Lumanni strikes again! Virral's bad edition!

90 Night Elf Druid
-----> http://i.imgur.com/Ysgi7.png <-----

So I heard that Lumanni is better then Virral now a days.

#derpface
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
:O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Get a life.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Nothing boosts my ego more than people remembering every incident of me dying in world pvp and telling everyone about it like its a huge accomplishment.
People constantly call me bad. It doesn't change the fact that I'm one of if not the best pvper on this server; the ratings/titles speak for themselves.
Edited by Virralqt on 10/16/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
i'm better
Reply Quote
Me and Jinnosuke have faced virral countless of times back at 80 and 85 and Virral is a challenge but Lumanni is a Moron end of story lol
Edited by Nefraikesh on 11/6/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Not like I even play my rogue anymore anyway, the class is boring as hell now.
Reply Quote
So you play FOTM only? :0
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/06/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Nefraikesh
So you play FOTM only? :0

Common misconception about my change to priest but I get why people think so. Truth is though I've been playing rogue almost exclusively since TBC, even through season 8 when rogues were in as bad of a state in arena as they are now. But at least the class was interesting back then (I was subtlety, not mut) so I stuck to it, its not the case this time however. I really tried to like what they did to the class, but its just boring.

Braindeadly: "All rogues do the same thing, its like they're all bots"
Jimos: "Cuz its the only thing they can do."
^ Quote from his stream today that stuck out for me, sums it up pretty well.
Long cd's with no room for improvisation or clutch play anymore since they all need to be used for their base, exact purpose or you will die/do no damage.
Vanish/saps, dance/saps, stepkicking, focus ks, and so on are usually EXTREMELY situational in matches now (plays like these are what made rogue so appealing to me to begin with), and even when you WANT to do them to get kills, the cc-susceptibility of rogues right now usually means you're stuck trying to reach your target instead of cc.
Rogue is atm reduced to a boring tunnelvision melee with no damage outside of major cooldowns to top it off, and the ramp-up thats been made mandatory via SV makes swaps a predictable joke. Not too fun =\
Theres a REASON Reckful, Neilyo, and Ayume all shelved their rogues.
I'll give it another try if they make some major changes since I don't want to stop playing the toon I'm known on, but the 5.1 'buffs' so far don't do anything for me.

Spriest is kinda fotm right now, but I'd been playing this toon pretty regularly for many months before MoP came out (coincidentally enough because rogue was too easy to kill everything as in s11 and wanted to try something new/harder) and really like the style, already experienced enough at it for 2200 as a non-fotm comp so it all works out.

TL;DR: zomg Virral rerolls cuz his class isnt godmode rls glad lololololol.
Edited by Virralqt on 11/6/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/06/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Palodious
Rogues are getting a buff in 5.1 from what I have heard/read/seen.

lowered sprint cd (lol cuz sprint is our main mobility, dont ya know)
lower blind cd (dont like this, game already has too many instant, undispellable cc's)
higher wound poison damage (k cool cuz thats a huge part of my damage but I guess they dont want any rogue buffs to have pve ramifications)
BoS energy cost 50 instead of 60 (still way too high and ShS is still better by far)

thats all of them, like I said I'm not the biggest fan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/06/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Palodious

They're taking away the shorter Sprint duration, Blind being reduced from 3 minutes to 90 seconds.

And Burst of Speed being buffed from costing 60 to 50 energy. These are major buffs that will clearly bring Rogues back to being your PvP masters.

Okay, so sarcasm doesn't translate well on text. But yeah, this class is incredibly gimped on mobility for PvP.

For PvE, so much of our damage comes from auto attacks now, it's kind of ridiculous how much we rely on sticking/tunneling on our target, or having CDs up for damage buff/burn phases. And then how incredibly reliant we are on having a quality main hand weapon. I'm staying dedicated to playing the Rogue though, unless we really start hitting bottom of the barrel in damage in raids, which should probably never happen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

They're taking away the shorter Sprint duration, Blind being reduced from 3 minutes to 90 seconds.

And Burst of Speed being buffed from costing 60 to 50 energy. These are major buffs that will clearly bring Rogues back to being your PvP masters.

Okay, so sarcasm doesn't translate well on text. But yeah, this class is incredibly gimped on mobility for PvP.

For PvE, so much of our damage comes from auto attacks now, it's kind of ridiculous how much we rely on sticking/tunneling on our target, or having CDs up for damage buff/burn phases. And then how incredibly reliant we are on having a quality main hand weapon. I'm staying dedicated to playing the Rogue though, unless we really start hitting bottom of the barrel in damage in raids, which should probably never happen.

Then whatever you do, don't pvp. Its emotionally painful.
Edited by Virralqt on 11/6/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ill still keep playing Rogue no matter how bad it gets but I know what you mean Virral Its the Same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER in Arena/bg's

It does hurt me head every now and then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Then whatever you do, don't pvp. Its emotionally painful.

I know. I tried arena for one day, found out if you don't have BoS, you get kited by everything, and everyone.
Reply Quote
Only Classes that kite me are mages and priest...Everything else just stands there as I kill it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
tip number 1# don't multi class or you shall not get gladiator stick to a class that's fun and good for your style
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/08/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Lumanni
tip number 1# don't multi class or you shall not get gladiator stick to a class that's fun and good for your style

I'm going to reply to this regardless of how ignorant and an obvious trollbait it is.

I can cite many rank 1 multiclassers if you'd like, since you have this idea that playing more than one class means you cant succeed.
Once you master pvp fundamentals and know what every class can do and when you should do certain things you can play any class at least decently with little experience.

Along with my rogue getting 2760 twice and glad every season through cata I played feral to 2400 twice and dk to 2350. I've played other classes before casually to high ratings; If I really dedicate to one particular toon I can get glad on it, trust me.
Furthermore my team's warlock(along with being 2900 exp and multiglad on it) has been a glad priest, ret paladin, and played mage in rmp to glad range on Rampage with me, and our shaman has a glad disc priest. Just to add to my argument.
Our team is already in mmr range anyway, we just need to actually play more than 30 mins a week.

Feel free to ignore this, although I like to feel like I have some credibility. This isn't trying to cover my own !@#$ since what you said has 0 weight behind it, I'm trying to teach you something. On that note, feel free to contact me in game with any rogue or general pvp questions you may have (I'm serious), I can help you get good enough to REALLY 1v1 me someday if you decide to.
Edited by Virralqt on 11/9/2012 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]