Monk Leveling

Hello and good morning!

So Basically What I'm Trying to do is run dungeons and quest at the same time but I keep running into issues to where I have to switch spec's and I do not want it to end to me switching each time a que pops. I Only enjoy healing and Was wondering if there was a way to que as healer and do quest as dps..

Sounds silly asking this but using Stance of the Fierce Tiger isn't really meant to be for dpsing is it?

Is there a way that i can quest as dps an que up as a healer and still be able to do both without having to switch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nope. I zone into a dungeon and simply say "Give me a few seconds to switch specs please." I've been ignored once, tank ran ahead and killed himself and had no choice but to wait for me at that point :) Dont worry about it, just change specs when you zone in, if a group can't wait the 3-6 seconds it takes to do that and get your mana, they shouldn't be playing and deserve the impatient deaths they bring on themselves.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
I just quested as mistweaver all the way to 90. I still do dailies as mistweaver. Just make big pulls and AoE them down with SCK and Chi Wave. And no, you don't use tiger stance as mistweaver, the benefit of mistweaver questing is the increased survivability and going into tiger stance removes that.
Edited by Lena on 10/17/2012 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just seems like alot of work to do just to get a few extra xp from quest.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Lena
I just quested as mistweaver all the way to 90. I still do dailies as mistweaver. Just make big pulls and AoE them down with SCK and Chi Wave. And no, you don't use tiger stance as mistweaver, the benefit of mistweaver questing is the increased survivability and going into tiger stance removes that.
Seeing as I'm not a lvl 46 yet I can't do SCK.
Reply Quote
15 Gnome Rogue
monks everywhere
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I quested the entire way as Mistweaver. Still am questing as Mistweaver for dailies actually.
Reply Quote
Suppose I'll Run as a healer class and quest as a healer till i get to 46 to be able to use SCK. Thanks

I'm Considering Changing my Race to a panda, What do y'all Think?
Edited by Mónk on 10/17/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Just quest in your healing spec. You do more than enough damage even in your healing stance to quest and with all the self healing from the damage you put out you should never die.
Edited by Razortusk on 10/17/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
10/17/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Mónk

At your level your mistweaver damage should be close to the damage you would do as windwalker. It's at later levels where your single target damage falls off, but you make up for that by making big AoE pulls.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Suppose I'll Run as a healer class and quest as a healer till i get to 46 to be able to use SCK. Thanks

I'm Considering Changing my Race to a panda, What do y'all Think?

I'm questing as a Mistweaver rather successfully :) You should have no troubles.

♥ Momo

I, personally, like non-Panda races for Monks :) The new animations are neat.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Lena

At your level your mistweaver damage should be close to the damage you would do as windwalker. It's at later levels where your single target damage falls off, but you make up for that by making big AoE pulls.
I see, Well I'm geared in all cloth so didn't know.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/17/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Mónk
I see, Well I'm geared in all cloth so didn't know.

When you are in your healing stance, half the damage you deal will come back to you as a heal. Being in cloth shouldn't matter.

I've see so many monk healers when leveling doing nothing but spam their heal. Your heal should just be an emergency heal, you should be dpsing to heal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I leveled as Brewmaster because it allowed me to pull more quest mobs and quest in higher level zones to get the job done faster.

I tanked every instance to 85 because it was faster and easier to get the quests done.

Now I heal instances and DPS dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
10/17/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Candybells
I zone into a dungeon and simply say "Give me a few seconds to switch specs please."

There is even a way to macro the announcement, the changing of the spec and the changing of the gear to one button.

/usetalents 1 (or "2" if that is your other spec)
/equipset healer (or whatever you call your heal set in the equipment manager)
/p Give me a few seconds to switch specs please.
Reply Quote
Well I can't really do much dps right now as a lvl 40 as i dont have SCK. So i just hang back an heal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/17/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Mónk
Well I can't really do much dps right now as a lvl 40 as i dont have SCK. So i just hang back an heal.

Spinning Crane Kick isn't the end all and be all of Monk DPS. I have topped DPS charts on my healer monk in cloth gear before getting SCK. Just learn your rotation, act and think like a DPS but keep your eye on health bars to throw a heal when you need to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]