MoP hidden areas and easter eggs

(Locked)

86 Human Rogue
While waiting for my heroic queue to pop on my main I've been out flying the world looking for funny little things, easter eggs, hidden areas, and mobs with vanity items. I'm curious if others have found anything themselves.

I admit I haven't explored everywhere, and sometimes may have just briefly flown around. If any of these are well-known horde wise I apologize, or even if quests later in a zone take you there (not having done everything yet myself). As a side note I use TomTom for coordinates, in case they differ with any other addon.

The Jade Forest:

At 45/37 in the jade forest is a pond, in the center is a little wooden raft with a skeleton, a alien rag doll, and two birds that sort of move their heads around, amusingly enough at the bottom of the (seemingly shallow) pond are two oars.

I don't have the coords for this one but there is a run away cart that ran over its owner. I believe its near a road, and near a rare spawn point.

Two of the many mountains in jade forest are named Exclamation Point(29/35) and Spire of Solitude(27/33). Not particularly interesting, but it amused me.

52/13 is a house on a mountain top, the house has many balloons attached, inside is a grumpy pandarian named Kar, outside is a grummle named Rusty Nail and a fox named Dig. A reference to the movie Up.

An achievement spot for those that don't know is the Shrine of Fellowship 32/33 (this is where the walkway starts to the top) keep an eye out for anything clickable.

Martar the Not-so-Smart 54/32 or thereabouts, neutral elite non-rare mob drops Martar's Magnifying Glass, a trinket where on use “Summons Martar the Not-So-Smart to fight, adventure, and frolic with you.”

The Veiled Stairs:

The Secret Aerie (51/12). Its a quaint pond with a book in a boat (the book is near 60/8) and the long bridge/walkway leads to a small village home of the People of the Sky and hawk trainers. Without flying you have to go through the ancient passage way and take the cut off in the cave.

75/76 is the top of the stairs to nowhere, Mason's Folly. When I first went there a hammer was just laying on the ground, one of the grey 100g items. I can't remember the favor text, unfortunately.

Kun-lai Summit:

On Mount Neverest near the top is a frozen mountain climber.

On the coast coords 43/17 is a little hut, outside is a hozen named Tik Tac, the Carpenter and inside the hut is Wally the tuskarr. You can ask him how he got to Pandaria and he has a few replies, the lines are basically from Alice in Wonderland, the story of the walrus and the carpenter.

Along the coast is a little cave (28/26) inside is a hozen Grohl Grohl the drum master.

Again along the coast is a flying turtle (about 54/20) named Lon'li Guju, if you /wave, /hug, or /love (possibly more) him he'll follow you around for a little while. I'm told this is reference to an actual tortoise named Lonesome George who was the last Pinta Island tortoise and died during MoP beta testing. He flies around so my location may not be where he actually is.

A neutral ram named Zhing wanders 38/53, one of the elites non-rare mobs you can kill for fun items. He drops a Bag of Kafa Beans which allows you to ride the large ram for a short while.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

This one I'm not sure what it references, if anything, but two large seemingly dinosaur like skeletons lie next to each other at 24/13 surrounded by roses.

32/13 is Loh-ki talk to him to get a little more info on the rare dragon Alani.

Krasarang Wilds:

This may be a quest area, I'm not entirely sure. But 18/67 is an island full of frogs and near the beach is a little sign depicting a frog.

Valley of Four Winds:

In the valley are two named mobs, you might not give much thought to them but each drops a quest item. First is Krosh at 65/25 at the pools of purity, he drops Krosh's back (Kresh from wailing caverns, anyone?), this is lootable by any in the party. Second is Manglemaw at 56/25 in the Gilded Fan, his was only lootable by myself and not the other member of my party.

