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
My post implies that, yes, I have, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

I couldn't tell you which raid, or what he did or didn't do to make me have negative recollections. It could have been a number of things, all not really related to non-contextual dislike. I did note that it is possible that he got better in the time since my experiences.

Typically, I have considered a tank bad when they repeatedly fail at the basics (like not turning your back to a mob, or taunt when dbm tells you to type basics) especially when they act intolerable and try to talk the talk but fail to back it up. When the tank is doing it wrong, like messing up spec, not using cooldowns gemming inappropriately (lol not def/avoid capped but stacking stam and being crit like crazy back in the day, as a healer I tend to notice inappropriate damage spikes). You get the idea.

Speaking of Sinne (who was also rather good)...
I remember healing with drunktir tanking. lol.

Edit: I need to proofread when I have cats walking across my keyboard while typing.
Edited by Ironfist on 12/1/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Kekoa is currently best tank on the server.

Followed a good distance by Mobious.

Then Mobearious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]