Alpha Models (as options!) for Worgen

86 Worgen Warrior
10/20/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Jessebella
They are in the game files though; I can pull them up through the WMV.

I don't think that means there implementation is somehow simple.

No, it's definitely not simple; but it's still there; and the alpha model uses the same skeleton that the live one does. They would have to do some work, but they'd have to do similar amounts of work to make the choice between the current models and the new ones work properly as well.
90 Worgen Warlock
10/20/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Naerina
Correcting their mistakes is something that Blizzard has typically been good about in the past.

Haha yeah so if you guys want to work at Blizzard don't feel bad about making mistakes. Heck they may even double your salary if you screw up xD.

I'm kidding blizzard I'm kidding xD.
100 Blood Elf Mage
/signed

did Kailia change toons to a mage?
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/20/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Yakuchin
did Kailia change toons to a mage?

Do not speak its name lest you bring it's attention to this thread!
56 Troll Hunter
I vote for the pre-cata worgen model!
90 Worgen Hunter
bump
90 Dwarf Hunter
Posting my support for this. I know it's technically "data-mined content", but let's be honest: we know the first model exists and we'd like the chance to use it. Why let all that work go to waste?

C'mon, Blizzard. We've already had confirmation that you realize second-guessing the design had been a mistake. Now it's time to fix it.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I still want the old style human models, the ones they used for that flash back area that I forgot the name of now. I might actually play a human character then.
86 Worgen Warrior
10/20/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Kybeorie
I still want the old style human models, the ones they used for that flash back area that I forgot the name of now. I might actually play a human character then.

Perhaps the new human model will have similar features.
I support this, but I do so knowing nothing will come of it. If it's a great idea, Ghostcrawler won't let it happen. If it's his idea, he pays people to tell him it's a great one.
85 Worgen Mage
Why do you think I always wear goggles? The droopy unfocused eyes are easily my biggest peeve about the appearance of the female worgen model. I was so hyped in the alpha to get super cool glowing eyes, and instead I got "derp." Major disappointment.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hurr_durr.jpg?w=720

The worgen models as a whole seem to come off as unprofessional compared to some of the other fantastic work they've done in the past and continue to do.

The part that bothers me the most, though, is that supposedly(I'm going off of rumors, here) Blizzard admitted that the femworgen model is a trainwreck because of mis-communication between the concept art and 3d art teams. Mistakes happen, and that's fine...But it frustrates me that they obviously have no intention of correcting their mistake. Correcting their mistakes is something that Blizzard has typically been good about in the past.

I really wish I could have listened in on the conversations that went on regarding the design of the female worgen, because the final product definitely does not feel like it lines up with some of the spectacular concept art (See: Glowei's art on Sonsofthestorm.com/).

Oh my god, I love your comic you posted. I have it saved. It's adorable!
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I would definitely throw some money at Blizzard for race changes if the alpha models were an option.
86 Worgen Warrior
10/20/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Ibolya
Oh my god, I love your comic you posted. I have it saved. It's adorable!

You may enjoy this then... ((Warning; it could be considered mature content, depending on how you classify such things))
http://girault.deviantart.com/#/d3264w4
=P
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/20/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Renshaw
I would definitely throw some money at Blizzard for race changes if the alpha models were an option.

I recall saying something to the tune of "allowing model changes to the alpha model of worgen would make Blizzard piles of cash" a while back. Now, since we all know Blizz LOVES piles of cash, why in the blue hells would they NOT re-activate the alpha worgen files that are already there? Ghostcrawler could hire like three or four more Yes-men with what they'd make on race / model change alone.
Edited by Bleakheart on 10/20/2012 9:42 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd be more happy if after the old models were updated they went back and fix the females worgen to look more like a wolf. I mean they don't even look like wolves right now, and they most certainly do not look like they belong to the same species as the male worgen.

I think it says something too that the Halloween mask is the alpha model...you know the one that looked more like a wolf? Kinda like the time when they "accidentally" used the alpha model to advertise a race change.

I really do not think blizzard is happy with the model as it is, that is obvious and there is proof of that everywhere...the thing that's is annoying is the fact that nothing is done about it. I'd take the same model with better eyes and teeth at this rate. Just something that looked like a wolf and was the same species as the male worgen.
90 Troll Hunter
I fully support this. I think it's kind of sad that the female worgen hallow's end mask looks better than your actual in-game face.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/20/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Zakjuul
I fully support this. I think it's kind of sad that the female worgen hallow's end mask looks better than your actual in-game face.

they should have a option to let you wear it year round on your female worgen...
91 Worgen Death Knight
I hate the current Worgen females. Dudes are awesome, gals, not so much.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/20/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Fraxure
I hate the current Worgen females. Dudes are awesome, gals, not so much.

that's because the females right now look like a deranged toy breed instead of a wolf. Also human eyes? I still don't understand that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]