I'd like to know if anyone else has found anything interesting in Pandaria, of course you can always post some of the old world secrets, some people may not know about them just yet. Feel free to correct me if something is involved in a quest or if you know the reference.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There's also the reference to UP in the Pandaren starting zone. I forget where but it's a building with a bunch of balloons tied onto it.
90 Night Elf Druid
I made a post about the the alice and wonderland references i've seen. It seems like someone at blizzard got into a wonderland kick recently because on top of the walrus and the carpenter there is a daily called "painting the ruins red"
86 Human Rogue
10/20/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Athinah
I made a post about the the alice and wonderland references i've seen. It seems like someone at blizzard got into a wonderland kick recently because on top of the walrus and the carpenter there is a daily called "painting the ruins red"

Ah, that one I didn't know!
90 Human Rogue
Throughout Pandaria ( Two In Jade Forrest, Krasarang Wilds, The Dread Wastes, Townlong Stepee, Kunlai Summit ) there are named Makura. Upon killing all six (each drops a shell ) you create a necklace of shells, which is used to summon a 7th named makura in Krasarang Wilds. He only has one item on his loot table worth noting. ( Lobstmourne)
Edited by Fingerbox on 10/20/2012 9:56 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
I think the tiny little ship in front of Yorik Sharpeye is cute.
90 Night Elf Druid
Throughout Pandaria (In Jade Forrest, Krasarang Wilds, The Dread Wastes, Townlong Stepee, Kunlai Summit (And perhaps Valley of the four winds)) there are named Makura. Upon killing all six (each drops a shell ) you create a necklace of shells, which is used to summon a 7th named makura in Krasarang Wilds. He only has one item on his loot table worth noting. ( Lobstmourne)

Oh there is also this weird clam in the dread wasts called gokk'lok grotto that has a LOT of health and sends adds at you. When you kill it you get a quest item from it that ends up giving you a trinket that strips you to your underpants and puts you in a clam. I think it's a reference to the Aphrodite Renaissance painting...it's still really weird regardless.
86 Human Rogue
10/20/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Hainault

D'aaww that's adorable. According to wowhead he also drops Mr. Smite's Brass Compass, on use: "Release the memories of a long-lost first mate."
90 Night Elf Warrior
There's a list on wowhead of every rare spawning BOA in Pandaria, but I prefer to look for them like an easter egg hunt. One of the best things to ever happen to WOW fluff wise.
More things like this to do please.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/20/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Carianate

D'aaww that's adorable. According to wowhead he also drops Mr. Smite's Brass Compass, on use: "Release the memories of a long-lost first mate."

yeah I got the impression that he was "smite in disguise" or something. I mean the ship = defiler ship. The chest = the chest he gets his two weapons out of...also he has the same weapons he used in the old encounter.

"aliens"
90 Night Elf Druid
Yorik Sharpeye drops Mr. Smite's Brass Compass
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/20/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Mjord
HUGGALON LOVE YOU.
YES YES YES YES YES.
10/20/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Carianate

You turn into Mr. Smite and shout "YOU THERE, CHECK OUT THAT NOISE!". It also plays the sound file.
When you go into combat it plays the "You landlubbers are tougher than I thought, I'll have to improvise..."

Also, did you guys notice Yorik is all "What are YOU doing here?"
We never killed Smite. c:
Edited by Ashley on 10/20/2012 10:04 PM PDT
86 Human Rogue
I will say this, I've searched every waterfall I've come across and there's been no cave. I'm sorely disappointed, Li-Li trolled me twice now.
90 Undead Warlock
In the August Celestial dailies, you get sent to the Temple of the White Tiger to fight in his tournament.

one of the mobs you fight is Master Boom Boom, the Dynamite Monkey Monk, a reference to the Dynamite Monkey meme established on fark.com
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In the August Celestial dailies, you get sent to the Temple of the White Tiger to fight in his tournament.

one of the mobs you fight is Master Boom Boom, the Dynamite Monkey Monk, a reference to the Dynamite Monkey meme established on fark.com
I maintain that the Wrestler is an indirect reference to Bane from Batman: DKR.
86 Human Rogue
Oh yea, Pengsong in Dread Wastes drops Tuft of Yak Fur which also lets you ride him (a giant white yak) for a short time.

And Sele'na a rare in Valley of the Four Winds drops Overgrown Lilypad which gives you one druid ability, every class but a druid (for obvious reasons) can use it.
90 Dwarf Hunter
On the border of Townlong and the Dread Wastes, there's an area called The Widening Deep and there's a female Pandaren NPC named Adele rolling around in it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]