My hope that new models will....

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I only went Pandaren because of the lack of new model updates.

It doesn't help Blizzard went back on their promise of having been working on the new models, saying now they never actually started.
And where exactly did you find this out?
Reply Quote

It doesn't help Blizzard went back on their promise of having been working on the new models, saying now they never actually started.
And where exactly did you find this out?

^

I think I would like to know where (if) this was said.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior

I don't believe they EVER started saying they never started.

Because they've spoken about their progress.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
My hope is that someday tabards will come back on the armory.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter

Yeah, I noticed this too. It's quite annoying... every time they're asked about new models, they have a different answer.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter

Their most recent statements say something to the effect of "We have a small team looking into the feasability of updating character models and what would be required to do so" whereas less than a year ago, they were saying "Humans, Orcs and Dwarves are the first to be done, but I can't promise they'll be ready for MoP".
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Hunter
As for people being too attached to the old models, they'll do exactly what SOE did when they updated EverQuest's character models... there will be a switch in the options menu to switch between the old and new.
Reply Quote
I am looking forward to troll dames getting an overhaul. It's long overdue, and everyone knows I've been Lo'landa since World of Warcraft was born. Always a troll.

I use the in-game appearance as a sort of 'base' template when people look at her.
All her armour, her hairstyle, et cetera is correct when you see her while roleplaying. However, my drawings depict her actual facial appearance, height, weight, and so on to how I envision her.

For example, the face you see in my icon? I only used it because every female troll tends to use the 'cutesy' face but that didn't suit Lo'landa as she's not cutesy patootsy. She's a tribal, feral woman who's opinions on beauty differ greatly from, say, the elves. The game will NEVER depict her exactly how I want her, but I accept this and use my imagination to fill in the blanks - as I believe every roleplayer should for their own looks.

Change is good and extremely needed, in my own personal opinion. I know others will have trouble transitioning, but damn:

I WANT TO BLINK.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
I love all Forsaken models. I will be extremely hesitant about any changes they make. I hope the hunch stays.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

To me, the /salute animation looks more like a /flipoff animation.

But that's just me.

...t-that'swhyilikeit.

Make Blood Elf /rude the flippant gesture. Make /salute a real salute.

Night Elf females, probably the one model that has the most dissonance between what we see and what we're told. A race of feral, predatory females... who flail around like 6 year olds when you /clap, /nod, /no, /cheer, /cower. Not to mention the bounce.

Really, its sad that the female Blood Elves provide a better example of warrior-esque emotes than the Night Elf females. Not saying Blood Elf females can't be militant, just that Night Elf females are far more defined by that position. The only thing Night Elf females have more seriously than Blood Elf females is /salute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/17/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Valdrick
I love all Forsaken models. I will be extremely hesitant about any changes they make. I hope the hunch stays.

Really, I'd say lessen the hunch on Orcs a lot (Make them more like Thrall or Garrosh from WC3 art), Tauren (Just a bit, the hump is far too promient) and Forsaken (again, just a tiny bit so they're not almost horizonal).

Edit: -flips table- Meant to put this into my previous post via edit.
Edited by Melyria on 10/17/2012 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior

Their most recent statements say something to the effect of "We have a small team looking into the feasability of updating character models and what would be required to do so" whereas less than a year ago, they were saying "Humans, Orcs and Dwarves are the first to be done, but I can't promise they'll be ready for MoP".

... Basically, as unlinked as ever within Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I do really like our /bow but really /salute and /bow is it. The /nod makes me cringe and the /clap combined with it is revolting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't know if new models will fix it, but the clipping on 90% of Male Blood Elf Hairstyles through helms that don't cover the entire head. And other races hairstyles, while we are at it.

IT IS SO ANNOYING.
Edited by Taethir on 10/17/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
51 Goblin Shaman
10/17/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Calmai
More varied choices for skin tone, including darker brown and slight pink/purple? Assuming the elf comes from a shorter bloodline or is older.

Agreed. I would love to be able to make my BE's skin slightly purple-ish.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Orc females are perfect in every way.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Mage
Night elf hands..... /shudder
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
As great as this wishlist is, don't expect for the race skeletons to be fundamentally changed. The Horde races will still hunch, humans will still look like beefcake gorillas.

And don't expect the core of the animations to change. Night elves will still act like anime girls and fanservice, sadly.

I'm expecting the new models to be the same things except with more polygons, expressions, more crisp looking, improved skeletons, improved animations, and glitch fixes. Note, skeleton and animation improvements does not mean completely re doing them.

Not trying to sound like a know it all, just that Blizz seems reluctant to make big changes to them. It is better to not get one's hopes up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's quite sad really...

We all know there wont be any new models :<

Until WoW 2 release
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]