Alpha Models (as options!) for Worgen

55 Pandaren Rogue
You know, I've never had a problem with the female worgen. I always assumed people who wanted them changed just wanted them to look sexy. Now I'm pretty darn certain I was wrong about that.

When they first came out I loved them, but I'm a werewolf fanatic. Without doing any serious research I just figured people were wanting them to look sexier and since they are fierce killing machines I thought that was silly. Over time though, I got sick of creating them because they all look the same, and honestly it's pretty darn goofy.

Now I'm always playing my Pandas instead, because I LOVE the way they look.

Having looked over those alpha models and seeing the hair styles, and the faces, I have to say that I absolutely love them and would love to have a choice to play them. I would probably go back to playing Scarrlett here if I could freshen up her appearance.

I like the way the ears look on the alpha, and that they go back in fighting stance. The hair styles are fantastic, and the trimmer nose looks more wolf-like.

I'll definitely vote on your poll. I'm glad this thread got bumped so I could read it.
90 Worgen Druid
02/18/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Brewceleeroy
Just noticed this is talking about female worgens lol no one plays those

Clearly.
12 Worgen Rogue

Hi. I play one.
90 Worgen Hunter

Of course not.

I know right! Who would play one of those. :P

Back on topic.

I support more options, but wouldn't mind if they just polished up the live model (fix her bugs, remove the side snarl, give the eyes actual color, separate the mane from the body so they can have actual hairstyles, etc). I know i'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer the live model over the alpha.
85 Worgen Druid
You know, I've never had a problem with the female worgen. I always assumed people who wanted them changed just wanted them to look sexy. Now I'm pretty darn certain I was wrong about that.

When they first came out I loved them, but I'm a werewolf fanatic. Without doing any serious research I just figured people were wanting them to look sexier and since they are fierce killing machines I thought that was silly. Over time though, I got sick of creating them because they all look the same, and honestly it's pretty darn goofy.

Now I'm always playing my Pandas instead, because I LOVE the way they look.

Having looked over those alpha models and seeing the hair styles, and the faces, I have to say that I absolutely love them and would love to have a choice to play them. I would probably go back to playing Scarrlett here if I could freshen up her appearance.

I like the way the ears look on the alpha, and that they go back in fighting stance. The hair styles are fantastic, and the trimmer nose looks more wolf-like.

I'll definitely vote on your poll. I'm glad this thread got bumped so I could read it.

These are my favoritest kinds of posts in the thread. I'm so glad we made you stop and think about why most people really dislike the Live female worgen!

Worgen rogues have it the worst, too, poor dears. :P
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67260154@N04/6679212751/in/set-72157628824360509/

Not in the least!
58 Worgen Death Knight
I like the models as they are, except for the lack of a tail.
38 Blood Elf Paladin
02/18/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Wulfgarde

Worgen aren't supposed to have tails.
90 Worgen Warrior

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=glowei&cat=warcraft&art=46
http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=glowei&cat=warcraft&art=47
Blizzard's artwork disagrees.

(Thank you to the poster that provided the original link.)
Edited by Gerart on 2/18/2013 7:12 PM PST
38 Blood Elf Paladin
<pouts>

Fine!
85 Worgen Druid
02/18/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Gerart

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=glowei&cat=warcraft&art=46
http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php?artist=glowei&cat=warcraft&art=47
Blizzard's artwork disagrees.

(Thank you to the poster that provided the original link.)

Some artists draw worgen with tails, some draw them without. Personally, I wish we wouldn't get into the tail/no tail debate since our overall goal is just getting the alpha model added as-is.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/18/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Fluttershy
Some artists draw worgen with tails, some draw them without. Personally, I wish we wouldn't get into the tail/no tail debate since our overall goal is just getting the alpha model added as-is.

Yeah. I just get irked when people insist that worgen shouldn't have tails.

Especially with the way they walk. The way the cape flutters on my worgen...
60 Worgen Death Knight
Spot on about no one playing female worgens :P
12 Worgen Druid
We should have an option for people to have tails on their Worgens if they want them to, similar to Pandarens.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/18/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Terrorclavv
We should have an option for people to have tails on their Worgens if they want them to, similar to Pandarens.

Make a new skin color and attach tails to that one?

I dunno, just an idea.
12 Worgen Druid
02/18/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Gerart

I dunno, just an idea.

Not to make a new skin color, just have the original worgen skin colors, and if you want a tail you could pick a tailed worgen and if not, have a tailess one.
90 Worgen Priest
02/18/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Terrorclavv

I dunno, just an idea.

Not to make a new skin color, just have the original worgen skin colors, and if you want a tail you could pick a tailed worgen and if not, have a tailess one.

Yeah, but that requires them to double the number of skins available.

Work. Blizzard likes less work.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Yeah, but that requires them to double the number of skins available.

Work. Blizzard likes less work.

Exactly. We don't want this to become the "Tails for worgen" thread, not just because it's a lot more controversial (ask people if they want tails, they'll be split down the middle, and each side is equally passionate about why) but because it's a lot of extra work for little payoff. Adding the alpha models is a (relatively) quick, easy way to fix a good 99% of the bugs with the model and make it more appealing to a large chunk of the playerbase. Adding tails to either the Live or the alpha is neither quick nor easy.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/19/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Garofalo
Exactly. We don't want this to become the "Tails for worgen" thread, not just because it's a lot more controversial (ask people if they want tails, they'll be split down the middle, and each side is equally passionate about why) but because it's a lot of extra work for little payoff. Adding the alpha models is a (relatively) quick, easy way to fix a good 99% of the bugs with the model and make it more appealing to a large chunk of the playerbase. Adding tails to either the Live or the alpha is neither quick nor easy.

I'd make such a thread, except that I'm fully aware of the divide in the playerbase on the topic.

Such is life, I guess.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]