My hope that new models will....

90 Night Elf Monk
10/16/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Melyria
As long as Night Elf women become better looking, and more bouncy. They seem really stiff when they do that bounce thing.

They need to remove the bounce entirely.

I can't possibly understand why. Night Elf women are supposed to be cute, aren't they?
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Rogue
10/16/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Zhouliang

I can't possibly understand why. Night Elf women are supposed to be cute, aren't they?

Because Night Elf women are supposed to be ferocius, not be eyecandy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/16/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Zhouliang

No. No they're not.

They're supposed to be semi-feral.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

No. No they're not.

So that's why they added a couple of cute anime hairstyles back in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

No. No they're not.

I don't know about you but anime scares me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

I don't know about you but anime scares me.

all I can think about is that one comic from The Punchline is Machismo where the guy says "that's a fully grown woman pulling off pigtails. Her craziness is off the charts."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't mind the bounce only because I like to think of night elves as always ready to move or spring into action but maybe just not so often. It's hard to look serious when you're doing that all the time.

I still prefer it to the belf "I hate being here" idle animation.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Paladin
I really hope they touch up the draenei models a little bit. I know BC races aren't necessarily a priority at the moment but... I love my draenei :<
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't mind the bounce only because I like to think of night elves as always ready to move or spring into action but maybe just not so often. It's hard to look serious when you're doing that all the time.

I still prefer it to the belf "I hate being here" idle animation.

But the -angst-!

At least the scowl has a bit of expression to it.

I really hope they touch up the draenei models a little bit. I know BC races aren't necessarily a priority at the moment but... I love my draenei :<

Spacegoat + blood elf models do still have a few issues. Hands, for one. You guys have hooves so at least you don't need to see the bad foot work (dohoho).

But think of the poor humans and night elves!
Edited by Lellex on 10/16/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

-Aspects talk about the Well, GOEL GOEL makes them forget about it.-
It-its not like I want my eternity back anyway, b-baka!
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Paladin
10/16/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Lellex
Spacegoat + blood elf models do still have a few issues. Hands, for one. You guys have hooves so at least you don't need to see the bad foot work (dohoho).

Watching a draenei mount a horse is painful to watch, not to mention makes their backs curve ridiculously forward.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'd prefer a more angular, feral look to them though. The bounce is obvious it's appealing to a sexual view, not a woodland elf appearance. I'd prefer a longer nose, angular features, a bit more solid, fangs, claws, messier hair (leaves, debris) options. That's what I want.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/16/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Solinii

Watching a draenei mount a horse is painful to watch, not to mention makes their backs curve ridiculously forward.

I wasn't going to mention the rather... interesting take on the body shape, just the obviously ugly areas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/16/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Björn
We all know there wont be any new models
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Brack: Yeah. Every BlizzCon, someone will ask in our open Q&A about what’s the plan for that. That’s something we definitely want to do. Talking about it being a balancing act… I feel like changing players’ characters and how that works is very fundamental. It’s very core. It’s very dangerous. It’s very scary. My favorite story about this is, we had a… The human female. This is years and years ago, in the Burning Crusade days. We released a patch, and there was something different with the human female character model in the patch. The forums were on fire. “Oh my God! It looks so terrible! It looks awful!”

We looked back in the changelog because we didn’t even know what’s going on. What happened was, a tech artist had gone through and he had fixed the right eyelid blinking. The right eyelid would blink, and the lid would invert whenever it blinked. He changed it. He moved one vertice up just a little bit, so now it’s blinking right. Great. Fixed. Move on to the next thing. He didn’t think anything of it.

You’d look at the forums and you’d think we killed a baby. “Oh my God, they changed everything!” No, really, we changed one vertice that you probably can’t even notice. But it’s amazing how people gravitated on to that. Because that’s their character.

RPS: Yeah. It’s really fascinating. People spend thousands of hours with these characters, soaking up every last detail.

Brack: And it is them, in some regard, right? There’s definitely a kind of personification that happens for a lot of players. To change who they are is pretty serious. That is definitely something we want to do. It has all those challenges. It has all those problems. But it’s definitely something we want to do. You look at the pandaren, or even a goblin, and you compare them to the human, which is I think the first character that we ever made in the game, or the tauren… It’s pretty sad.

And then Burning Crusade, we’ve talked about that as well. There was a while where Burning Crusade was the best thing we’d ever done. Now it’s the worst thing we’ve ever done, because everything else has raised the level, with Cataclysm. It’s definitely on the list of things we’d like to do, but we haven’t talked about doing it quite yet.

Quote is from RockPaperShotgun's interview with WoW's production director J. Allen Brack. Thought it was pertinent to the whole WoW character model discussion. It also raises a good point on how attached we are - I remember folks flipping out about the ever so slight change to human females.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
...My face..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/16/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Melyria
As long as Night Elf women become better looking, and more bouncy. They seem really stiff when they do that bounce thing.

Shut yo' mouth.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oh hey Avarus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/16/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Raistlinn
...My face..

<:|
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
As long as they just tweak up the polygon count for blood elves Ill be happy.

And give female blood elves an actual /salute, and make our weapons bigger. Female humans are the same size as female blood elves and yet there weapons are huge -.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]