Best Way to train pets?

97 Undead Priest
I just started pet battles this afternoon, I battled through some of Kalimdor's pet trainers. However after 8 levels or so I have decided I want to change my lineup.

Is there an easy way to level pets up? Or do I just have to grind through random critters
Reply Quote
Best way to to just capture pets and add them to your line-up. There are many pet types that have different levels (ie: 1, 8, 15), so by "trading up", you will get your pet back. This is for outdoor battles.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Priest
I considered that, but I have specific pets I want to add to my lineup like my Lil'Deathwing
Reply Quote
81 Human Priest
The fastest way is the Tramer Quests where you fight NPCs outside of that find an area where lil'Death can shine and murder murder murder. AFAIK There's no great spots for grinding magic typed wild pet so you won't ever really get Death's abilities to do extra damage. So just find somewhere and start grinding
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
I much prefer battling in the wild to fighting Tamers. Why? Partly because I'm not sure if I get poke-dollars, er, gold from winning against Tamers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well what I do is just have 2 powerfull undead 25's.

Then go pet battle stuff in pandaria, switch out ur low level after using a move and /%%@%*!*# the wild critters.

important part---> let undead die before finishing last critter, rez, kill critter, undead dies, all EXP which is like 800ish wil lbe sent to the low level pet.

This will get un into the high teens easy.

(also do this near a town so u can rez ur critters every few battles of course)
Reply Quote
97 Undead Priest
Thanks for all of the advice guys! I guess my only other question is if there are any really good pets I might focus on or think about catching to add to my team!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I am at level 10 where can i get my cindercat trained
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/13/2014 05:44 PMPosted by Luthrien

You should make your own thread instead of necro'ing this super old one. Read the other threads and visit warcraftpets.com and other pet resources for help.
Reply Quote
03/13/2014 05:44 PMPosted by Luthrien

What Vixie meant to say is that you need to speak to the Battle Pet Trainer in Stormwind. After you learn Pet Battling from her, you'll be able to level your pets, as well as capture wild ones.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, character level 10. Thought she meant pet level was 10.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Fastest way to level up pets is by fighting the fire pandaren spirit tamer, provided you didnt finish the quest, you can keep fighting it for phat exp. on average with exp buffs, saffari hat, you get a pet from 1-25 in 4 fights.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Most people will tell you to level via pet battle trainers.

I myself use the wild pet battle method. Have one pet you're trying to level with two 25 pets, at a high enough level to not get one-shot by whatever you're battling. Attack once, then switch out.

I had a bunch of level 14-16 pets this morning, and I used that method while I was farming for rare pets on Isle of Thunder.

To be honest, the trainers are probably more efficient, but I feel more productive this way, since I just go anywhere that I need a rare wild pet of and level pets that are appropriate.
Edited by Krigjer on 3/17/2014 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is a "for later" suggestion once you have a good collection of pets.

So far the fastest way I have found if not making use of placing alts is a mix of wild and tamer battles:

1. For pets below level 10: Wild battles against 24-25 level enemies. 1-4 battles to level 10/11
2. For pets above level 23: Wild battles against 24-25 level enemies: 1-4 battles to level 25
3. For lowest level pets that are at least level 10/11: Safari Hat + 25% Food Buff + 50% food buff. Kill all pandaria tamers (Regular and spirit), then all Northrend and Cata Tamers until buffs run out.
4. For highest level pets that are 23 or lower: Safari Hat + 25% buff. Kill all pandaria tamers (regular and spirit), then all Northrend and Cata Tamers until the 25% buff runs out.

However, that system assumes you have enough pets to kill all the tamers quickly (check the 5.4 guide at warcraftpets.com to see what is fast).

03/15/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Arkännus
Fastest way to level up pets is by fighting the fire pandaren spirit tamer, provided you didnt finish the quest, you can keep fighting it for phat exp. on average with exp buffs, saffari hat, you get a pet from 1-25 in 4 fights.

There's been posts indicating this was hotfixed away. I can't verify fhough as I have already completed them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]