MoP hidden areas and easter eggs

(Locked)

86 Human Rogue
10/20/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Cogmire
Unrealted to MoP but in Uldum theres a Anime Cat Head floating in the water.

Doesn't necessarily have to be MoP, some people still don't know old world secrets, like I didn't know that >.>
90 Goblin Shaman
I don't know about anyone else, but when I first realized that the Panda starting zone is on top of the back of a giant turtle, this went through my head:

"See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back all vows are made;
He sees the truth but mayn't aid.
He loves the land and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me."

It's from the Dark Tower series/mythos.
Edited by Jujubiju on 10/20/2012 10:52 PM PDT
90 Goblin Rogue
Where the quest "Bottletoads" took place in that farmers map, there's a toad called Rash, I believe it's the Rash from the battletoads games. :D It actually made my day.
15 Blood Elf Hunter
10/20/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Bolifra
On the border of Townlong and the Dread Wastes, there's an area called The Widening Deep and there's a female Pandaren NPC named Adele rolling around in it.

OMG I never understood that, I didnt understand how it is a reference other then the name. Rolling in the Deep DUH >.<
90 Night Elf Warrior
In the August Celestial dailies, you get sent to the Temple of the White Tiger to fight in his tournament.

one of the mobs you fight is Master Boom Boom, the Dynamite Monkey Monk, a reference to the Dynamite Monkey meme established on fark.com
I maintain that the Wrestler is an indirect reference to Bane from Batman: DKR.
Dude, that pandaren in the hot tub wearing the Hannibal Lector/Bane mask makes geist sound FX. That was disturbing,
90 Goblin Shaman
Unrealted to MoP but in Uldum theres a Anime Cat Head floating in the water.

Doesn't necessarily have to be MoP, some people still don't know old world secrets, like I didn't know that >.>

In Northrend at the Inn at New Agmand, go sit at the doorway and watch the innkeeper and her sister.

1) They're twins
2) Ever see Kubricks version of the Shining?

I'm not sure if anyone else made that connection when they first saw it.

What happens:

The innkeeper and her sister stand side by side in one spot for about a full minute. Then, the one of them turns around and walks away. If I recall the other also walks away a few seconds later.

In The Shining (the movie not the book), the twins do the same thing.

I keep trying to find Stephen King references.
Edited by Jujubiju on 10/21/2012 11:22 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
Also- a chuckle:

How come when we walk into Karazhan, the inside of the building is so much bigger than what's on the outside?

How come when we walk into the Filrelands, we walk into a building but walk into an outside area?
90 Blood Elf Monk
Weirdest thing I've found...

In the Jade Forest, on top of one of the mountains, are 2 dead Pandaren who died whilst in an endless game of... something. It's quite disturbing. They even have 2 half eaten plates of food still sitting out. And there's no name or anything of interest to click at all...

It's just a very... very... haunting place.
90 Tauren Druid
In Dalaran sewer, there are a rat and 4 turtles.

In Grizzly Hills, near (I think) Westfall Brigade encampment, there is a pair of deer (one mother one fawn) plus skunk and rabbit. If you watch them long enough, a npc hunter comes out and kill the mother.
90 Night Elf Warrior
One of my favorites is in Utgarde Pinnacle. Right at the entrance to the Right there is a Robotic Arm in a Glass Case. Its identical to the Terminator Arm in the glass class from Terminator 2.
90 Tauren Druid
Forgot one more: in Onyxia Lair along the passage before reaching the dragon boss, in the lava is a 5 pointed weapon like the movie Krull.
90 Gnome Mage
There is an NPC in "The Widening Deep" (between Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes). She is CONSTANTLY rolling (you can't stop her). She rolls, continually, at the bottom of the gorge from one end to the other...then back again.

Her name is Adele.
90 Worgen Death Knight
There is a quest in the Krasarang Wilds that has you collect Vial of Tiger Blood and Ancient Tiger's Blood

Charlie Sheen reference of course.
46 Blood Elf Monk
I've heard if you start killing the frogs on the island of frogs in the wilds, a named one will come up and instantly kill you, with a spell called "frog justice" or something similar.
90 Troll Shaman
There is a quest in the Krasarang Wilds that has you collect Vial of Tiger Blood and Ancient Tiger's Blood

Charlie Sheen reference of course.

the tiger you kill for the ancient tigers blood is named 'Chasheen'

if the reference wasnt obvious enough.
Community Manager
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?
14 Night Elf Warrior
10/24/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Crithto
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

There's an achievement for it.
90 Worgen Rogue

10/20/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Carianate
An achievement spot for those that don't know is the Shrine of Fellowship 32/33 (this is where the walkway starts to the top) keep an eye out for anything clickable.

Blizzard confirmed for only reading thread titles.
90 Night Elf Druid

I think so! That statue from the trailer that keeps leaning over even after you try and straighten it? Pretty cool :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]