Galleon Spawn Times

90 Draenei Mage
This thread is to keep track of Galleon's Spawns! Please post the time and day you saw him, even if you were not the one who killed him. Thanks

Information:

Galleon
Level 91 Beast (Boss)
259.173 - 300.727 Damage
24.840 Armor
261,682,208 Health

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62346#encounter

Wednesday October 17th - 3:40 PM Server Time

Saturday October 20th - 6:31 PM Server Time.

Tuesday October 23rd - 10:48 AM Server Time (After restart)

Sunday: October 28th - 12:20 AM Server Time

Tuesday October 30th - 10:50 AM Server Time (After restart)

Thursday November 1st - 6:35 AM Server Time (After Maintenance)

Monday November 5th - 10:25 PM Server Time

Wednesday November 7th - 5:05 PM Server Time ( I know 7 hrs before supposed spawn time trying to find facts about this update soon)

Saturday November 10th - 7:37 AM Server Time (After Restart)

Tuesday November 13th - 1:40 PM Server Time (After Maintenance)

Thursday November 22nd - 7:45 PM Server Time

Sunday November 25th - 2:05 PM Server Time

***Next Spawn Window is "Who Knows"***

Plz send me a ingame mail with times and i will try and keep this thread upto date with date and time of Spawn
Edited by Legan on 11/27/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
*RESERVED*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
*RESERVED*
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Well no more naps for me >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Saturday October 20th - 6:31 PM Server time.

Big shout-out for NCP for their work facilitating that kill for over a hundred of us.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
To go into detail about tag sharing:

If you have a tag on galleon (name appears red), you can drop group & invite anyone to your group, and they will get the tag after hitting galleon a few times. You can also join an already formed raid, and they will all get the tag.

When Galleon spawned, I instantly formed a group of 40, and we got the tag. From there, I dropped group, and formed 2 more groups of 40 each, spreading the tag.

So hopefully for future kills we can spread the tag better. If you see me on during a Galleon kill, just whisper me "invite", and my addon should throw you an invite.
Edited by Manager on 10/20/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If I remember right, the sha of anger and galleon will only drop a total of 6 pieces of loot. Who gets the loot is determined LFR style, but nonetheless, 6 pieces. So when you spread the tag from 40 people to 100 people, you've just greatly reduced everyone's shot at a piece of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That kind of claim needs some supporting information, I don't remember reading anything about that.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
We might have loot work slightly differently on the two world bosses since they appear at different frequencies. In general world bosses work exactly like LFR. If you want to invite everyone in the area into the raid, it won't diminish your chance to get loot. The only reason to not invite people is if you want to be a jerk for some reason.

We considered that approach, but were concerned that it would pressure groups into killing a boss with the smallest group possible. Theoretically if you killed a boss with 5 characters, then each would win loot and you would be motivated not to invite friends or strangers. We went with a model where the number of characters has no bearing on whether you win loot or not.

The game decides who is going to get loot. Each player has a small and independent chance to win loot.

It starts at the first player and rolls a number from 1-100. If it rolls <5, you win loot. Then it goes to the next player. The game doesn't care what any individual player rolled, so once under a blue moon it might be possible for all 25 to get loot. (The actual chance might not be 5%, but you get the idea.)

This is why there is no concept of passing or anything else, because whether you win loot or not has no bearing on whether other players win loot.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/228799-the-new-lfr-roll-system-sucks/

Also, another thing to note for people new to the system: It is based off of the spec you kill him as, so make sure to be in the correct spec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So you mean the people in the "extra" group can get loot too?

Hnnnggng.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
afaik horde has yet to have had a Galleon kill..
Here's to hoping someone horde will prove me wrong because not having a weekly chance at 496 loot for our raiders is kind of a setback for progression!

Done ranting
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Sunday: 10-28-12 / 12:20am PST

Another thing to note for tag sharing: The tag will appear to be grey until you attack the boss a few times.
Edited by Manager on 10/28/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
afaik horde has yet to have had a Galleon kill..
Here's to hoping someone horde will prove me wrong because not having a weekly chance at 496 loot for our raiders is kind of a setback for progression!

Done ranting

Blame Dunder Mifflin for that one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/28/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Seraphimilim

Wait, how is that our fault? We can't help that Alliance camp the spawn point nearly 24-7.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/28/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Songs

Wait, how is that our fault? We can't help that Alliance camp the spawn point nearly 24-7.

Forum drama - You know the deal.
Alliance still brings it up from time to time and they want to make sure a few certain people never get the kill - I've seen the specific names used as well.

I see it during Sha kills too when they see members of your guild around.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Most of DM has a kill (I have the helm). Not our fault that NCP decided to make up a story about us taunt griefing them, then taunted our 2nd kill to reset it. If alliance some how think they've been wronged in the whole exchange, I find that incredibly laughable. Some serious mental gymnastics at work there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Forum drama - You know the deal.
Alliance still brings it up from time to time and they want to make sure a few certain people never get the kill - I've seen the specific names used as well.

I see it during Sha kills too when they see members of your guild around.

Ew, lets not get into that mess again. In fact, let us never mention it again. EVER.

I don't have a kill Smallish. Why's that? Oh, because you guys wouldn't invite me! /grumble grumble
Edited by Songs on 10/29/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
poor songs :(

ur avatar looks like its in a constant state of disbelief haha :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Cause its looking at your face! <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]