The Walking Dead: Season 3, Episode 1

43 Dwarf Hunter
governor creeps me out man. that dude ain't right . . .
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
When the crazy cabin dude was getting eaten, then kept zooming in closer and closer on his guts, then then it cuts straight to a KFC commercial! That was awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
"But ya got the short hair"

I can't stop laughing, oh man I can't stop laughing.

MY LUNGS! THEY HURT! BAHAHAHAA!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Jon Bernthal's brief cameo in this episode reminded me of how much I miss Shane.

The show just hasn't been quite the same without him. :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool, they finally brought Tyreese. :)

And once again Andrea is still acting like a dumb blonde.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Jon Bernthal's brief cameo in this episode reminded me of how much I miss Shane.

Agreed. They coulda used him in that kind of situation.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
Cool, they finally brought Tyreese. :)

Yeah, this episode fairly much ended my hope that she has been acting dumb on purpose. Now everything the Governor does is on her head.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Rictras
Yeah, this episode fairly much ended my hope that she has been acting dumb on purpose. Now everything the Governor does is on her head.

Eeeeyup.

I had seriously hoped Michonne would have stabbed her in the face.

This set up better just be a cliffhanger because they are NOT allowed to kill off Daryl. >:l
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
So they traded Daryl and the big guy whose name I can't remember for Glenn and Maggie. Doesn't seem worth it. Great episode though, love the Governor's new glass eye 8)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Merle's gonna end up being a good guy and probably sacrificing himself to save Daryl.

CALLING IT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/28/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Jamboro
When the crazy cabin dude was getting eaten, then kept zooming in closer and closer on his guts, then then it cuts straight to a KFC commercial! That was awesome.

Hah, I thought the same thing!! Ewww...

12/02/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Honeypot

Andrea seems to have a thing for men of action but of questionable character (like Shane). Some women just prefer the bad boys.

12/02/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Killercaitie
This set up better just be a cliffhanger because they are NOT allowed to kill off Daryl. >:l

Agreed. :-/
Edited by Petrovka on 12/3/2012 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/02/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Nunepi
So they traded Daryl and the big guy whose name I can't remember for Glenn and Maggie. Doesn't seem worth it. Great episode though, love the Governor's new glass eye 8)

Oscar?

Also why did they have to make Axel (is that it?) a creeper?

I lost it at the lesbian bit, but did they need to make him a creeper? D:
Reply Quote
43 Dwarf Hunter
Governor is gonna kill Daryl and Meryl
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
It was nice seeing Shane again. Rick slowly going crazy is the best/funniest part about the show right now.

Possible spoilers:

Not all characters die exactly like their comic counterparts (e.g.; Dale, Shane, Lori, though some of them die in similar situations, and some characters might take over another character's role). The second half of season 3 is where even more will go down, at the prison. It will likely be Woodbury vs. Prison.

In the comic, Tyreese dies by being decapitated by the Governor. Since Tyreese has now joined the story, I can almost see Daryl leaving with Merle; things will never work out between Rick's group and Merle, with Daryl right in the middle ... it would be an endless conflict, but I suppose that new dynamic would make for some good entertainment for the rest of this story arc.
Edited by Nethekurse on 12/3/2012 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
12/03/2012 02:45 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Oscar?

That's it. Poor Oscar, dying for some people he barely knew.

While this episode was great, after thinking about it a little more, it didn't quite reach the bar last year's midseason finale set with the Sophia reveal and Rick putting her down. That was heartbreaking. This episode was more action oriented, not so much emotion.

For my predictions, I agree with whoever said Meryl is going to die saving Daryl. Axel is going to die in the coup attempt by the new group at the prison. Andrea is going to die sometime this season, no way Rick's group would take her back now.
Reply Quote
21 Undead Warlock
12/03/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Nunepi
no way Rick's group would take her back now

Would she even want to? She saw that one of the 'terrorists' was Daryl and just sat there being Andrea. Didn't say anything, didn't do anything. She's so stupid I can't take it.

12/02/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Rictras
Yeah, this episode fairly much ended my hope that she has been acting dumb on purpose.

I don't know how you had that hope to begin with. They focused so much on the fallout between Michonne and Andrea that having Andrea try to get information on the Governor just wouldn't make sense. Plus, she's too stupid.

12/02/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Pandabearr
Merle's gonna end up being a good guy and probably sacrificing himself to save Daryl.

This, though I don't know how it will play out. Given the fact that Rick's small group is still just outside the town, I think that they'll go back in for Daryl. The previews for the 'next-time' really pushed me to believe that.

12/02/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Viral

I agree. His character was getting a bit silly, but if he hadn't wanted to leave the show they could have really drawn out his turn to crazy-town.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
12/03/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Pundead
Would she even want to? She saw that one of the 'terrorists' was Daryl and just sat there being Andrea. Didn't say anything, didn't do anything. She's so stupid I can't take it.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I got the feeling she is maybe starting to see how things really are. She knows Daryl and has to know he wouldn't just turn bad guy for no reason. She let Michonne go instead of shooting her, and in some small corner of her mind has had to piece together the fact that Michonne and Daryl were working together.

She has seen the Gov's head collection and the zombie daughter also, so she has to start realizing he may not be totally sane. She also looked pretty troubled when the Gov turned on Meryl and Daryl. If I had to guess who offs Andrea, it would be the Governor. He is going to turn on her the same way he turned on Meryl if she starts to question his actions.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/03/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Pundead

I agree she is stupid although I wouldn't say that specific scene was an act of stupidity. If she spoke up then she would most likely get thrown in with them and she couldn't really fight back, not at that point at least.

I felt sorry for the governor when michonne killed Penny and I still feel sorry for him. Maybe its just me but nothing he has done has made me think of him as some bad guy.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
12/03/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Hiroran
Maybe its just me but nothing he has done has made me think of him as some bad guy.

The cold blooded murder of the national guard guys, and using the threat of assault on Maggie should qualify 8)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I didn't see anything terribly wrong with either.
The national guard slaughter, I saw that more about him being threatened by an armed group of trained men and not wanting to even risk the dangers that inviting would involve.

Maggie situation,
He had no intentions other than to scare/threaten her to try and get information. I saw what meryl did as far worse to Glenn as he attempted to kill Glenn.

Yes I think he is kind of a douche, but he is intelligent. Its the stupid actions that bother me
Edited by Hiroran on 12/3/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]