Prospecting Macro Question,

90 Human Paladin
Hey guys, after surfing google and these forums for a bit, I can't find an answer to my question.

I'm not looking for an 'Auto-prospect' macro, but simply one that's more self aware of what I have.

I'll explain:

My macro right now is this:

#show [modifier:exists] Ghost iron ore; Kyparite
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost iron ore
/use Kyparite

Having the modifier and ';' set up like that, makes the icon Kyparite and has the number on it in my bags, which is what I want.

however, Ghost iron is first in my bags, and first to be prospected.

Is there any way to have it show the tooltip/icon with the number in my inventory as it's about to feed through them? I'm going to play with it a bit more :)

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh! Found my answer!

#showtooltip [exists] Ghost iron ore; Kyparite
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost iron ore
/use Kyparite

I was adding 'Modifier' which is only used for things like holding shift and the like.

To elaborate, this macro accomplishes a few basic things outside of the normal '/cast prospecting' and '/use ore'

The icon itself changes to the first ore that you actually own. once i use all my ghost iron ore, the icon switches to Kyparite automatically with a number of how many I have in my bags.

Like I said, something simple but I wanted it :)

Hope this helps :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'd like to find one that recognizes when you have less than 5 ore available and just moves to the next ore on the macro. It's always annoying to have to shuffle things around in your bags so that the first ore (with less than 5) is behind the second ore.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I cannot get this to work, could you help me out?

I typed it out the same way you did, but I'm using it for Silver and Iron at the moment

#showtooltip [exists] Tin Ore; Silver Ore
/cast Prospecting
/use Tin Ore
/use Silver Ore

When I click the macro button it doesn't just casts Prospecting but doesn't use the ore.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I put the wrong Ore names in there, had to change them
Edited by Atralorn on 1/10/2013 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No such thing as Tin Iron Ore (and "Tine Iron Ore" as you have it misspelled in the second place.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out... When I typed that I was thinking of Iron, but I was looking for Tin in-game... So it came out like that... But I used the correct spelling and everything like that in-game and it still did not work, I still had to click the macro (or activate with keybind) then click the ore that I was prospecting, the only thing that was different when using the macro was that when I clicked the macro, the only ore that it would prospect was Tin, for instance, if I Clicked the above macro and then clicked on a copper ore I would not prospect that...

Any help in fixing the macro so that I can get it to work would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Why don't you guys just use Enchantrix? The standalone version doesn't require Auctioneer, if you're worried about (or don't want) the full Auctioneer suite.

http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/#release

Scroll down to the enchantrix link.

10/20/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Melite
I'd like to find one that recognizes when you have less than 5 ore available and just moves to the next ore on the macro. It's always annoying to have to shuffle things around in your bags so that the first ore (with less than 5) is behind the second ore.

Enchantrix does that. If you have 4 Iron ore in the first slot of your bag, 3 silver in the 10th slot, and 5 copper near the bottom of your bag somewhere, it'll skip the iron and silver and ask if you want to prospect the copper. Then if you get 1 more iron, or 2 more silver, it'll ask if you want to prospect it. Also works for milling herbs, and disenchanting items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]