Spirit of Harmony Unfair

90 Worgen Druid
Going to keep this short and sweet. My buddy says he only needs to use Imperial Silk (which can be obtained once per day, or use Spirit of Harmony's to acquire more) to make iLvL 476's for Tailoring. Where with Leatherworking it is required to use abundant amounts of Spirit of Harmony's to make just one iLvL 476 item. Working as intended?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/17/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Wookle
Going to keep this short and sweet. My buddy says he only needs to use Imperial Silk (which can be obtained once per day, or use Spirit of Harmony's to acquire more) to make iLvL 476's for Tailoring. Where with Leatherworking it is required to use abundant amounts of Spirit of Harmony's to make just one iLvL 476 item. Working as intended?

Yep.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
My buddy says he only needs to use Imperial Silk (which can be obtained once per day

A restriction leatherworking doesn't seem to have.
(or use Spirit of Harmony's to acquire more)
There you go, more Spirits of Harmony if you want to make an item as quickly as a leatherworker can.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Well to be fair, it's not like the Tailoring pieces take a single piece of silk.

My friend's robe costs six Imperial Silk. So six days for him. For me to make a similar chest with LW takes eight Spirits of Harmony, of which I can grow 1.6 per day on my farm. 1.6 x 5 = 80 motes, or eight Spirits. So my chest only takes five days to craft vs. Tailoring's six.

Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Working as intended?

It has been these way since TBC.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Don't liken to the clothies, OP. They don't understand what you have to go through.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
well, in cat we had a 7 day cooldown and dreamcloth were a pain to make.. and you needed from 5 to 8 to make things.. so yeah, I like imperial silk. Finally a break :(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Well to be fair, it's not like the Tailoring pieces take a single piece of silk.

My friend's robe costs six Imperial Silk. So six days for him. For me to make a similar chest with LW takes eight Spirits of Harmony, of which I can grow 1.6 per day on my farm. 1.6 x 5 = 80 motes, or eight Spirits. So my chest only takes five days to craft vs. Tailoring's six.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, I'd take LW over Tailoring any day because of this. Daily CDs for crafting are way more limiting than Spirits. I get enough motes to make a Spirit almost every 30 minutes of questing.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Mage
It takes 3 Spirit of Harmony to make 1 extra Imperial Silk off the daily cooldown. If I wanted to pump out the tailored gloves, I would need 12 spirits for each one, minus 3 for the initial daily cooldown. LW gloves take 6.

Sounds to me like LW has it easier. But I'm not complaining.
Reply Quote
I think it's fine. Spirits are pretty easy to farm and we don't have the 1 cloth a day cooldown type of thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
LW is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I jst find this topic kind of funny, because I'm a LW and my best friend is a Tailor, and we each find ourselves often pitying the other's profession. So there's some perspective there, heh.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/17/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Rashend
I get enough motes to make a Spirit almost every 30 minutes of questing.

You are insanely lucky. Or I'm insanely unlucky. I'm grateful to see one mote every hour.
Edited by Bofan on 10/17/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, is that it takes Honored with Golden Lotus just to buy the tailoring patterns. I had enough silk on hand, making one a day, to make both the Robe and Gloves by the time I had enough rep to buy the pattern.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
It's not fair to tailoring honestly. I can farm out a piece of gear in a few hours tops, as well as oodles of scales and leather to go with it. By the time they make a piece of gear, the value will have dropped a couple thousand.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well if you are a leather worker then you will make a ton selling the gear on the AH after you gear yourself. I know I looked for AH gear for my hunter to get to heroics & raid finder quicker and could either find none or what was there was so expensive I could not afford it. For my lock I was able to load up on AH gear and get to 460 fast & easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
idk. our guild's leatherworker has had no issues getting sufficient harmony to make myself, himself (hunter) and our healing druid their pre-raid gear, and our tailor has had no issues making the preraid gear for himself (lock), the mage, and the priest.

soooooooo less qq?

do your tiller dailies: 16 motes a day from (literal) farming
do your other dailies: motes drop like candy from daily quest mobs.
Edited by Trollinthndr on 10/17/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/17/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Sharmarli
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, is that it takes Honored with Golden Lotus just to buy the tailoring patterns. I had enough silk on hand, making one a day, to make both the Robe and Gloves by the time I had enough rep to buy the pattern.

Same for LW.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Rep up and expand your farm to max and you can plant 16 Songbell Seed per day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]