MoP hidden areas and easter eggs

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Warrior
10/24/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Crithto
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?
Not only that, I was exploring that area late at night a few weeks ago for the first time, when I tabbed out to check a message on Facebook. I noticed Samwise was drunkenly posting music videos all over the Sons of the Storm FB feed. As I tabbed back into the game, I walked across a bridge and there standing before me was Sam the Wise, the Metal Brewmaster! Life was suddenly imitating art!

I shared this with Mr Didier on his posting and he graced me this divine reply:

Right on ****! Panda King approves.

A magical WOW moment I will always savor.
Edited by Elrith on 10/24/2012 9:56 PM PDT
90 Worgen Mage
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

I found it by accident, and though I knew the achievement existed, I did not realize that that was what I had to do to earn it. I was curious when I saw the clickable, and quite startled when I spontaneously got an achievement. Was a very nice touch though.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Was anyone else hoping that Zhu's Watch in Krasarang Wilds was going to be a reference to Zhu's Hope in the first Mass Effect?

It would have been a terrible reference, but the name is so similar.
90 Undead Priest
I recently watched the TV series lost and there is a part where they find this mysterious hatch on their veiled island and in krassong on an island there is a hatch with a bunch of skeletons around it and a note with a reference to the show that spawns there sometimes.
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you watch minecarts above the BG in Silvershard mines, every now and then you'll see Harrison Jones riding in one
43 Undead Hunter
10/20/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Carianate
While waiting for my heroic queue to pop on my main I've been out flying the world looking for funny little things, easter eggs, hidden areas, and mobs with vanity items. I'm curious if others have found anything themselves.

No! You're not allowed to have fun. Don't you know, this isn't a game, it's work! :P
28 Orc Warlock
http://www.wowpedia.org/Sam_the_Wise

Obvious Samwise reference.

Some Trivia not listed on that page, the last line of his quote is a reference to Hammerfall, a band that Samwise does album art for.

Also I found the rosey dinosaur skeletons in Vale the other day. Creepy as hell if you ask me.
Edited by Samfisher on 10/24/2012 11:41 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
Not only that, I was exploring that area late at night a few weeks ago for the first time, when I tabbed out to check a message on Facebook. I noticed Samwise was drunkenly posting music videos all over the Sons of the Storm FB feed. As I tabbed back into the game, I walked across a bridge and there standing before me was Sam the Wise, the Metal Brewmaster! Life was suddenly imitating art!

Sammy the Wise is my hero.

Edited by Elrith on 10/24/2012 11:44 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
10/24/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Softhoof
I recently watched the TV series lost and there is a part where they find this mysterious hatch on their veiled island and in krassong on an island there is a hatch with a bunch of skeletons around it and a note with a reference to the show that spawns there sometimes.
If you go to the Scholazar Basin there's a hatch on a small sand bar there with "the numbers" on it.
90 Worgen Druid
I dont know if this counts, or who put it in.. but those summit prowlers entertain me FAR too much. I sat there, in stealth, on my druid watching them for a good five minutes. especially those DARLING cubs!
90 Worgen Druid
In Dalaran sewer, there are a rat and 4 turtles.

In Grizzly Hills, near (I think) Westfall Brigade encampment, there is a pair of deer (one mother one fawn) plus skunk and rabbit. If you watch them long enough, a npc hunter comes out and kill the mother.

actually, when that happens the fawn gets a buff, and can kill players. its called something like the rath of bambina.

10/24/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Yanju
I've heard if you start killing the frogs on the island of frogs in the wilds, a named one will come up and instantly kill you, with a spell called "frog justice" or something similar.

I found this little tiny area by stormwind once (i had to fly to get up there) and it was a little house, with a ton of sheep outside of it. Thinking this was odd, and bored (i found this place by accident) I decided to kill some sheep. After two or so, there was yelling. After about five, this guy came out of the little shack and punted me off the ledge. and no, i wasnt on an engineer/druid/mage/priest and i died.

There's the creepy references. The goldshire children, the random ghosts that will attack you if you put down AOE... There's the really, terribly creepy place in outland with all those cages, and random babies and piles of bloody bones.
Edited by Urszula on 10/25/2012 1:11 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Might have already been mentioned.

Red Blossom Leeks, You Make the Croc-in' World Go Down and Miss Fanny.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this but I found a cute but extremely tough pug called none other then..... Crithto running around the cobble stone streets of Stormwind. I attempted to take on said pug, he dispatched of me fairly quickly being level 91elite and all.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I did, I did! :D

Anyway, I was in the Krasarang Wilds a few days ago when I found an island, and on it were two gnome skeletons holding hands next to a hatch. There was also a note next to them that had the release date of Diablo 3 on it. Weird o.O
90 Human Warrior
In the Widening Deep subzone of Townlong Steppes (the ravine between Steppes and Dread Wastes), there's a female Pandaren rolling around.

Her name is Adele.
100 Human Warrior
Didn't read all 4 pages, but one place i found:

In the jade forest there is a high peak. On top is a little red-roofed open shrine. Inside is a table with an in-progress game (maybe mahjong or checkers) and a pair of skeletons in chairs at the table.
10/20/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Carianate
An achievement spot for those that don't know is the Shrine of Fellowship 32/33 (this is where the walkway starts to the top) keep an eye out for anything clickable.

Something else notable about this spot is the NPC that resides there, Sam the Wise. This is a reference to Lord of the Rings, Samwise Gamgee and the Fellowship of the Ring

edit:

OMG we got a two-fer reference!
Edited by Skyblu on 10/25/2012 7:56 AM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
Posting for later.

Thanks for all the posts!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]