The Stalwart Guardian: A Guide to Protection

90 Tauren Warrior
Curious, I see some of you all have Dragon Roar over Shockwave. Why would you pick a talent that is a non threat talent. If they have changed it and it has become a threat talent is it now over Shockwave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/07/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kuamudu
Curious, I see some of you all have Dragon Roar over Shockwave. Why would you pick a talent that is a non threat talent. If they have changed it and it has become a threat talent is it now over Shockwave.

11/19/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Waniou
Just fyi, the Dragon Roar not generating threat is a bug, though I have no idea when Blizzard plan to get around to fixing it.

It's supposed to generate threat. I don't know if the bug has been fixed.
Edited by Rolas on 12/7/2012 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You have Glyph of Heavy Repercussions wrong. It is 50%, not 10.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kuamudu

Threat bug should be fixed now.

Even if it isn't, there isn't a big need for AoE threat or stuns in the current raids, and Dragon Roar is more overall damage and fewer GCDs per fight than Shockwave.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ok fewer GCDs but isn't it nice to have that quick cool down of the shockwave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'll take shockwave on trash any day just for the stun it provides. I use it as a defensive CD for all trash packs. That moment of stun helps the healers.

On bosses, as usual, shockwave vs dragonroar all depends on the fight. On stonedogs I'll use dragon roar, on feng I use dragon roar. On garajal I use shockwave (yes, you can shockwave in the spirit realm to stun/interrupt the spirits in there). On spirit kings its dragon roar. On elegon, shockwave.

There is no right answer to which build because its all fight dependent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Definitely fight dependent, although the threat generation fix helps. I still tend to favor shockwave.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Ochron
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/08/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Ochron

Sorry, I thought I corrected this the other day! Should read properly now! I also added some further discussion and clarified some areas. Hope this guide is continuing to help people.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So is it now counter productive to hard cap expertise?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Yeah, you would significantly lose out on more important stats if you tried to hard cap expertise, it would be completely unnecessary.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
up must be at the top sticky requested good start for a guide
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
This should totally get a sticky...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
bump...please stickyyyyy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
bumb...sticky plz
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
A sticky would be helpful
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I just hit 90 leveling as Arms the entire way, so I have zero tanking gear.

Where do I start?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]