The Walking Dead: Season 3, Episode 1

90 Human Warlock
11/15/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Pundead
The zombie was bloated beyond belief, and a zombie who had been trapped in that prison for 10 months wouldn't have had much to eat. There was a blood path leading towards the walker from where Lori was laying down. As Nunepi said, one of the producers made mention of it. I also forget what role he was, but one of the people that was on The Talking Dead after made reference to Lori being eaten by that Zombie.

You can't eat an entire person, bones & all, without being able to digest. Zombies also can't chew very well, & it's not like they pick up the bones & hide them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, zombie phone.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
(latest episode spoilers)

Yeah, I figured Carol was still alive.

The longer it doesn't conclusively show what happened to Lori, the more I'm convinced we'll see her again, in one form or another.

I hold out the faint hope that Andrea is being smart for once, and having relations with the Governor in an attempt to gain information or an advantage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Rictras
I hold out the faint hope that Andrea is being smart for once, and having relations with the Governor in an attempt to gain information or an advantage.

My hope for that is so low right now.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I take back what I said about Merle, there is no middle ground, he is a scumbag.

Was expecting a little more with the whole phone ringing tease, but it worked as a way of showing just how nuts Rick was I suppose.

Hershel makes a better old wise man than Dale ever did.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Nunepi
Was expecting a little more with the whole phone ringing tease, but it worked as a way of showing just how nuts Rick was I suppose.

I was really hopping the man & his son from season 1 would have had something to do with the call.

But when Hershal came in & looked at the phone I knew right there that it was a "This doesn't work" look.

He also gave my new favorite line. "I'm a ghost from the knee down." LEG GHOST!

Seriously, are we ever going to get an update on the guys from season 1 or are they just dead & we never get an end for that?
Reply Quote
You talking about Morgan and his son, Caitie? If so, I have a feeling we will be seeing them again sometime this season!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes. Michonne finally joins.

Also Andrea such a dumb blonde. Must she hop on everything and hump it?
First Shane, now the Governor?

Seriously, are we ever going to get an update on the guys from season 1 or are they just dead & we never get an end for that?

You mean Morgan & Duane?
Well if they go according to the comic, then yes. But its only gonna be 1 of them.
Edited by Honeypot on 11/19/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
21 Undead Warlock
@Honeypot, please change that last bit of your post there to something that isn't a huge spoiler.

As for the latest episode, I thought it was well done. Like most everyone else here, I hate Andrea. I hate her so much. I hate her more than Jaina Proudmoore and that's a lot. Anyway...I'm glad they finally started to do SOMETHING with Woodbury, as now there will be conflict between them and the main group.

When the phone calls were going on with Rick, I knew what was happening once Jim was talking, but I thought maybe Rick would get a call from all of the people he has lost, and figure it out around Dale's phone call. That would have been pretty cool, in my opinion. The conversation with Shane would have been the highlight of the episode. I do, however, love how he realized he was going nuts near the end of his call with Lori.

Speaking of which, I respect that people are still holding out for Zombie Lori, but this episode pretty much solidified in my mind even more that it wasn't going to happen.

Can't wait to see what Michonne is like with the new group, I think she's going to be a good addition.

This has been Pundead's thoughts. Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You mean Morgan & Duane?
Well if they go according to the comic, then yes. But its only gonna be 1 of them.

I avoid the comic on purpose. That way when the show is over I can go read the comic & enjoy the differences without having expectations.

So hopefully since they do reappear in the comic the show writers might add them back too!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
11/20/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Pundead
Can't wait to see what Michonne is like with the new group, I think she's going to be a good addition.

That last scene with her at the fence was great 8) Just ignoring the walkers like they were nothing, boring holes into Rick with her eyes.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
The show is starting to go downhill rapidly, in my opinion. The last few episodes have been hogwash. Rick's manic episodes have been hilarious, but the writing, overall, just seems to continuously get worse. I'll back a critic, in that, the characters are stale and predictable and the show just feels like filler now; it's almost as if the writers are getting bored with it.

Character like Michonne, is just out of place. It's all turning into one big circus, and a cartoon at that.
Edited by Nethekurse on 11/20/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
11/20/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Nethekurse
I'll back a critic, in that, the characters are stale and predictable and the show just feels like filler now; it's almost as if the writers are getting bored with it.

I will agree the characters are predictable, but I like that. I would argue that means the writers are doing a good job if they have fleshed out the characters so well that it feels like we know them and can guess how they are going to react to any given situation. The unpredictability should come from the situations the characters are placed in, not the characters' reaction.

I will also agree that the Michonne character seems out of place. Pretty much everybody else seems like a normal person you might know in RL, but she is straight out of an over-the-top action movie. I can see how that might have been fine for a comic, but played on tv this way is a little goofy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/20/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Nunepi
I can see how that might have been fine for a comic, but played on tv this way is a little goofy.

Same goes for Captain Hook, er I mean Merle. I was amused with him, but the stabby arm seems kinda silly as well.

11/20/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Nethekurse
Rick's manic episodes have been hilarious

I've watched the "OOOOOOH NOOOOOOOO" scene from him so many times, & it just continues to make me laugh every damn time.

It's supposed to be an upsetting moment yet that face & the "ooooh nooooo" just makes me crack up.

Sad Rick face needs to be a t-shirt all of right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/20/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Sad Rick face needs to be a t-shirt all of right now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Being a Father myself I couldn't imagine losing my wife so traumatically. I think he did a brilliant job in emoting his disbelief grief and sadness, for himself and mostly for his son. Brought a tear to this ol dk's eye :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://www.the-filmreel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/walking_dead_s03_e04_01.jpg

Sad Rick face is best face.
Reply Quote
43 Dwarf Hunter
Glad to see Carol is back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm pretty surprised at how racist they are letting Merle be in the show... how is it not getting the censors in an uproar? o_o
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Kind of a slow setup episode, but to be expected with the mid season finale next week.

Felt kind of sorry for the nutty loner, he was just minding his own business taking a nap when a group of people bust in and kill him.

Daryl complaining about the smell in the cabin, was that the first time anybody has said anything about smells in the show? I can't remember any other times, but it seems like they would be used to horrible smells by now with all the rotting bodies they have had to deal with 8)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]