Best Monk PvP Spec?

70 Pandaren Monk
I've been surfing the forums and haven't quite seen it yet so...

What's the best Monk PvP spec?

I'm rolling a MW for PvE, and would prefer a different spec for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
MW is fairly strong in PvP as well. If you're looking for a different spec, then WW is your best choice.

It's largely considered here to be a bad PvP spec, but I'd give it a try and see how you like it first. It does NOT play like most other melee dps specs in PvP, and it can be a frustrating experience to get used to.

That being said, I've enjoyed WW-PvP so far myself, but that's me personally, your own mileage may vary.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW is strong.

Don't let people convince you WW is bad, we may not be as strong as Ferals/Warriors/BM hunters but I'm 1600 and rising.
Edited by Zerosu on 10/14/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
62 Troll Hunter
my monk is a 32 and u can get 2 specs at 30 so i would say ww and wm so u can change ur spec quick and heal urself then deel damage
Reply Quote
74 Pandaren Monk
It's good to finally hear ppl other than me that like ww for pvp! Alot of ppl tried to tell me to go BM but i'm glad I didn't listen!! WW all the way
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Windwalker is great in Random Battlegrounds. It does fair in arena with SOME comps. But to get to the 2000-2100 range, you need to be really good at the class and know what your doing.

For Rated Battlegrounds? Unless you are running with a group of friends or a guild, be prepared for no one to want you. WW brings nothing of merit to the table and more often than not, the opposing team will simply focus you down for a good laugh and move on.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Windwalker is great in Random Battlegrounds. It does fair in arena with SOME comps. But to get to the 2000-2100 range, you need to be really good at the class and know what your doing.

the main part of getting 2k+ is your team mate(s) its the same for every class. Even the best players wont get anywhere without team mate(s) that are equally good.

For Rated Battlegrounds? Unless you are running with a group of friends or a guild, be prepared for no one to want you. WW brings nothing of merit to the table and more often than not, the opposing team will simply focus you down for a good laugh and move on.

as for this. its the same for every melee apart from DK's and rogues. wars, ret, and WWmonks bring little things to the group that just don't make enough of a difference to the game compared to what the ranged classes bring.
WW's in particular as most of the truly useful things they bring to an RBG group can also be done by mistweavers...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
the main part of getting 2k+ is your team mate(s) its the same for every class. Even the best players wont get anywhere without team mate(s) that are equally good.

True and true. But, I guess my point was, even with two amazing players, a so so player can bring the comp down. And WW really kind of need to excel AND have a solid group to get 2k+

WW's in particular as most of the truly useful things they bring to an RBG group can also be done by mistweavers...

True again. And you're right about melee in general. But I was speaking directly to WindWalker. =/ But... yeah. Melee. *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
as everyone has already said, Mistweaver is our best PvP spec

The majority of our utility is baseline, or at least available to all specs, which gives no reason for your WW monk to be taken over a MW monk

Rogue's smokebomb and DK grip are still the only 2 reason for bringing melee into RBGs unfortunately

Windwalker has probably the most fluid rotation of any class, and I find extremely fun to play. But to get anywhere in arena/rbg you have to be great at your class
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm MW in PVP and I believe it's the strongest. I consistantly top the healing charts and the least amount of deaths in RBGs and Random BGs. Our aeo heals are incredibly strong.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Can MW actually kill someone though?
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Can MW actually kill someone though?

Actually, yes. Because of Teachings of the Monastery, Tiger Palm and Crackling Jade Lightning can do a lot of damage, especially coming from a healer.

I've solo'd rogues, hunters, warriors, and mages while pretty much melee'ing them.
Edited by Disregarded on 5/18/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
When is it a good idea to spec MW, can you quest with it? Thanks.
Reply Quote
25 Human Monk
When is it a good idea to spec MW, can you quest with it? Thanks.

I'd say, as soon as you get enough gear that you're getting more AP when you're in Serpent Stance compared to Tiger Stance, and have a decent weapon.

Shouldn't be a problem with Heirlooms, but until I hit that point with this guy here, it was just faster to beat things down in Tiger stance and shift to Serpent to heal.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
is this a serious question? you want to compare a healing, tanking and DPS spec to see which one is better?..
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I'm making a monk for my main now I'm bored of paladins already lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Holy necro batman
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
MVP
Hey. HEY.

Necroing is my job.

I'm the Death Knight. You all are monks.

Silly Monks and Paladins thinking they can necro things. That's a Death Knight's job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]