The Walking Dead: Season 3, Episode 1

90 Human Warlock
11/04/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Spencer
That was a damn sad episode.. Sucks they killed of T-Dog when he was getting good.

That's how you knew he was going to die. He would do 1 thing per ep & that would save him until the next one.

Then he did many things & mattered in this one.

That was the "Well, he's dead" hint.

Still surprised they offed Lori like that, I expected her to last at least another ep.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
As much as I disliked Lori, that scene was heartbreaking, especially when Rick realizes what Carl had to do.

T-Dog I never really cared about. His death might have had more impact if they actually gave him a character, but they let him stay in the background so long he became a joke, which trivialized his death.

I'd say Lori is now tied with Sophia for best death scene/reveal.

They need to stop spinning the wheels on the Andrea storyline, it's getting boring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/04/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Nunepi
They need to stop spinning the wheels on the Andrea storyline, it's getting boring.

I want her gone.

She's not interesting, & my caring for her died long before Dale ever did.

DAAAAAALLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE
Edited by Killercaitie on 11/4/2012 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I absolutely despise Andrea. She is by far the most uninteresting character in the entire series. Whenever it cuts to her, I just roll my eyes and walk out the room. Which bugs me because she's at the center of a very interesting storyline. Ever since she almost killed Daryl because she's so trigger happy, I've been waiting for her death.

Seeing T-Dog getting bit was a "meh" moment. Most underdeveloped character I've seen in a long time. Who really cared for him?

Lori's death was a shock, never expected a big character to die this early in the season. Even though I didn't like her, it was sad seeing how Rick reacted.

Now kill off Glenn and Andrea please.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Note to self:

Don't check this thread until after I've watched the show. Spoilers much? Holy crap.

I have already watched it twice... just sayin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Shane was far from a nice guy, but I would argue that he would've been kinder to the guy who ran with a headshot or something quick, rather than leaving him to be eaten like Rick.

Rick at least gave him a fighting chance and I guess it paid off, cuz here he was, trying to get even.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Now kill off Glenn and Andrea please.

What did Glenn ever do to deserve to die?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/04/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Asthoriam
Rick at least gave him a fighting chance and I guess it paid off, cuz here he was, trying to get even.

Granted it's been 2 weeks since I saw that episode, but I could have sworn there were screams like the guy was being eaten. Kind of threw me off to see him tonight doing just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/04/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Nunepi

Granted it's been 2 weeks since I saw that episode, but I could have sworn there were screams like the guy was being eaten. Kind of threw me off to see him tonight doing just fine.

Yeah I remember the screams too and I thought he was a goner, guess not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/04/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Aronna
Now kill off Glenn
No.

I like Glenn, he may live.

Andrea needs to go.

Murel or however you spell it is also quickly becoming one of my favorites. He's good at being a creep.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/04/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Murel or however you spell it is also quickly becoming one of my favorites. He's good at being a creep.

The guy playing Merle is doing a good job of walking the line between sleezy creep and honorable rogue. Seems like his character can go either way, going to be interesting to see which way he tips.

The little Liam Neeson playing the governor seems like he is doing a good job also. I love the facial tic he had when he was lying to Merle.

I hope they give that Michonne character a good chunk of dialogue soon. As it is now, she is T-Dog 2.0, always standing in the background looking angry.
Edited by Nunepi on 11/5/2012 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/04/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Now kill off Glenn
No.

Andrea needs to go.

I really like Merle, can't wait to see his reunion with Daryl.

Glenn on the other hand bugs me. He is completely whipped, no say what so ever, he just does as he's told. When he finally grows a spine I might actually start to like him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Glenn on the other hand bugs me. He is completely whipped, no say what so ever, he just does as he's told.

Now if that were true the group would have never found out about the walkers in the barn in season 2.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
11/04/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Asthoriam

When I watched that episode, the captions were on. One of the described sounds was 'zombies tearing flesh'.

I agree that Andrea is being a twit, but her stupidity is actually saving their lives. I figure as soon as they get ready to leave, the Governor will have them killed.

One thing that concerns me. You don't actually see Carl shooting Lori...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Aronna
No.

Andrea needs to go.

I really like Merle, can't wait to see his reunion with Daryl.

Glenn on the other hand bugs me. He is completely whipped, no say what so ever, he just does as he's told. When he finally grows a spine I might actually start to like him.

Bleh merle was always a scum bag, i was hoping he'd be gone from the series. Daryl already has the role of honorable rogue and merle definitely doesn't compare to daryl.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/05/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Rictras
One thing that concerns me. You don't actually see Carl shooting Lori...

After thinking about this a little more while talking to some others about it, I don't think the producers/writers are going to try bringing her back as some sort of trick, "she never got shot!"

Maggie was going to just leave with the baby when Carl stopped her saying they had to put her down. Why would he say anything and then fake the shooting? Seems overly complicated. He could have just left with Maggie nice and quiet if he didn't want to shoot her.

I am guessing they just didn't show the act to try to keep it more emotional. Having brainsplatter#48 would have made it too similar to just another walker being taken out.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage

Maggie was going to just leave with the baby when Carl stopped her saying they had to put her down. Why would he say anything and then fake the shooting? Seems overly complicated. He could have just left with Maggie nice and quiet if he didn't want to shoot her.

Carl has done stupid things in the past. I'm not saying it is going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if he faked the shooting hoping he could find a way to cure zombism and help her later. Of course, he would have put some sort of restraint on her, leading to her eventual escape and endangerment of the other survivors.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/05/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rictras
Carl has done stupid things in the past. I'm not saying it is going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if he faked the shooting hoping he could find a way to cure zombism and help her later. Of course, he would have put some sort of restraint on her, leading to her eventual escape and endangerment of the other survivors.

I could easily see something like that happening on any other show/movie, but I have a hard time believing the writers of this show would be that lazy and or cheap. It would be too predictable, which this show seems to steer away from.

Of course, most of the other people I have talked to seem to think Carl did something like you suggest, so maybe I am wrong 8)
Edited by Nunepi on 11/5/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
[quote]

When I watched that episode, the captions were on. One of the described sounds was 'zombies tearing flesh'.

I agree that Andrea is being a twit, but her stupidity is actually saving their lives. I figure as soon as they get ready to leave, the Governor will have them killed.

One thing that concerns me. You don't actually see Carl shooting Lori...[/
quote]

YES!!! I realized that too. I have a feeling that maybe she isnt "dead"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]